This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suddenly it's raining interviews

For the last 2 summers I have been out of work, and not for lack of trying.
    Last summer hit me particularly hard, because I was up for co-op placement, which I need to graduate from my program. I, along with 2 other students didn't get placed. I was *not* a happy camper.

This year, I'm up for placement again. Last time, we only got a handful of job postings at a time. This time, in the first 2 weeks, we got 30+. WTF?? I don't think we got that many postings in the entire semester last year!

Not that I'm complaining. I spent the whole day applying for as many as I could. Now I have interviews.

I have five interviews in one single week. Next week. On Monday and Thursday I have 2 in the same day.

Double WTF? Again I barely got that many interviews in the entire semester last year. Hell for the last 2 years I've felt like a leper to employers, now all of a sudden I'm Mr. Popularity. My co-op coordinator even teased me about it.

I'm not complaining of course. It's going to be a long, and hopefully productive week. So I shake my fist defiantly at the onset of the storm screaming "Bring in on!", while keeping two fingers crossed behind my back. And possibly sucking my thumb at night.
    Last edited by Talon; 02-06-2010, 01:13 AM.
    Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Yikes! I'm officially drowned in interview requests!

I now have 3 requests for this upcoming Thursday. I could do it, except the times conflict. Unless someone gives me a TARDIS, or a transporter beam, there's no way I can make all of them.

I've e-mailed my co-op coordinater, hopefully she can do something. I think this is more interview requests in 1 single week than I've had in my entire *lifetime*!
    Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

Working...
    X