This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kids are cute and exploding cat food

Two short but very funny stories from tonight.

Story the first:

Mother and son duo come up. Mother has one of the gigantic boxes of nappies, which would mean that either she's pregnant or has a friend who's pregnant. She also has a Ben 10 squeezy thing (basically if you squeeze it right, a bubble shoots out of a corner and has green slime and aliens in it.) which I'm guessing is for the son. She doesn't want him to know what it is, so she covers it up, asks me to hide it and then tells her son it's "soap." (the kid looks to be about 4 or 5)

Me: Um...there's no barcode, did you want to go and get another one? (mother and son duo take off, on the search for "soap.")

They come back with a barcode and this conversation is triggered.

Son: What is it? What is it?
    Mother: It's soap. (son manages to see the label)
    Son: It's Ben 10!
    Me (without missing a beat): It's Ben 10 soap! Even aliens need to wash!

Son sulks because he can't see this "Ben 10" soap, which causes the mother and me to both start laughing. He didn't throw a tantrum, he just had that frown on his face and his arms crossed.

(and yes, I do ham it up for the kids if it's quiet)

Story the Second:

Lady comes up to the line with her shopping. She then goes to pick up her box of cat food. And we have no idea how the glue came undone, but as she picked it up...all the cat food just fell right out of the box and all over the floor. (this was dry food)

Fortunately the lady saw the funny side of it. I cleaned it up, while we were both joking over the cat food "explosion" and I managed to make her feel better by telling her about the story of the fallen Robitussin (that went all over the floor INSIDE the checkout, said checkout smelt like alcohol for the rest of the day...) which we both found funny.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Robitussin? Ugh, I bet that was a sticky mess. And I'm glad the woman had a sense of humor, it makes all the difference. Much better than those with the "It's your job to clean up after me" attitude.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Yes the Robitussin was sticky. We managed to dilute it for the most part with a LOT of water and the cleaning sprays, but the checkout smelled like jaegermeister (according to my coworker that is, I have never actually drank jagermeister). This just resulted in cat food EVERYWHERE.
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
      X