This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 reserved events sponsored by the Presiden'ts office

Very long post, & so I will break it up into 2 posts.

Visitor Parking was reserved for an events Thursday sponsored by the President's office. "Nancy" from the Parking office called me on Tuesday to let me know that I cannot let anyone not here for the President's event park in the garage. Then this morning "Shelly", who works in the President's office & who reserved the parking spots, drove up to the booth window around 7: 30 a.m. & told me that the garage needs to stay clear for the President's event. There is a breakfast & a luncheon. Plus it is cold & raining outside. This information is important.

First customer at 7 a.m.:

As I was walking towards the booth Thursday morning I noticed that the full sign was on. Apparently the Parking office turns on the full sign for reserved events sponsored by the President's office. I have not seen the fulls sign on for events reserved by other departments. I saw a car drive up to the entrance gate to Visitor parking, but since the full was on, the driver could not enter. Then I heard the driver say "I cannot park?" I said "no". I enter the booth, & the driver, a female, parks in front of the booth & walks up to the booth window.

female student: "Hi, I normally park at Maple Street at the College of Business, but I forgot my access card, & I cannot enter Visitor Parking."
    me: "I'm sorry, but the full sign is on because it is blocked off for events, & unfortunately you will have to find other parking other than Visitor parking either at *I list off every parking lot near the campus I know*"
    female student: "But it will be cold and rainy today. I need covered parking."
    me: "I am sorry, but I am not allowed to raise the gate when the full sign is on."
    female student: "I cannot believe that the University closed the lot today. I am a student here, & I paid $80.00 for a parking permit. Why do they do this?"
    me: "You will have to ask about that at the parking office."
    female student: "but there is not enough student parking. I am a student, & I paid $80.00 for a parking permit."
    me: "You will have to ask about that at the parking office."
    female student: "So where do I park that is covered?"
    me: "Unfortunately, the only lot that is covered is Visitor parking, but since it is blocked off for events, the only suggestion I can give is other parking either at *I list off the the same parking lots again*"

She finally leaves.

Since I have to call the parking office with the # of cars already parked in the garage, I leave them voice mail with that information *I am hoping that the 2 cars that were already parked in the garage were caterers unless the full sign was turned on after those cars entered the garage* as well as a message stating that a female student might come to the office & complain. "Nancy" called me to let me know that she did complain, but was told that when the garage is reserved, it is reserved.

GED testing:

Guy drives up to the booth window & tells me he has 3 reserved spots for GED testing. So I look at the Outlook calendar where the reservations are posted, & there is not a reservation for anyone going to Testing Services. So I tell him this as well as the fact that I have no available parking. He looks surprised, but he & the 2 cars behind him leave to find other parking.

Then "Nancy" calls me to let me know that "Shelly" e-mailed her a list of people attending the breakfast & a list of people attending the luncheon. She forwarded the e-mail to me, & she informed me that I can only go by the 2 lists.

Female employee working in Development:

The faculty/staff garage is adjacent to Visitor Parking. I notice a staff member exit that garage & pull up to the booth window. She tells me that she works in Development, which is located on the same floor as the President's office, & she is here to work at the President's event. She tells me I can call "Shelly" to confirm. I call "Nancy", & I let her know why I am calling. She tells me she has to call "Shelly" first, & she asks me for her name. I get the employees name, "Mary Cosmer". Because there was a car behind her, I raised the gate for her to turn around. She does that, & the person behind her sees that the full sign is on, & she turns around & exits. Then "Mary Cosmer" pulled up to the booth window, & she asked me how long she had to wait. I told her that "Nancy" has to call "Shelly", who then gives "Nancy" her answer. Then "Nancy" calls me with "Shelly's" answer. Mary decides to park at one of the faculty/staff lots. "Nancy" calls me & tells me that according to "Shelly", "Mary Cosmer" was not scheduled to work at any of the President's reserved events that day.
Working...
X