Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I HATE "The Change" (Warning: Graphic and possibly NSFW)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth BeeMused View Post
    Gaaaaah! I feel like a teen today! I've got a huge pimple right on my chin! Gaaaaaaah!
    Don't feel bad. I've got one right under my bottom lip.

Went over to the Imaging Center and had more pics taken . . . 3 pics in all and apparently they have found some dense tissue, which can obscure anything malignant in the right breast. They did notice a few white spots on the pictures, which they think may be harmless calcifications, but as we have no long term history of mammography pictures to go by, I'll go back in 6 months for more pictures to see if there's been any change.

And, in other news, I found a new primary care doctor. Went to see her Thursday and went over everything since April with her. She's asked for pics from both mammogram sessions (which I signed release forms for on the way out) and has referred me to a gastrontentionalogist (sp?) for a colonoscopy (since I have family history of colon cancer.)

That appointment is on the 26th, where I"ll meet w/this doctor and go over everything and set the date for the procedure. My physical w/my new PCP will be in October (on the 5th, since I'm taking that week off from work I'll have all week to get all this stuff done w/little difficulty hopefully) and go from there.

As for the rash I've had on my back and trunk for years, she recommended an OTC medicated shampoo (such as Head & Shoulders, or Selsun Blue) to use overnight on that. For my legs, she's recommended compression socks, so I guess next payday I'll check at the drugstore and see what's available and try a pair.

Other than that, and getting my teatnus shot updated, I'm hanging in there. My right upper arm is still sore even after 2 days but it's loosened up since I've been up and working on the house today.

And I still haven't had a cigarette since June 3. I'm still on the e-cigs and am right now on 18mgs. But I've noticed I've not had a taste for a glass of wine in months now. Last bottle of Chardonnay I bought I ended up having to pour down the sink b/c it had been in the fridge over 2 months after I had opened it (and even what little I had tasted terrible . . . and this was Fetzer.) Are my taste buds changing now along with everything else?

At least the kitties are keeping me entertained (and I'll post an update on them over in Off Topic.) And I'm wanting more soft drinks . . .

At least I'm still enjoying my coffee . . .
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
      And I'm wanting more soft drinks . . .
      Have you tried seltzer? No calories, and no artificial sweeteners (a lot of which are "bad actors"). Just flavoured carbonated water - and quite tasty.

Don't know about your neck of the woods, but around here the big brands are Nestle (PureLife is the label they sell it under here, other areas have the same product under different labels) in the bottled water section of the grocery store, and White Rock (wide variety of flavours, found in the kosher section of the grocery store)
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
        Have you tried seltzer? No calories, and no artificial sweeteners (a lot of which are "bad actors"). Just flavoured carbonated water - and quite tasty.

Don't know about your neck of the woods, but around here the big brands are Nestle (PureLife is the label they sell it under here, other areas have the same product under different labels) in the bottled water section of the grocery store, and White Rock (wide variety of flavours, found in the kosher section of the grocery store)
        I keep bottled water all the time (I buy it up when I can catch a good sale) and keep a few bottles cold in the fridge (nice to have one beside my desk) so I try to have at least 2 full bottles a day.

Seltzer I've tried but I frankly don't care for it. . . .reminds me of Alka-Seltzer.

As far as brands go: I like Aquafina but it's hard to find a really good sale on it, so I usually just stick with whatever store brand is on sale (drug stores are a good place to buy up by the case, so I check the Sunday ad flyers religiously) or check the grocery store ads and buy whatever the limit is, and go back later in the ad week and buy up a few more. Sometimes I can get a case on sale for around 2.50 or so (3 letter drugstore usually runs 2.44/case with a limit of 3 and I've got 3 locations near me so I can make a run to all of them after work and have the car quite loaded down.)

I also carry water to work with me and sip during the day (right now, I have to partly because I have NO AIR in the back room and I'm worried about getting sick from the heat.)
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

http://www.discountsurgical.com/

http://www.discountsurgical.com/abso...ort.23909.html

I get them in nude, they're $8.95 each, and I order 6 at a time because I have to wear them every damned day... Far cheaper, and stronger, than I've found in stores near me.

Comment

Quoth Minflick View Post
            http://www.discountsurgical.com/

http://www.discountsurgical.com/abso...ort.23909.html

I get them in nude, they're $8.95 each, and I order 6 at a time because I have to wear them every damned day... Far cheaper, and stronger, than I've found in stores near me.
            Thanks for the links . . . I've bookmarked it for later. I should be able to get a couple of pairs to start with at the first of the month (and I have 3 paychecks in September - yay me) so I can try those out to see how they work.

Comment

Don't feel bad. I've got one right under my bottom lip.
              We're the Acne Brigade - Adult Chapter!

But I've noticed I've not had a taste for a glass of wine in months now. Last bottle of Chardonnay I bought I ended up having to pour down the sink b/c it had been in the fridge over 2 months after I had opened it (and even what little I had tasted terrible . . . and this was Fetzer.) Are my taste buds changing now along with everything else?
              This is strange... lately I've lost the appetite for chocolate. So perhaps the hormonal changes are affecting the taste buds!
              No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Quoth BeeMused View Post
                We're the Acne Brigade - Adult Chapter!

This is strange... lately I've lost the appetite for chocolate. So perhaps the hormonal changes are affecting the taste buds!
                I still like my chocolate and sweet stuff . . . it's just the wine.

Frankly, it's been spring since I've had a good beer or mixed drink for that matter.

Comment

And I still haven't had a cigarette since June 3. I'm still on the e-cigs and am right now on 18mgs. But I've noticed I've not had a taste for a glass of wine in months now. Last bottle of Chardonnay I bought I ended up having to pour down the sink b/c it had been in the fridge over 2 months after I had opened it (and even what little I had tasted terrible . . . and this was Fetzer.) Are my taste buds changing now along with everything else?
                  It's probably that they're beginning to reawaken after you quit smoking (well done, by the way ). My stepdad quit smoking earlier in the year and he's been having fun rediscovering what things taste like now that his tastebuds aren't being numbed.
                  "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
                    It's probably that they're beginning to reawaken after you quit smoking (well done, by the way ). My stepdad quit smoking earlier in the year and he's been having fun rediscovering what things taste like now that his tastebuds aren't being numbed.
                    I suspect another reason for that is that a glass of wine would clash with the e-liquid I'm smoking ATM.

Let's just say Chardonnay clashes with Hazelnut Caramel Macchiato

Comment

If you're looking for vape supplies (which is basically like an e-cig) then go look Matt Bradley up on FB. If you watch any reality tv he's a deckhand on Deadliest Catch's Northwestern & he also has a vape business on the side he works during off season.

Not sure what the name of his business is but if you look him up & ask him, he can point you in the right direction
                      "Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

Comment

Quoth CorneliaMarieRocks View Post
                        If you're looking for vape supplies (which is basically like an e-cig) then go look Matt Bradley up on FB. If you watch any reality tv he's a deckhand on Deadliest Catch's Northwestern & he also has a vape business on the side he works during off season.

Not sure what the name of his business is but if you look him up & ask him, he can point you in the right direction
                        Cool.

I've been shopping at MadVapes for the last few weeks (have one location in my city and it's just around the corner from work) that I've been buying my juices from (they have that oh-so-heavenly Hazlenut Caramel Macchiato )

Did discover that the pen style mods don't hold up for long term vaping . . . the batteries go out within a few weeks (the KangerTech Evod I bought online in June decided to crap out and bought a Smok brand ego twist style for $20 at MadVapes last week.) I've heard the box mods are better for long term vaping, not to mention those batteries last longer . . . so that's on my list for next month (had a tight budget this past payday, so $20 was all I could spare toward a new pen instead of $30 for a entry level iLeaf box mod.)

Otherwise, I'm hanging in there . . . have my consult on Wednesday w/the gastro doctor (I have trouble saying that long word) about the upcoming colonoscopy. Need to call the gynocologist back and get that appointment set up, as well as my eye doctor (want to get both mine and Mom's eyes checked while I"m off in October and I need to call this week otherwise all their appointments for that week will be filled.)

Another flavor I like on the e-liquid is French Vanilla Tobacco. Banana Berry Blast is also pretty good, too.

Comment

yeah, the box mods I think is the one he mostly sells ( I don't smoke or vape )

there's one thing I've noticed though, is that when Matt is on the boat he smokes regular cigs, but he doesn't on the beach.

So, why would someone go back & forth like that? Seems silly, especially since regular cigs don't last too long out on deck anyhow
                          "Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

Comment

Quoth CorneliaMarieRocks View Post

So, why would someone go back & forth like that? Seems silly, especially since regular cigs don't last too long out on deck anyhow
                            I think it's silly as well. I've taken my cigarettes out on the boat before (when I was dating the last guy - he and his son had a place out at a lake and a boat they sometimes took out on the water) and it is really inconvenient, not to mention I don't like the idea of throwing out butts into the water (I mean, you have fish and other life forms in the water - not good for them)

Add to that the water spraying up when you're travelling fast and the wind, it's hard to keep one lit.

But in other news, I have my colonoscopy scheduled for October 5 - same day as my physical (colonoscopy first thing in the morning, physical in the afternoon)

and after all that prep work I'll have to do for that and the fact that I have to fast for the physical, first place I'm going after that's done will be to get FOOD.

And on top of that, I have eye exams set for both me and Mom that Thursday afternoon (it's easier for both of us to get them done at the same time, especially since she has to use the transport van to travel to her appointments.)

Either way, it'll be a busy week off.

Comment

I love my box mods, we started out on the "pen" type batteries but they crapped out pretty quickly. Moved on to an eLeaf iStick 20w each with a nautilus tank on top, brilliant bit of kit, loved it. Now we both have Innokin coolfires. DH has an iSub G tank on his, but doesn't like it, some glaring design faults and it leaks, i've got a kangertech Subtank mini. Went with the mini over the nano because it meant i could rebuild my own coils, which is a lot cheaper and surprisingly easy.

Our local vape hop has some great brands of liquid, i'm currently vaping "black ice" which is a minty aniseed with an ice menthol in it. That'll clear the pipes!

DH was a heavier smoker than me and started on 18 mg, then dropped to 12 mg when I started vaping, now we're down to 6 mg or even 0 sometimes.

Speaking of gastro, i've got a gastroscopy in a few weeks, they now seem certain I have an ulcer. Yay me.
                              Last edited by Golden Phoenix; 09-07-2015, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Had a busy few days, so a quick update (and trying to type w/ a lovebug kitty on my lap):

Last Thursday was my gyno appointment. Thoroughly discussed the pros and cons of the Loestrin pill that my doctor had been planning to put me on and got the script for it. Discussed my thryoid test results as well: one component came back on the low end of normal, so she asked for more blood (and no, she has vampires in her family - I asked.) I'll go back to her in 3 months (roughly first week of January) and follow up and go over the results on the latest bloodwork and discuss progress on the nicotine withdrawal (I'm on 11 mg/eliquid currently.)

Got a sweet box mod at the vape shop on the way home - an eLeaf 20Watt 5.5 volt iStick - turned out it was being discontunued so I got it for $45 (little more than I planned on spending but it was recommended b/c I wanted something w/decent battery life and would last a lot longer than the pen style.) Only one red one left (which is more like a hot pink color) and it almost didn't want to charge. So I looked at the other one they had in stock of that model, which was a dark blue. Just as I was getting checked out (got 2 bottles of liquid and a couple of coils for the newer tanks I bought) the pink one came to life. So I took the pink one home. So far she's doing fine. She has a slightly bigger battery than the small mini one I looked at originally but she's not too bulky and I do like the adjustable wattage and voltage and she fits just fine for me.

Yesterday was the colonoscopy, which went just fine. Dr. found 3 polyps that he removed and sent to pathology for testing. His office will call back in about 2 weeks to give me the results. But the procedure itself went fine. Once I got in the procedure room and the nurses inserted the sleepy juice in my IV line, I was asleep pretty quickly and didn't know a thing until I came to in recovery. Stayed there for about 30 minutes or just over so they could get an assessment - felt no aftereffects at all. Just a slightly dry mouth and I wanted something to drink but was told I'd have to wait a bit. Once they unhooked me from the monitors and I could get dressed, I was led to a small area near the exit where the Dr. came and went over the findings and I got to have some Sprite (no coffee . . . waaaah) Then the nurse came and led me outside to the car, where Mom was waiting (no wheelchair to borrow so she could come inside, so Mom had to wait in the car.) Also got a printed copy of the report so I could take to the gynocologist (just in case she wanted to review on my next visit. My family doctor will get a copy of the report in a few days since she's the one who requested the procedure.)

Went straight to Biscuitville and got a scrambled egg biscuit w/bacon and a large coffee . . . then found I had some donuts waiting at home. Had a chocolate covered cream filled, went and got the sheets in the dryer (I had stripped my bed linens before I left earlier and got the washer started but my brother didn't think to check and see if anything needed to go to the dryer) and did some dishes while I waited on the sheets. Got the bed made up a short time later, turned on the tv and stretched out on the bed w/a couple of the kittens and watched tv and dozed off for a bit.

Worst part of the procedure is definitely the prep the day before. 2 laxative tabs 2 hours apart and then start drinking that concoction they prescribed (which was the generic version - $15 at the drugstore when I went by Friday to pick it up. And the Loestrin tabs were $0 copay.) This stuff I had to mix w/water up to the fill line (4 ltr jug) and was supposed to have been lemon lime flavored, but tasted more like baking soda w/a hint of lemon lime. Started tasting pretty salty after about the first 6 glasses (by this time I'd finished just over half the jug) and spent the better part of the afternoon between the fridge, bedroom and bathroom. Tastes icky but it does what it's supposed to do . . . it cleans out EVERYTHING.

And the good part of this: I don't have to do this again for 5 years.

The loestrin I started on Sunday . . . . and I should start noticing a change within a week or two, or so I'm told. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this helps w/the mood swings . . . they have been pretty bad and pretty long lasting when they occur. I just want to feel like my old self again.

Comment

Working...
                                X