Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't remember how many people signed up last year.

This is how it works, when the thread for the current year is made, you send your info: name address, etc to JuniorMintz (the orgainizer), then when the time comes, you will get an e-mail with all the addresses of the people. Send a card to those addresses. You can write anything you want in it.
    "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" Severus Snape

Comment

• Quoth Rine View Post

About how many people signed up last year? What kind of messages do you write inside? I'm more of a "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year" type person myself. Or sometimes I write "Happy Holidays." How many overseas cards were there?
      1. Off the top of my head--maybe 65 people or so?

2. Your basic "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year", plus a little something more if I can think of something that applies to the person.

3. Again off the top of my head--about 15-20 cards to people outside the U S of A.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

• Quoth LibraryLady View Post
        but I don't have a cell phone and, so I don't think I could send PMs.
        See IPF below for the heads up on the card exchange, but as far as 'PSs', in this context it means Personal Message through the board itself - a way to share more personal info more privately than on the publicly accessible forums.

Comment

• Last year there were

52 USians
          5 Canadalandians
          4 UKers (England and Wales)
          1 South African
          1 New Zealander
          1 Australian

I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
            Last year there were

52 USians
            5 Canadalandians
            4 UKers (England and Wales)
            1 South African
            1 New Zealander
            1 Australian
            And a partridge in a pear tree!!!
            "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
            Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

• Quoth Rine View Post
              I would like to participate as well...this sounds strange, but I bought two boxes of Christmas cards back in Jan. so I can join in this year.
              I went and bought four as soon as the after-christmas sales hit. Hopefully I can find them when the time comes.
              The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

• Well, there were actually 2 of us kiwis on the list (not counting the Canadian kiwi), but as far as I know, the other one piked and was one of the no-shows.

As for message - ANYTHING GOES. The list rules are quite clear that nobody is allowed to object to well-meaning messages even if it's not their particular cup of tea, so no objection to "Merry Christmas", "God bless" or "Happy Hanukah" is allowed. As long as you write something (anything) in a positive spirit, it'll be taken well.

Comment

Working...
                X