This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MineCraft Help

I WILL be getting a new computer soon (mini mac in case you were wondering) but for right now all I have is a second hand laptop that has...issues. ANYHOO...I know this computer used to play minecraft and play it pretty well but I can't seem to get it to play anymore. I need help please...

Stats:

More details about my computer

Component Details
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5850 @ 2.16GHz

Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
    Graphics Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
    Gaming graphics 358 MB Total available graphics memory
    Primary hard disk 57GB Free (297GB Total)
    Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium

System
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer TOSHIBA
    Model Satellite P305
    Total amount of system memory 4.00 GB RAM
    System type 64-bit operating system
    Number of processor cores 2

Storage
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 297 GB
    Disk partition (C 57 GB Free (297 GB Total)
    Media drive (E CD/DVD

Graphics

Display adapter type Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
    Total available graphics memory 358 MB
    Dedicated graphics memory 0 MB
    Dedicated system memory 128 MB
    Shared system memory 230 MB
    Display adapter driver version 7.15.10.1624
    Primary monitor resolution 1440x900
    DirectX version DirectX 10

Network

Network Adapter Marvell Yukon 88E8040T PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller
    Network Adapter Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection
    Network Adapter Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter
    Last edited by Aethian; 10-19-2013, 07:37 PM.

According to Minecraft minimum specs, you need OpenGL 2.1. According to sketchy information about the Intel 965 Express, it only supports OpenGL 2.0 (or even 1.5 according to some sources).

Performance reports from Minecraft users suggest that even early Intel HD Graphics versions - which are newer than the 965 - are getting slideshows.

Comment

So I'm screwed on playing till I get the new comp?

Comment

That seems likely.

Minecraft does get updated every so often, and the trend now is to upgrade the graphics gradually over time, which does potentially leave marginally-supported hardware behind. Intel graphics falls squarely into "marginally supported" territory for pretty much any 3D game, although the newest incarnations are turning out to be mildly competent for a change.

One option is to try reverting to an older version of the game, if that's possible.

Comment

Well poo... Thanks for the replies Chromatix.

Comment

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

I find this site very useful for requirements for games and testing systems.
            Chromatix is probably right but just in case you can take a look here.
            Last edited by gremcint; 10-21-2013, 04:17 AM.
            Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
            Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

That is a awesome site and something I bookmarked. It turns out a lot of other gems I've had problems with...I fail on too. Blexh

Comment

Well I have something to run minecraft on...oh gods I feel like such a newb now.

Comment

This is one reason I kind of like just running Minecrack on my Xbox 360. Sure, the worlds are a set size, so you don't have nigh-infinite worlds in which to do your crafting, but you don't have to worry about your hardware suddenly not being able to run it.

I have played MC on my laptop, but it will only run for about 30 min tops before it crashes due to lack of memory. Or 20 min tops if I'm running Teknic (sp?) or Galacticraft.

My current 360 project is to try to make a giant, map-spanning death-trap/maze/obstacle course (inspired by the Achievement Hunter Let's Plays). With the entire map enclosed in a giant obsidian wall. I plan to call it THA DOOOOOOM CUBE. (Or something like that.)

It's just going to take a LONG time to finish.
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                  X