This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win 8

Anyone know why I can set the screen saver to not come on for say a hour cause I'm watching a movie and if I don't touch the mouse every five minuets or so my computer will go into hibernate or sleep mode? Constantly skips the screen saver settings.

Assuming it works similarly to Win7 in that respect, it's a completely separate option. Go into Control Panel and look for Power Options or something similarly-named. Choose to customize the settings and either disable Hibernate/Sleep or increase their delay significantly.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I dumped Win 8 long ago, but a quick check on microsofts website brought up this

Microsoft way

Open Personalization by pointing to the upper-right corner of the screen, and then click Search, entering Personalization in the search box, click Settings, and then click Personalization. Select the theme you are using and set the screensaver time in there.

Or

Simple ways

Search for "Screensaver" in Windows 8 Start menu. Select the "Settings" option. Click where it says "Change screen saver" in the top left corner of the screen.

Or

Right-click your desktop and choose Personalize to open the Personalization window. Then select the Screen Saver link from the window’s bottom-right corner.

Comment

Supposedly I have the screen saver on. I'll look and see if there is a power setting somewhere.

Comment

Working...
        X