Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an egg sensitivity. I can't have more than 2 in a weeks time.

Comment

Quoth Thana View Post
      Don't know what it is with pineapple, but any time I eat it, my lips, roof of my mouth and tongue all itch like mad. That's a new development and I'm not too keen on seeing if it's just an intolerance or possible allergy, so I stay away from pineapple.
      Does this happen with canned pineapple, or only fresh pineapple? Also, does it happen with mangoes as well? The reason I ask is that (most of the time) proteins are allergy triggers. Ever read the instructions on jelly powder saying that you can add fruit (other than fresh pineapple) before it sets? That's because fresh pineapple contains enzymes (a.k.a. proteins) that break down gelatin, but they're destroyed by the heat of canning. Mangoes contain the same enzymes.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Someone else who can't do pineapple! Never seen anyone else having that problem. I'm allergic to pineapple, mango, lychee, fish and lactose intolerant. Makes it very interesting to eat out. I have to be careful grocery shopping too, most fruit juices are right out, as they have pineapple juice in them, a lot of Omega 3 enriched foods have fish oil in them. I have to read ingredient labels closely. At least with dairy I can take my lactaid and still have small amounts. Which is good, I think I'd kill if I couldn't have cheese anymore.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
          Does this happen with canned pineapple, or only fresh pineapple? Also, does it happen with mangoes as well? The reason I ask is that (most of the time) proteins are allergy triggers. Ever read the instructions on jelly powder saying that you can add fruit (other than fresh pineapple) before it sets? That's because fresh pineapple contains enzymes (a.k.a. proteins) that break down gelatin, but they're destroyed by the heat of canning. Mangoes contain the same enzymes.
          Only fresh pineapple. Dunno if it happens with mango. I don't ever recall it happening with mango..then again this only popped up with the pineapple within the last year. Fresh mango is hard to get in Michigan but since they can cut up fresh pineapple, it's usually easier to get. I'll have to watch out for that since I also enjoy mango. Drat.

Comment

Check out Meijer's for fresh mango. It's usually paired with blueberries.

Comment

Ok, :deep breath: here goes:

Absolutely cannot have:

Any sugar cane product. Yes, I eat at home a lot.
              Any food coloring.
              Pork.

Very bad idea:

pinto beans
              red beans
              any meat except for fish and shellfish (fun times as I tend to get anemic very easily. leafy greens, ftw!)
              artificial sweeteners (yes, I've tried them all)

Shouldn't eat a lot of to keep my stomach happy:

black beans
              tomatoes (I fail at restricting this)
              broccoli
              eggs (I fail again)
              dairy
              alcohol (The yeast used in production is bad news for me, while baker's yeast is fine. Since I have one drink every few weeks, I didn't change anything here.)

I'm very grateful to have found a nearby Chinese place that delivers and has knowledgeable staff that can tell me which dishes can be ordered without sugar in the sauce. They've even made a non-spicy dish spicy for me since the spicy one I actually wanted had a pre-made sauce.
              The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

Preservatives 200-202 result in an instant migraine, and 220-222 also end badly, though I have to eat more of it. My gluten intake also is restricted, and dairy, though that is mainly because the preservatives are present in them.

Comment

lactose intolerance- it seems to be an amount thing. I can drink about 2 cup worth without any bad side effects.

kiwi- the juice makes me nauseous, and the fruit gives me massive stomach cramps

camomile tea - gives a slight wheeze and an annoying itchy spot between the shoulder blades (that spot where you can't reach no matter how hard you contort yourself.)

mainly boiled eggs when my allergies are acting up will cause a very slight thickening of the throat (nowhere near affecting breathing) with is halted by liquid antihistamine.

Comment

I went to a party at a friend's house tonight. I had three burger patties (2 beef and 1 chicken), with cheese on the beef patties. No lettuce, no onions, no tomatoes, and definitely no ketchup, mustard or relish!

I also ate some pierogies, egg noodles and chicken strips.

Then came the cake. Although I can't have too much chocolate, I did get a big slice, though it WAS smaller than what the others got.
                    cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

When I was younger I couldn't eat mustard of any kind because it would cause some kind of allergic reaction and now I can have it no problem, also I can't eat hot/spicy foods or I'll get sick. It's weird a couple people on my moms side of the family are the same way, my moms aunt Jannet, my uncle Paul, and my cousins Paul jr., Tommy, and Stephen.
                      ......../\
                      ....../__\
                      ..../\...../\
                      ../__\../__\

Comment

I don't have any foods that I canNOT eat, but fried doughnuts really do a number on my GERD, so I indulge very rarely.

What I really have problems with is that I'm allergic to most of the common antibiotics: sulfa, Keflex, amoxicicillin, and Clindimycin. I'm afraid to try most others for "routine" infections, as I'd rather keep them as back up for if/when I get a REALLY bad infection. I'll just suffer through the little stuff.
                        Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Update: Got a hold of a mango! Mixed result. Corner of my mouth and the roof of my mouth were faintly itchy. Then again I like my mangoes when they're mostly ripe...gives enough to indicate ripeness at the top/the middle but towards the end it's more firm. >.> I'm that weird kid in the family that likes eating the unripe mangoes.

So I know pineapple itches, mango faintly itches...my luck mango will start making me more itchy if I eat more of it. Darn delicious fruits making me itchy!

Comment

For me:
                            - Chai latte (my lips start to swell and my throat gets itchy)
                            - Beef and lamb more than twice in a week (sets off my IBS)
                            - Weetbix, unless I want reflux while being stuck on the toilet for a while.
                            - Too much fat makes me feel sick.
                            - Eating too often from the Solanum family makes my joint pain worse
                            - Pickled Red Cabbage (Delicious doooom)

For the kids:
                            - Preservative 200 gives Bubbles hives and makes her slightly wheezy.
                            - Bananas give Remy hives and facial eczema.
                            Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

I'm diabetic, so no starch (potatos, bread products, rice), no refined sugar, moderation in fruits, no ice cream, etc.

Comment

There aren't many fountain drinks that I can have. Lots of bottled juices, though.

Thank goodness Coca-Cola freestyle can carry Minute Maid products!
                                cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Working...
                                X