X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

</bad french accent on>
    Ah, the thread, she calls to me...
    </bad french accent off>

Enough with the video games, though I do love them. I think the thread starter was talking more about tabletop and pen-and-paper RPGs. I'm currently playing in the following campaigns: D&D 3.5 modified Spelljammer, Mekton Zeta, Mekton Zeta mixed with Crimson Skies; Teenagers From Outer Space; DC Heroes; Star Wars D6; Fading Suns

I'm also currently running a Mekton Zeta mixed with Silent Death campaign.

There is also the occasional games of Tales From the Floating Vagabond, Injurious Games, Call of Cthulu or Munchkin Super-blender (we have all the sets, and are not afraid to use them) thrown in. These are more one-nighter type of games though

I have also played D&D (the origional red book. I got your THAC0, monkey-boy), all versions of AD&D, Marvel Super heroes (origional [yay!] and Saga [blech]), Deadleands, 7th Sea (All GMs should read the GMs guide for this. Wick is a genious. Improved my gaming style an untold amount), Legend of the Five Rings, Cyberpunk 2 & 3, a Vampire LARP, and whole shelves of D20 material.

For those who care, Video game wise, I'm currently playing Brave Storey, Dungeon Maker, Guitar Hero 2 (360 version, as Ogredjinn. Feel free to say Hi), Tenchu Z, WoW, and LOTR online.

So yah....if you're in the Dayton, OH area and need a game, I can get you into one, more than likely. Send me a PM and we can work it out.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Ah, Munchkin... now theres a game. Call of Cthulu is also awesome, especially if you go into it with the sure knowledge that you will at some point be killed in a rather impressive way. I got eaten by a creature made completely from eyes that was powering a generator. After becoming schizophrenic.

Has anyone played Castle Falkenstein?

Dragonlover
      You have no idea how many ponchos can fit in a box- Me, after may first day at the warehouse

Comment

Call of Cthulu is also awesome
        All COC the only game where if your character doesnt get eaten or driven mad then you've done something wrong!!!!!

Comment

Used to play Warhammer 40K. Waaaay back when I was a wee one. Had a small army of Elder. Even had the awsome Harlequin pack with Web guns. I was hated for having them.

Then I kinda got out of it when my partner in crime moved away. A few years back I ran into a hobby store that had the miniatures and I convinced a co-worker of mine to go in on a starter set with me. The Space Marine/Dark Eldar set. Yeah, of course, I wanted those bad ass Dark Eldar. So, I got the set, picked up a few additions for my army, painted both armies while sitting at work, and then the lil punk got fired for stealing. So, there I sat with 2 armies, and no one to play with.

It's a cruel world.
          "The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off due to budget cuts." - Steven Wright

Comment

Quoth NightWolf View Post
            Used to play Warhammer 40K. Waaaay back when I was a wee one...
            Gotcha beat! I used to play WarHammer waaayyyy back before there was a 40K!

"I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
            HellGate: London

Comment

So many games, so little time.

My first system was the NES when I was 8. Since "girl" games were crap back then (Barbie was about it), I got skilled in the Marios, Zeldas, Mega Mans and several great titles like Metroid (Samus is still one of my favorite characters. I like a woman who can kick ass and use heavy artillery). I got hooked on my first RPG, Dragon Warrior, when I saw the babysitter's son playing it one day. It intrigued me, this idea that there was more to gaming that crushing turtles and "platforming."

The SNES is probably still my favorite system. Sure, lots of great things came afterwards (I love my Wii, don't get me wrong), but the Super Nintendo represents a golden era of RPGs. Final Fantasy IV/VI, Secret of Mana, Ogre Battle, Zelda: Link to the Past, Soulblazer, Illusion of Gaia, Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, and one of the greatest games of all time: Chrono Trigger.

I don't play many computer games anymore (because most of them want a subscription and I won't do it. I already bought the game, I'm not about to pay you just to play something I already own). I used to be hooked on Diablo II (Sorceress all the way), Age of Empires, Jedi Knight, and the Sims.
              "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

I play D&D 3.5. I mainly play it because: 1. It's easier to figure out for a gamer who hadn't gamed in years and THAC0 really confuzzied the heck out of me! 2. I play Living Greyhawk & Living Eberron and because WoTC sponsors the RPGA (RolePlaying Gamers Association), we have to use the latest, most-up-to-date versions of D&D.

Right now I'm in a home campaign of Eberron. Hubby is running it.

I've played Vampire/Werewolf (it was a gurped version of the game - 4 players, 3 wanted to play Vampire and 1 wanted to play Werewolf - that was fun!)

I have never played Call of Cthulu Husband won't let me. I have no clue, but every time I say I want to play, he vetoes it. Someday, when I'm old enough I can play I guess.

I have played Spycraft 1.0. (Living Spycraft, no home campaign). I haven't played Spycraft 2.0, but I think hubby will be playing the Live version at Gen*Con.

Otherwise, I like playing simple computer games (i.e., Solitaire - yay!)

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
                  and <b>the</b> greatest game of all time: Chrono Trigger.
                  Fixed for you.
                  Military Spouse Support.
                  http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                  Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Currently playing:

EQ2 ( Need my online rpg fix )
                    Caesar 4 ( Need my sim fix. )
                    Just finished up KOTOR again.....waiting for the KOTOR2 fan project to restore all the stuff Obsidian never finished before I dive into it though. ( Need my normal rpg fix )
                    Obsidian made a complete mess of NWN2 as well. That was a huge disappointment. =/
                    BF 2142 ( Need my shoot people fix. )

Oh, and I just beat Ouendan 2 on 4 star. I have now successfully beaten/S-ranked 4 star girlie mode on Ouendan, Elite Beat Agents and Ouendan 2. I am full of rhythmic awesome. ^^

AFter EBA though, if I ever meet anyone from the Rolling Stones I'll likely punch them in the face. ><

Comment

Great, now I wanna play KOTOR, since I've been watching Star Wars, but I can't find my disk.
                      Final Fantasy: Love the series. I'm just a nerd when it comes to it. My closest friends were gonna get 16 bit tattoos of the character type that fit us the most.
                      Fire Emblem: Favorite tactics game
                      Used to play WoW, but I lost interest after awhile.
                      I used to play the Call of Cthulhu videogame, but it was my ex's and we're not exactly on speaking terms. (I WANT THAT GAME!!!!!)
                      Still, none of the new games can hold a candle to the old Sega Gen. games. Sonic FTW! I even own the comic books
                      It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
                      ~~~H.L. Mencken

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
                        Samus is still one of my favorite characters. I like a woman who can kick ass and use heavy artillery).
                        Have you seen her in Smash brothers Brawl? I wish people luck dodging her Zero Cannon. To bad it trashes her armor.

As for me, oh crap, where do I begin? Meh, I'll just say what I'm Playing now and what my faves are. At current, I'm Playing C&C3 and City of Heroes/Villains. (lvl21 scrapper on justice and lvl18 stalker on virtue) FF10 and 10-2 for my PS2, and the umpteenth run on Xenogears for PSX as well as Super Paper Mario on the Wii.

Fave games:

Xenogears: I have yet to be bored of it, mainly due to try and figure out the story. If you can figure it out in one play through, my congrats to you.

CastleVania, Symphony of the Night: The best CastleVania game to date. Imitated on GBA/DS, Imutated on PS2, still better than any I've seen.

Kingdom Hearts series: heck, the final boss fight in KH2 alone puts it up there.

Legacy of Kain series (with the exception of Blood omen 2) not the best gameplay, but an awesome story and the best voice acting ever.

Mech 4, Mercenaries: My mayhem game. To play when I want to blow stuff up.
                        I AM the evil bastard!
                        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I used to do the tabletop games til I moved and lost my group. AD&D 2nd Edition for the win. GURPS and Rifts were close second.

Today, I play games on my kickass pc. I downloaded Bloodrayne last week and I have Bloodrayne 2 waiting for me as well (the beauty of Gametap). I've been playing EQ1 since January of 2000 and have a 75th level necro. I tried wow but found it to be too cartoon like and the players all seemed like children.

I recently finished Psychonauts. The fiancée finished Restaurant Empire a couple weeks ago. Games are a constant here. I just picked up the Civ4 expansion and I'm looking forward to some of that tonight or this weekend.
                          Bears are bad. If an animal is going to be mean it should look so, like sharks and alligators. - Mark Healey

Comment

My gaming addiction started when I was 12, with the Atari 2600. First game? The Space Invaders packed in with the system, of course.

It's just grown from there - a ColecoVision, then I discovered PC gaming first with the Commodore 64's at school, an Apple IIe Plus, then a Commodore Amiga 1000 (both bought to do schoolwork, hah!). Went back to consoles with a Sega Genesis w/ CD & 32X adapters, then a NES, SNES, Nintendo 64, 3DO, Sega Saturn, & Sega Dreamcast.

I had to buy my wife a computer to do work at home, so I discovered Windows PC gaming with Doom. In fact, if it wasn't the fact I'd gotten back into PC gaming, I wouldn't have started first making the current machine better, then building my first of 13 machines, and not had the urge to be a tech.

Nowadays, I still do console and PC gaming - stats on my PC can be seen in the tricked out PC thread, and I have had a PS2 for about a year now. I'm a platform gamer mostly on the PS2, and I really like my shooters on the PC.

Now, I'm getting ready for the new baby and school in the Fall, so gaming's taken a back seat right now. Not to say I don't still play - I just finished Flatout on the PC (got hooked on the Flatout 2 demo), and I'm halfway through Jak and Daxter on the PS2.

Comment

:Stoked about RE: Extinction:

Of course, I can't let a gaming thread go by without mentioning Resident Evil since it IS my favorite game of all time.

Has anyone else ever played Eternal Darkness on the Cube? That's a really enjoyable survival horror game also.

Quoth RichS View Post
                              My gaming addiction started when I was 12, with the Atari 2600. First game? The Space Invaders packed in with the system, of course.
                              My first game system was Pong. I was an only child so I played against myself- a controller for each hand.

I just want a regular old XBOX right now. All my XBOX games are sitting on the shelf staring at me... they want to be played...
                              "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                              HellGate: London

Comment

I'm saving to get a 360 so I can play GTA IV and Assassin's Creed. I just picked up God of War II and I have to say it's as great as the first. And yes I am a little behind the game times for GOW.
                                The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Working...
                                X