This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Saydrah View Post
    Let me know as breaking his kneecaps develops.
    Thought I'd edit a little something from this side of the pond.

Rapscallion

Comment

Big Boy isn't such a Big Boy if he has to hit girls to get his point across. Pussy.

Let me at him.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Jester:

Tell TD she's doing a good job. Over a year ago I was almost choked to unconsciousness by a "friend". And before that ..years ago...was in a domestic violence.

Its not fun, hell no, not easy, hell no, but when you come out knowing YOU DID THE RIGHT THING AND THEY'RE IN THE CAN.. it feels very good.

Pictures w/ time, date, location. Doctor visit should also take pictures -and you'll get a doctor's comments along w/ the pics. Make sure she knows about restraining orders, going to court, pressing charges ...all of it. It's long and drawn out process, never gets done fast enough IMO.

Night after I was choked I was in shock. Took me almost 3 days to come back out of it and start FEELING things. Irrational, crying, upset, why me, may be included.

Does she have a place to stay? Cell phone w/ names/numbers? Does boss know about restraining order/ trespass? Got the police report file number and a cop's phone number with her at all times? Copy of restraining order?

Good luck..

Cutenoob
        In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
        She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
          Big Boy isn't such a Big Boy if he has to hit girls to get his point across. Pussy.

Let me at him.
          He's not good enough to have a pussy. Finals will be over soon so I've no motive and I do enjoy a good beating... I mean justice.
          How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

I know I'm a little late, but Bravo and Huzzah to Tiny Dancer for getting the cops involved with this.

Give us an update ASAP. I want to know if her injuries have definitely been documented and if she's okies physically & mentally and if Big Boy has definitely been arrested yet.

Comment

Okay, got the recipe.

about 1/3 cup of habanero juice
              1/2 cup of lemon juice
              1 cup of water boiled with one teaspoon of cayenne pepper

Stir the two juices into the water and pepper, then boil them together for five minutes. Then pour them through a strainer into a cup of vinegar-the more acidic, the better-and stir. Keep in a small metal bottle that you can easily carry and that preferably has both squirt and mist functions. Squirt is preferable in most cases, but a heavy mist has it's moments. Try to stay downwind, heh heh.
              "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Quoth Crazeyal View Post
                Oy.. Sometimes Bureaucracy makes some baaaaad mojo. I hope the idiots responsible for that foulup are disciplined.
                Nah....the cops involved were just doing their job, from what I heard. Something about jurisdictional whatever whatever. Hey, as long as the dude is bagged and tagged, I have no beef with our local Blue Boys.

Quoth XCashier View Post
                I hope TD has someplace safe to stay, someplace BB can't get to.
                She does. Without going into details, her current locale might as well be Ft. Knox as far as BB is concerned....if he ever even thought to look for her there.

No more updates at this time....leaving shortly to drive TD to the doc, and then to the appropriate gov't building for the restraining order. Will keep y'all posted.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Good to hear its going right for her, also nice to hear Jester is looking out for her.
                  A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Okay, here is what happened with the foulup when BB was cuffed but then released.

The officers who found BB were not the officers who took TD's report, so did not realize the severity of the situation, or the extent of TD's injuries. They probably assumed that it was "just another domestic violence thing." Now, before anyone jumps on the cops or me for that, remember, the police deal with a lot of domestic violence calls that are mutual spats, minor scrapes, couples arguing, etc. A good portion of these calls are, when it comes down to it, not that serious. That being said, generally speaking when the cops are aware of a serious domestic violence situation, such as the current one, they tend to go out of their way to put things right.

And our local boys are doing just that. The detective in charge of TD's case called her to explain the foulup, and to tell her that they would be seeking a warrant today from the judge, and then serving the warrant on BB ASAP. He also said that part of the problem was the delay in reporting the incident--she reported it the day after, so it was not an ongoing situation, as it were. TD could not report it sooner, as she was with BB up until he dropped her off for work, and she couldn't get away from him before then. Upon being dropped off she immediately went about contacting the authorities. The detective also said that if the officers who had found BB had known of the extent of TD's injuries, they never would have let him go.

So really no one is at fault here that I can see, other than BB and an honest mistake by the officers who initially found BB.

TD is currently at the doctor's office, where I dropped her off under my own version of armed security--my Louisville Slugger in my hand--which no one in the office questioned much when TD took off her sunglasses. (Hopefully they didn't think *I* did that to her! )

I am doing some prep work for a bartending contest I am in later this afternoon, and will be picking up TD when she is done at the doc's. After that, another friend, RM, will be taking TD to the appropriate place for filing a restraining order. I would do that, as well, but I do have the contest, and TD and RM understand that. If it were a choice between the contest or TD, I would withdraw from the contest, of course, but the fact is TD is still getting to the place she needs to go. So all is well.....for the moment.

More as it happens.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Well thats good that she is being taken care of. Keep up the good work.

Figured it was some sort of paperwork issue. Most officers I know when its something seriously bad domestic like that they umm accidentally drop or step on the guy a few times getting him in the car. You know little accidental stuff....But yeah sad to say the domestic call is one of the more common and unpleasant ones an officer faces.

Comment

Wow.

I am by no means a model guy, but I would never lay a hand on a woman. Well, unless it was self-defense, but that's a whole other situation altogether.

I'm glad she did what very few people seem willing to do, and actually pressed charges against his worthless ass. Hopefully he meets with an even bigger guy who doesn't think much of guys who beat up women.
                        Sometimes life is altered.
                        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                        Uneasy with confrontation.
                        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I'm glad she has people to "circle the wagons" around her. Here they offer free counseling when you get a restraining order - hopefully she is offered this and takes them up on it even if she thinks she doesn't need it.
                          I suggest (from experience) that she read her restraining order very carefully to make sure she doesn't violate it herself (ex. inviting him in to talk if he isn't being a douche) and what exactly she has to do if he walks into a public space that she is in (ex. a bar - she might have leave and if she doesn't that might violate the order). Is she going to also add his friend's names since his threat implyed they would also be a danger?

Good luck on the contest!

Comment

If you need another spot to send some pieces, Tennessee has some feral dogs, and I some sharpened tanto and katana =p

Comment

Good news:

After a go-round at the doc's and the local hospital (for some x-rays they couldn't do at the doc's), TD has discovered that she has no internal injuries and no broken bones. Not sure if she has a concussion or not--forgot to ask. (I was in the middle of the bartending contest when I got this news, so my mind was otherwise focused.)

Bad news:

No warrant. No arrest. No idea why. TD will find out more when she talks to the detective tomorrow.

She is still planning on filing a restraining order, and pressing charges of the local judicial system won't, but we were hoping (and still are) that they would file charges against him not only for assault and battery, but perhaps even attempted murder as well. The bruises on her neck that look amazingly like finger marks were the reasons we were hoping they would go for the more serious charges.

I doubt she could get a restraining order against his friends, for various reasons, but I don't think they are really an issue. He is the issue. He talks a big game about his friends, but we really doubt they are flying down here for something like this. In addition to various legal points, it would be hard to get a restraining order against "his friends" with no names.

If in the end the judicial system fails TD, she has already decided she is going to have to relocate. This is too small a town for her to ever feel safe and as if she doesn't have to be constantly looking over her shoulder if he is roaming about free and clear. Yes, that sucks, but if the legal system fails, I don't think she really has much of a choice there. Hopefully, though, this current setback is just a temporary one, and the wheels of justice are merely moving slowly, not grinding to a halt.

The medical stuff took a while today....tomorrow we are forging ahead with the legal stuff, as she will be in contact with the detective in charge of her case to (hopefully) find out more, and I will be taking her to the appropriate government office to file the restraining order and take care of anything else she needs to take care of. Ironically, I have yet another contest tomorrow, though this is a cookoff, not a bartending contest.....so I am hoping to wrap things up early in the day with her. (Hey, what can I say? I love competition, and I love creating things.) Naturally, though, she is my first priority tomorrow.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Whoa, no warrant, no arrest? In a case like this?

I feel like someone, somewhere, is losing their job over this. Very soon. And potentially a lot of money, as well.

Also, though I hate to join the masses of people offering opinions for very severe circumstances, I might recommend you hire or otherwise engage a bodyguard for TD, even if it's just a friend with a baseball bat and a short temper. Big Boy probably won't do anything stupid, since it'd just land him in the slammer, but with the limited mental faculties he's demonstrated recently, coming after TD might strike him as a wonderful idea, if he finds out where she is.

Also, regarding MadMike's comment, women-beaters and murderers of women and children are about at the bottom of the prison rape-ladder. If Big Boy does Federal time, he'll want to hide a bottle of lube in his Bible, if he even owns one. God knows (pun intended) he's not reading it.
                                "I'm not a crazed gunman, dad, I'm an assassin... Well, the difference being one is a job and the other's mental sickness!" -The Sniper

Comment

Working...
                                X