Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bodyguard with a baseball bat? Why, that would be Jester's Chaufferial Services.

But hiring an actual bodyguard would be beyond the resources of TD or her friends, and really not feasible. If nothing comes of this, TD will simply relocate. Because, whether or not BB would come after her, she believes he will, and does not feel like she can live her life peering over her shoulder every day.

We still don't know why there is no warrant or arrest. We are hoping that there is simply no warrant or arrest yet. We will, as I said, hopefully find out more tomorrow when TD talks to the detective in charge of her case.

As for BB and jail, he would not serve any time he received in federal prison, as this is not a federal crime, and is being treated (appropriately) on the local level.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Valid point with the federal crime = federal time note. I should've thought about that more.

But even if hiring a bodyguard is beyond the reach of TD and her friends, I suppose Jester's Chauffeurial Services and other similar, uh, entities would come in handy. if only for transportation. I personally (though I don't know BB so can't be sure) wouldn't expect anyone in his situation to make things worse by coming after TD, but if it were one of my friends, I don't know if I'd be able to sleep without knowing if they're all right. I don't usually worry, but when it comes to friends' welfare I make exceptions.

I expect the detective's perspective will lend some clarity to the situation, though I don't see how BB hasn't been arrested in the case, or how he's not being tried with aggravated assault and battery, if not attempted murder. However it came about, I feel like someone or something is messed up here.

I can understand why TD wouldn't want to live her life in fear, and for her sake I hope BB does the time to fit his crime.

Good luck with the whole incident, and good luck with your cook-off! I see a thread you've started about your first vodka contest or something along those lines, so I'll have to read that to find out how your bartending competition went.

All the best, as always. I'll probably disappear off the CS.com grid for a few days since I have a lot of work to catch up in multiple classes and finals start next week. [INSERT DEITY HERE] willing I'll have a break sometime soon to check back, but if not then until later.
      "I'm not a crazed gunman, dad, I'm an assassin... Well, the difference being one is a job and the other's mental sickness!" -The Sniper

Comment

Quoth MMATM View Post
        But even if hiring a bodyguard is beyond the reach of TD and her friends, I suppose Jester's Chauffeurial Services and other similar, uh, entities would come in handy. if only for transportation.
        For the moment, yes. But one can only live like that for so long. Her friends can't ALWAYS be around, and such a situation is not fair to TD or her friends. Eventually, she has to resume a normal life.

Quoth MMATM View Post
        I personally (though I don't know BB so can't be sure) wouldn't expect anyone in his situation to make things worse by coming after TD...
        I fully expect that he will come after her, if given the chance, since she defied him and went to the cops, which he specifically told her not to do. He may believe that "silencing" her will end his problems, or at the very least he may want to "teach her a lesson," a more severe one this time, that he thinks will be harsh enough where she will be too scared to go to the cops. If the cops end up not arresting/charging him, he may think that she will believe that the cops won't do anything about future beatings. She may actually believe that, and it may actually be correct.

Again, too early to tell what is going on and where this is going. But she does not want to live her life in this small town always looking over her shoulder, nor does anything think she should. If he does not go to jail or leave town, she will relocate. I am rarely one to advise running from a situation, but in this case, I believe that would be the correct thing to do. It sucks, of course, and is unfair to TD (she's been here even longer than I have), but life often sucks and is unfair. And Key West is not the only place in the world, despite what some people think (including me at times).

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          I fully expect that he will come after her, if given the chance, since she defied him and went to the cops, which he specifically told her not to do.

<snip> If the cops end up not arresting/charging him, he may think that she will believe that the cops won't do anything about future beatings. She may actually believe that, and it may actually be correct.

Part one

Domestic Abuse is about control, he will only go after her if he beleives that by doing so will exert further control over her. By the sounds of things that may be likely.

Part two

I dont often critisise the Police but, if they don't arrest/charge for this offence, sue. They would have been negligent as an assault has been reported (and as long as the IP* has given statements/evidence and is willing to go to court) they are duty bound to follow it through.

*IP = Injured Party, sounds a bit nicer than victim and is more appropriate in some cases.
          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

She is both an injured party AND a victim. One look at the results of this guy's "handiwork" leaves one with no doubt about that.

As for the law...if the police, for whatever reason, end up not following this up, TD will look into going to the appropriate authorities and filing charges herself. I believe that this is the correct course to take....but only if and after the police decide to drop it. TD is trying to go through all the appropriate channels and do this right, so that BB goes AWAY.

I am hoping the police really do do something....I don't want any of TD's friends to go to jail for murder. (Ironic that the police would probably pursue THAT, don't ya think?)

Still A Customer."

Comment

Jester, don't misunderstand this, as I do admire you for what you are doing for her and believe that you are doing the right thing. A lot of women can't escape because they have no help.

But please be careful. You have a target on yourself as well. Please do not forget that.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                But please be careful. You have a target on yourself as well. Please do not forget that.
                Bring it.

Seriously, I know I am not a big guy, and I know this guy could squash me like a grape. But fucking bring it. You don't fuck with Jester, and you don't fuck with Jester's friends. I have made myself her chauffeur/bodyguard lately, knowing full well the dangers inherent in it. In this kind of situation, I would help out just about anyone, often even people I might not like all that much....but maybe not to the extent I have this time. For TD, a friend I have known just about since I hit The Rock, I WILL go the extra distance. Life is full of danger, and I have never been known to shy away from it, and absolutely will NOT run from it if my friends are concerned or themselves in danger. Don't get me wrong, I am not seeking BB out or anything, as tempting as that is (I HAVE been itching for a fight lately, after all), but I don't want to damage TD's case against him by doing something reckless and stupid. And also, I'll be DAMNED if I am going to shirk my duties as a friend or violate my own moral compass because this guy may take a shot at me. I know not everyone could do that, and I don't respect them any less for it. But I personally could not DO any less than I have. So, if I am now a target, fine. The record of people fucking with Jester and coming out unscathed is not a very good one.

Bring it.

Latest news:
                Still no warrant. The detective in charge of the case has had the last couple of days off. He did tell her he would make sure it happened, and for the moment we are giving 5-0 the benefit of the doubt. We'll know more tomorrow.

Took TD out on errands today. She got a new phone, one he does not (and hopefully will not) have the number to. (Her old one is in his name, so this is practical anyway.) She also filed the papers for a restraining order against him. Just got a text from her as I was typing this post that the RO has been approved. It will probably be served today or tomorrow.

TD is picking up a copy of the medical report from the doc tomorrow, to buttress her case. If the PD does not act or get the warrant, TD will then go to the state attorney's office and attempt to file charges herself, or see what is entailed in that. She is seeing this through, thank goodness, and I am very proud of her. She is not doing what most people would think that many women would do, either hiding her head in the sand and wishing it would all go away, or answering his text messages and letting him talk his way back in. She knows (and I told her) that if she DID get back with BB, the next time this happened, people and the police would be very unlikely to help her. She is not, however, buckling. She's still a fighter, thank goodness. She is also discovering how many friends she has, as the wagons have been circled, and this guy is going to have to deal with more than just me if he thinks he is getting near her.

More news as it happens.

By the way, I HAVE told TD about my posting here, and she is amused about all the offers from people on here about ways to "dispose" of BB. She appreciates your moral support, folks, even though she doesn't know y'all. She actually finds it amusing that I posted it, and that the response has been so overwhelmingly positive.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Well, you tell TD that both you AND SHE are my heroes.

That's how you tell a hero from a coward, folks. You can tell by the direction they run.

Comment

I must admit to not having pigs that need feeding
                    ludo ergo sum

Comment

Want to go halves on some?

Rapscallion

Comment

Half pigs don't eat, unless they're zombiw pigs. Which'ds be no good cause they'd only want the brains.
                        ludo ergo sum

Comment

I dressed up as Hannibal Lecter for FUN.

I don't need no stinkin' pigs!

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                            Bring it.

Seriously, I know I am not a big guy, and I know this guy could squash me like a grape. But fucking bring it.
                            And he most likely won't. Most guys who pick on women do so because they're too chickenshit to tangle with another guy, even if that guy is half his size.

I had a friend who, like yours, was in an abusive relationship. It used to get me so angry when she'd be crying on my shoulder about him the one day, and then going back with him the next. And naturally, I hated that S.O.B., but he was always trying to get on my good side. For people like him, I have no good side.

One night, my roommate invited me along to a party that he knew about, knowing that my friend would be there, but not knowing that her boyfriend would also be there. And apparently, I told him off, but don't remember doing it. What I do remember is him confronting me, asking me why I don't like him, and then things got kind of fuzzy. Next thing I remember was him threatening to "fuck me up", and then walking away. This was a big guy, and at the time I weighed 145 soaking wet, and he was too chickenshit to lay a hand on me.
                            Sometimes life is altered.
                            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                            Uneasy with confrontation.
                            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth rvdammit View Post
                              I must admit to not having pigs that need feeding
                              BB would probably make the pigs sick anyway. But I understand that Florida has a lot of alligators...

Thank you for keeping us updated, Jester, and thank you for being a good friend to TD and a good human being. The world needs more people like you.
                              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                              My LiveJournal
                              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                                And he most likely won't. Most guys who pick on women do so because they're too chickenshit to tangle with another guy, even if that guy is half his size.
                                In most instances, I would agree with you. In this one, I wouldn't wager on that. BB has a history of violence, and not just against women. I won't go into the few details I know, but let's just say I am not "stepping into danger" not expecting there to be any. BB is a dangerous and violent person, and his rap sheet was not earned simply by pushing around his girlfriends. I have no doubt that if he felt it was necessary or justifiable, he would take a swing at me, or whoever TD happened to be with that day.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                                X