This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Jester View Post

Hope you don't take this the wrong way, but I don't see it as at all positive. A good, longtime friend is dead, and the man who is, one way or another, responsible for her death, and who without question treated her horribly in life, is still walking around free, breathing air and living his life. TD deserved better. This is not a positive. Sorry, but no.

Sorry, I didn't exactly mean positive like that. I meant you were able to pull off a great benefit in her honor.

I know that's no consolation for her death. I apologize for it coming across that way.

I can't even begin to know what it feels like to lose someone close to you to death. I'm 30 years old and have never had to go through it. I've been through a divorce, but that's kind of different.

So, I commend you for keeping your head together enough to go through with something like you did. I don't think I could have done it.

Comment

• Quoth Jester View Post
      Rayven, if I thought I could get away with it without ending up in jail, trust me, BB would already be getting picked up by the cops in multiple body bags.
      Well, you still have commendable restraint as I in your same position would reduce him to offal regardless of the consequences.

I hope he gets served justice, either lawful or cosmic/karma.
      I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

• Rayven, it's easy to say that, it really is. Even easy to think that. But would you REALLY risk going to jail for the rest of your life or (in Florida, anyway) even the death penalty? Think about it before you answer.

Now think about this: if you had a friend like TD, do you think they would WANT you to throw away your life on a scumsucker like BB? I know TD would smack me upside the head for it, and then give me a lecture. Stubborn wench. What would your friends do to you for it?

The consequences would be far greater than the small reward I would get, and if you think about it, I think you'll agree.

And forget personal conveniences....think about other people. How many good things could you do for other people if you were in prison? Right....far less than if you weren't. The idea is to make things better, not worse. People like us who care what happens to people like BB need to rise above our more base emotions and do things to improve the community, so people like BB have less options. Going to prison would accomplish very little.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

• Jester, I read through this the other night (after you linked it in the other thread) and even though I knew where it was headed, it felt so sickening when I got to that one update. I can't even begin to imagine what that must have been like to live through.

This is one type of situation where I have found that being deeply and unshakably religious is actually quite comforting. Because I know, deep down, that no matter what he might get away with on Earth, there is no way BB will have anything pleasant to look forward to after.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

• Like Andara, I just found this thread off a link from the other thread.

Jester, I know it's cold comfort, but just remember that Karma, being the bitch that she is, will eventually get that fuckwit....and in a spectacular way.

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
            I just found this thread (don't venture here often enough) and I may owe you an apology, because I've already hexed the fucker. (With proper qualifications to keep anything coming back on me). The more attention he seeks, the less he will recieve. The more he makes things about him, the less he will matter to others.....etc.
            Acutally, binding someone (especially to the Tree of Life with dragons to hold them, which I have done on a couple of occasions) works much better.
            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

• Zap, Pagan, I appreciate the thoughts, really I do. But as much as I approve of hexes and bindings and spells, I would be far happier if someone would just take a fucking baseball bat to his melon.

I know, I know, CS.com does not condone violence. I get it. I am not saying *I* am going to take batting practice on him. But that doesn't mean I can't wish that someone ELSE would.

Nothing in the rules here say we can't WISH for violence to happen to fuckwits and sphincter suckers.

Still A Customer."

Comment

• Oh, no, I'm wishing that, too. That's basically what we're doing....wishing. Putting it out to the universe in the hopes that someone or something will take out the....well, can't call him "man", because he's not one. Can't even call him a cockroach, that would be insulting to cockroaches. How's this - useless waste of flesh. Yeah, that sounds good.
                It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

• I read this story last night, front ot back, even risking missing work for it. I was so angry with BB, and felt so bad for TD that I was shaking. What I'm thinking about has been said many times within this thread already, but I hope you don't mind if I say it anyway.

It seems so completely unfair for a guy like BB to be able to have done this to TD, regardless of the very bad decision she made to go back to him, and end up practically escaping unscathed for it. Perhaps I'm a little naive about justice (seeing as how I haven't been exposed to this stuff as much as others have), but forgive me for waiting on the hammer, baseball bat or other blunt object that's going to fall out of the sky and bed itself into BB's head until he is no more. Because he deserves nothing less, that's for certain.
                  "Oh, you hate your job? There's a club for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet down at the bar." ~Drew Carey

Comment

• Quoth Lyger View Post
                    It seems so completely unfair for a guy like BB to be able to have done this to TD, regardless of the very bad decision she made to go back to him...
                    I DO hope that everyone who has read this thread or will read this thread realizes that this is not, in any way, an isolated incident. Shit like this happens all the time, in every place. While TD was my friend, and I understand the anger (trust me, I understand the anger!), I don't want anyone thinking that this is rare, uncommon, or even all that unusual. It happens here, it happens there, and it is happening, right now, where you live. Yes, even where YOU live.

Please, open your eyes and ears to this stuff, lend a hand when possible, and by all means, feel free to volunteer your time, money, services, or whatever to your local domestic abuse charity. Because if you are angry about TD and BB, you should be a thousand times angrier than that when you realize how prevalent this sort of thing really is.

Don't read this, get angry, and then forget about it. Remember it. Hold on to the anger. And use it in a positive way to fight this everywhere, every time. We may not be able to stop this sort of thing, but we can certainly do what we can to prevent a good portion of it. We CAN make a difference.

Still A Customer."

Comment

• It happens everywhere, and has been for a very long time.

My mother and aunt used to collect donations (they'd get stuff from co-workers and family that wasn't being used any more) and take them to the local abused women and children's center.

It's bad enough when it's a grown woman that made some sort of choice, but there were always an awful lot of kids there, too.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

• Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                        It's bad enough when it's a grown woman that made some sort of choice, but there were always an awful lot of kids there, too.
                        Domestic abuse is not limited to men against women, as should be evident by recent posts in this forum, as well as what we all see every day with children who are obviously and oftentimes not so obviously abused.

And it is a cycle. That is why TD went back. And why other woman go back. And why victimes of abuse seek out abusers in the first place (though of course they don't realize they are seeking them out), or why abusers become abusers in the first place: they are repeating behavior they learned. The abused go on to grow up to be abused again, or to be abusers. It's a vicious cycle, and it takes a lot to break it.

Sometimes I wonder if it IS possible to break it. Sometimes I wonder if it will ever BE possible.

At those times, I weep for humanity.

Still A Customer."

Comment

• Like a few others I found this thread through the link on another page. Though I'm late, I offer my condulences to you and TD's family.

And I want to bring emphasis to your words. This happens EVERYWHERE. People on this thread have mentioned how they or loved ones were in abusive relationships. My fiance's sister was in one (though we didn't know about it until well after she'd dumped the jerk) and it changed the lives of many people that were close to her.

I really hope that this thread at the very least makes people more aware, and hopefully that it will help save a life.

Comment

Working...
                          X