This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World of Warcraft

Well, in a few earlier threads references have been made to possibly rerolling our world of warcraft characters on a new server with our CS comrades...and I thought it was high time an official thread began on that subject. I'm quite willing to create a new char (getting some drama in my current guild, a fresh start would be welcome)...so what do you guys think?

I assume we'd be playing on an oceanic server for our friends across the pond, but should it be pvp, pve, rp...and I'm sure there are a few more things you guys can add on the subject that my sleep-deprived brain can't conceive. Let it begin!
    Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
    --Unknown

I won't be playing or anything but I think PvP is the way to go... as long as CS.com isn't bombarded with, "I PWNED U" threads.
    "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
    HellGate: London

Comment

I don't really care for the PvP servers, as the majority of the a**holes tend to congregate there. I'd put in a vote for an RP or PvE server. Not terribly picky though, so I'll play on about anything.
      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I agree to the RP or PVE servers...I'm on a PVP server and only survive because I head to the areas that are low density of PVP activity.
        It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
          I don't really care for the PvP servers, as the majority of the a**holes tend to congregate there. I'd put in a vote for an RP or PvE server. Not terribly picky though, so I'll play on about anything.
          Amen. I won't touch pvp servers. Especially not in WoW which has a very high asshole density to begin with.

Comment

So so far, it seems like RP or PvP have been chosen (I'm currently playing on a pvp server...I'm not sure why I decided to quest in hillsbrad, but MAN did i regret that)...oceanic rp or pve, then? If anyone is dedicated enough to look up a good server for one of those, please let us know

I assume we would be going horde?
            Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
            --Unknown

Comment

Heh. I may have to finally break down and get a card.

Now here the thing though. We could go PVP. If anything that if we all play... I'd love to see the entire horde of CSers going after said slayer. After all, aren't most WoWers customers in a way?
              Military Spouse Support.
              http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
              Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

alright...now that we've somewhat agreed to a server type (I'll look into server's when i get home), who wants to play what?

I've personally got experience in most of the end game instances with most of the new stuff save for ZA.

I'd be willing to play holy priest...but if we want to be an effective group we need tank, DPS, CC, and ranged DPS.

I'm currently working on my 3rd level 70...and have leveled 2 healers (one paladin and one priest), and 1 rogue. Personally I'd prefer to stay away from tanking as I heal better, or cause massive amounts of damage quickly.
                It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

I'm familer with stealth rogue up to level 70. I'd have no issues making another, or I could go with something else. Mage or Warlock maybe. I'm not much of a main-tank, sadly, but I could play with making a DPS fighter/sub tank.

Oh, one more thing---the biggie: Horde or Alliance?
                  The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                  "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                  Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I like making BElf's myself.

Comment

Count me in. I make a fair survival hunter or a kickass enhancement shammy, but I've tried anything and would consider anything but feral druid as needed.
                      "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
                      - H. Beam Piper

Comment

I hate to admit this...but horde does seem to be less filled with whiney 12 year old gits...(sorry brits...I like that word!) though spend enough time in the barrens and I'll be proved wrong...though its GREAT fun to start conversations that get the blood boiling...then leaving the channel ^_^

Anywho...I regress....erm...digress... >.>I'm all for making of the horde...though FIRST person to make a Belf paladin gets locked in a room full of EW and SCs for 2 hours.

I have a thing against Belf paladins...I took a paladin (human) from 1 to 70 in 3 years....and got alot of unfriendly ribbing because of it...calling me soft (never mind I out healed a holy specced priest in full tier 4 gear >.>). and suddenly its not such a big thing since BOTH sides have paladins. Course...I'm also against alliance having shamans too...that was ALWAYS the distinct feature between the horde and alliance and Blizzard in their typical laziness....just gave in to easily.

ok...getting off my now....

Comment

I fully agree, the Alliance is full of complete farktards, kids, arseholes and raging idiots that think "Teamwork" means screaming at your group to heal you after you've pulled roughly 17 times the aggro your group could safely handle and have done so somewhere off screen so they have no idea of the impending doom that descends upon them.

I've always vastly preferred playing my Horde characters. I had a 60 lock, then when we started playing again we went Alliance and I finally gave up on my 54 Hunter and went back and rolled a new Horde character because I could NOT take dealing with the average Alliance playing anymore. ><

Not to say there aren't smart players on the Alliance, you'll just never find them because like me, they're off somewhere hiding in an instance with 1 or 2 friends from outside of the game that they KNOW aren't fucktards. ;p

Comment

I'm an Alliance player preferably, but once I get my WoW account going again I'd love to join in as a Blood Elf Paladin!

I wont do PvP though
                            Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

most interesting player I EVER met on wow...was a mage named Cogitatus on the server Earthen Ring (US server). Interesting fellow....he invented the process (pre expansion) to get the quest item from behind the baron (in scholomance) in the last 6 rooms...without ANYONE dying.

just take 1 mage that takes his name to seriously (don't know what i mean? look up the word cogitation)add in "group's wiped to many times, we need to call it" and 2 whiney people saying "but we just need the last deed from the baron!"....REALLY long discuss short....he found out the exact distance needed to cast 2 different portals out of there....he pulls the baron and the 2 skeleton guards, and kites them out, while the players grab the deeds, and use the second portal (right in the room with the Baron) to get out...once he heard everyone out (we were on Ventrilo), he used the other portal, to get himself out...no deaths, quest item got, and everyone happy...and much laughter ensuing from SASU.

Comment

Working...
                              X