This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooh ... oooh!! Mememe! *wiggles like a puppy*

Hmm. Oceanic = European, yes? Just checking.

Myself and my BF would be more than happy to hop in this pool. We both have levelled to 70 a shaman, I've done a rogue to 70, and currently have a hunter and a 'lock in 60s, with various others below. Decent experience with most classes. I'm loving my warlock to death though.

I'm all for RP or PvE... Usually play Alliance RP (I like to RP now and then! ) but more than willing to go Horde.

Where and when is all we need to know!

*goes back to levelling her feral druid teamed with her BF's holy priest*
    Confirmed altoholic.

Comment

on the topic of times, I think that with a large group we will NEVER Be able to really get anyone on at the same time more than once. Just from experience.

we could run it as a Customerssuck guild though perhaps, have staggered times for running thing so everyone has fun and stuff.
      Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

I think that with a large group we will NEVER Be able to really get anyone on at the same time more than once.
        Very true. The more people, the harder it is to get good times, but also the easier it is to find people to group with at the times you can play as well.
        Confirmed altoholic.

Comment

Hmm. Oceanic = European, yes? Just checking.
          Humour??? Sorry if I missed it, but no, it's Australia, NZ, Sth America, even Japan, Malaysia etc. So, about +12 GMT (often about 15 hours ahead of USA East coast)

Heh, Elwynn... or Westfall... or Darkshore on bad days.. heh, I found a lot worse zones in the Alliance side than I did horde...
          Hmmm... yes... Westfall.....

I didn't find Darkshore to be as bad (but then - higher levels...).

but if you think about it, Elwynn, Westfall and Darkshore together is about a similar size to Barrens. And same levels.

Sounds like there's already enough for a guild!

Slyt

(who, btw, while is less likely to jump on and go hunting, is willing to try any class - just might not be good at it )
          When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Okay, folks, I went ahead and set up a Social Group specifically for this :

World of Warcraft Gamers, Unite!!!

(I certainly hope this all works out . . .)

I figure that once we get this underway, we can use the Social Group to keep each other up-to-date on where we are and what we're doing.

If somebody has a raid planned, or anything else they might need help with, they can post a message on the group's board stating what, where, and when. Hopefully, other players will then see the message and join up if they can.
            “Excuse me. Is this bracelet real jade?”
            “Ma’am, this is a thrift shop. The tag on the bracelet says $1.50. It comes with a matching mood ring. What do you think?”
            “I don’t know.”
            “Yes, it’s real.”

Comment

Let's firmly choose a server and get going....we can be running RFC as a group inside of a week easily.

I'm used to playing Aussie hours...my EQ guild is based out of Sydney and once I got dragged over to WoW (Alliance/Kargath) it was many of the same folks, so my guild there tends to hit Kara around 8 on Friday and then do heroics the rest of the night, but generally I can manage to be on anytime.
              Last edited by Fire_on_High; 06-23-2008, 10:32 PM. Reason: Added something.
              "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
              - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Quoth Fire_on_High View Post
                Let's firmly choose a server and get going....we can be running RFC as a group inside of a week easily.

Very well. I suggested Nagrand, and nobody seems to have offered any objections, so how about we just go with that?

(Just remember, everybody . . . I was the one who suggested Nagrand, but nobody else offered any other ideas. So if Nagrand turns out to be a bad choice, it's not all my fault, okay?

Seriously . . . If Nagrand turns out to be a good choice, then great. If not, we could regroup later and try launching this again on a different server. It wouldn't be easy to start over, but if we really wanted to, we could do it.)
                “Ma’am, this is a thrift shop. The tag on the bracelet says $1.50. It comes with a matching mood ring. What do you think?”
                “I don’t know.”
                “Yes, it’s real.”

Comment

Quoth Sarlon View Post
                  if we want to be an effective group we need tank, DPS, CC, and ranged DPS.

Here's my suggestion :

I think that each player here should create and level up a few different characters (at least two or three). This will increase the chances that a player will be prepared to fill whatever role a particular party will need at any particular time.

As has been pointed out, our schedules will likely vary so widely that it will often be difficult to assemble a large group of us online at any given time.

Also, besides time, we also have to consider location as a factor. If you assemble a team to perform a quest in Durotar and you need a tank . . . It won't do you much good to have a tank player online if his/her tank character is in Tirisfal Glades, now, will it?

If each of us develops a few different characters of different classes, party roles, and in different locations . . .

Then, I think, we will have a fair chance of being able to assemble a good party for whatever task needs to be done at any given time. At any rate, we would certainly have a better chance of that than we would if each player only developed one character in one location.
                  “I don’t know.”
                  “Yes, it’s real.”

Comment

LOL...I've run a ton of tiny hordefolk lately so I can relocate any hordie over lv 4 to any other newbie zone in about 20 min, flat. Yes, even TB to Silvermoon if the Zep isn't at the further point.

Nagrand it is!

Gonna make my DPS warrior first, female Orc named Gnarka. I'll see what else is needed once we get going...I don't care for Undead but I'll make any other race and relocate as needed.
                    "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
                    - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Sounds good!~ anyone actually started yet? ima log in now.

Comment

Ya, I'm in til around 10.
                        - H. Beam Piper

Comment

On a rogue called Kallika.

Comment

Quoth Fire_on_High View Post
                            Gonna make my DPS warrior first, female Orc named Gnarka.
                            Quoth Kali View Post
                            On a rogue called Kallika.

And my first character will be a Troll Hunter named Murgain (primarily Ranged DPS, with his pet acting as a Tank).

Anybody else?
                            “I don’t know.”
                            “Yes, it’s real.”

Comment

Mine will be a Paladin Blood Elf. Name? Uhh... Blood Lily.
                              Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

I'll make a priest or a rogue or a hunter. Either will be named Sarlon, or namora, or Talina. if those names are taken I'll repost what I named it and what I made.
                                It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Working...
                                X