Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I stand alone...twilight-the book please tell me I'm not alone! (could have spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
    Never heard of the series myself.

But then I also never heard of Discworld until my grandmother gave me "Mort" this morning. Now I need the rest. Like....now, please. And the bookstore's closed today (I have over 80$ worth of credit for their used books and I have to use it up before I leave). Right when I was going to pick up all their Doctor Who books, too. Crud-buckets.
    I have the Colour of Magic. And the rest of the books are in Audio Book format. Just wait until you move to New Mexico.

And READ MORT! It's great and you'll LOVE Death!
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth SorryIsGoodEnough View Post
      Not only is it ridiculous, but the character of Bella Swan is the epitome of what teenage girls should NOT want to be.
      Disgusting, isn't it?

And while I get the whole appeal of vampires, and I know they're not real (well, at least not to me ) it irritates me that they get glamorized and such. Being one is not a happy existence. They are not the sort of people you'd want to be friends with. Geez . . .

And by the way, SorryIsGoodEnough, I LOVE your avatar. Absoultely <3 it to bits
      The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Quoth LadyBarbossa View Post

And by the way, SorryIsGoodEnough, I LOVE your avatar. Absoultely <3 it to bits
        Thank you! He's my favorite.

Comment

There's also going to be a movie coming out so we'll end up swamped with it. -.- I'm betting the actress they've picked to play the part of Mary Sue is just as vapid and pointless as the character is. Blah... X_x
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

I haven't read the actual book, but I've read a bunch of excerpts from it. I was very unimpressed. Oh yeah. And this may amuse all of you:
            http://headtripcomics.comicgenesis.com/d/20080505.html
            "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Well, looky there, another comic to become addicted to.
              Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Well, looky there, another comic to become addicted to.
                It's completely worth reading, though she's been busy with life lately so the updates have been slow but she's supposed to start posting again soon. Also, for those of you who haven't read the book, here's some bits (the bold parts being the blog writer's thoughts) that might help explain people's dislike...
                http://buttfacemakani.livejournal.com/281619.html
                "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

...I just realized that I know the artist for Head Trip. Oh gods, she's gonna tan my hide.
                  Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

...I just realized that I know the artist for Head Trip. Oh gods, she's gonna tan my hide.
                    Have I told you recently that you're awesome?

Comment

Eh, I don't think they're as completely horrible as some people here do. I actually really enjoyed the second one (the Jacob one -- I do like Jacob and Alice is pretty cool) and the first one wasn't horrible. Yeah, she's a bit Mary Sue-ish but I actually like the take on the vampires and the fact that, well, most of them in the family don't necessarily like being what they are. The third one wasn't terrible either (again, I kinda like Alice and I do like Jacob).

Haven't read the newest one. I've heard REALLY REALLY bad things about it, so I doubt I will read it.

They aren't my favorite books in the world (that award goes to The Simarillion) but I don't hate them. Guess it's just personal preference.

(Then again, I'm one that's read and written fan fiction. And trust me, when you've slogged through some of that crap, well.................you realize just how HORRIBLE books CAN be. Nothing is as bad as that!)
                      Gryffltherclaw: Because who says you have to pick just one?

Proud to have crushes on fictional characters.

Comment

Quoth Shangri-laschild View Post
                        Also, for those of you who haven't read the book, here's some bits (the bold parts being the blog writer's thoughts) that might help explain people's dislike...
                        http://buttfacemakani.livejournal.com/281619.html
                        Are those the actual book quotes? And somebody thought it was good enough to publish?! Sheesh, that almost makes "My Immortal" look like decent writing.

Yah, major Mary Sue. I think I'll skip this series, TYVM.
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Maybe I should write a Vampire book, I mean hell, My Yahoo Roleplay Vampire character is probably more interesting, He's an amoral, arse kicking, twin sword wielding bastard. As Vampires mostly should be
                          I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
                            Maybe I should write a Vampire book, I mean hell, My Yahoo Roleplay Vampire character is probably more interesting, He's an amoral, arse kicking, twin sword wielding bastard. As Vampires mostly should be
                            I have a vampire RP character too; he's neurotic, with a severe Napoleon complex due to his height, or lack of; he's a bit of a mysoginist (sp?) and has an attitude problem. XD And no, people don't automatically like him the second they meet him; in fact, most people's first impression is that he's a complete downer.

I loved that blog and comic strip; I must share the links with all!!!
                            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Mine is mostly just a cold, empty shell of a thing, with little care for anything beyond his next feed. He'll also kill anyone who looks at him for too long in some rather interesting ways, but that rarely happens because he's awfully good at being unseen and he puts the shits up most people who see him

Hard to believe that another character of mine has reached his 11th real world birthday, He has an interesting history, as he should considering I've been plying him for, quite literally, half my life
                              I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Cool. XD I came up with mine after reading the Night World books, which pwn Twilight and all its sequels in so many ways.

A vegetarian vampire who goes all sparkly in the sun? What-ever...
                                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                                X