Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I stand alone...twilight-the book please tell me I'm not alone! (could have spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A quick overview of my oldest character.

First a street urchin, eventually ending up as Royal Gardener before becoming Captain of the Royal Guard then an advisor to the queen, had temporarily taken the place of King then became Head Mage until the kingdom was razed to the ground and is now currently wandering, investigating and eventually will kick the teeth out of whoever razed the kingdom, when he finds out that is.

He also had 2 wives, 3 children (all of whom died when the Kingdom fell) and an adopted sister and niece (and something of an extended family from them too)

Funnily enough, the Image I used for him, esentially looks like me except more handsomer and cooler (his face looks a hell of a lot like me despite me picking him all those years ago when I looked different)

Since I have played him so long, he really is me with magic powers and a cool sword I now have several swords but none anywhere near as cool as his.

As for my Vampire Character, I was inspired to make him after I heard the Evanescence song "Lies" He also has a few unique features, His fangs are behind his canines and fold up to the roof of his mouth when not in use plus he uses venom while feeding, not just one type of venom either but he's able to creatively alter what effects his venom has depending on the circumstances of its use.
    Last edited by RayvenQ; 08-29-2008, 11:43 PM.
    I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Haven't read it. Don't plan to. Avoided visiting my friend who unfortunately for him had to work the release party at Store2. I was going to, just to see him, but I was tired and didn't feel like dealing with a crowd of teenagers. I snuggled with Pablo and watched TV with my parents instead. Much more fun.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Re: RayvenQ; mine also has a storyline, but not that extensive. XD He basically grew up in the slums of London in the 1600s. Three siblings were stillborn, three older ones went into service and his little sister died in a cholera outbreak, which he survived. When he was 13, his parents were killed by vampires. The only person who believed him, became his mentor and foster mother. She trained him to fight vampires, til she was killed by the same vampire family who killed his parents. He then went after them; eventually he found them, but things didn't go as planned; the head of the vampire clan made him into a vampire.

The mysoginy comes from the way he was brought up; the Napoleon complex comes from the fact that average height has gotten taller since he was made. XD His song would be Boulevard Of Broken Dreams; he's been married six times but all his wives refused the gift and died of old age. He's gotten over his wood sensitivity by killing two demons and draining all their blood. He can be a downer, but also very annoying to any self respecting female. XD

And yeah, he's a Night World style vampire, cuz I liked those books. Not a sparkly vampire to be seen. XD
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

twilight-the book please tell me I'm not alone! (could have spoilers)

*MOD EDIT - I don't think we need 2 threads discussing the same book. Merging threads.

OK please tell me I am not the only person alive who does not think that this book/series is going to be the next harry potter?

Honestly I've read the first book and I'm not that impressed. I mean, if I had still been a teenager, then yeah maybe I would find all the lovy dovy mushie puppy love stuff in it really romantic and I would swoon over Edward. But honestly, I find it rather sickening :S

I don't know, maybe it's just a bit of a let down because the only reason I got it was because friends kept RAVING about how amazing it was. And even the check out chick said "this is the best book I've read in ages"

hrm yeah no, not impressed. Please tell me I'm not alone in this!
          Last edited by Ree; 10-31-2008, 11:23 PM.
          I am evil, I should change my middle name legally TO evil, I'm proud of my evilness! Makes life fun! bwhaha

Comment

Well I've not read it and every time someone talks about it makes me want to read it even less. I'll stick to Pratchett, I finally got Nation through the library
            How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

I haven't read it, I have no interest, but I did come across a rather hysterical synopsis, full of sarcasm and snark...I'll have to go find it.

brb.

Haha, found it! (I don't remember if it was someone here who posted it or not.)
              Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 10-28-2008, 01:57 AM.

Comment

Ugh...I'm so sick of hearing about those stupid books and the even stupider movie that's coming out. I haven't read the books (and don't plan to) but I've read enough synopsis on various websites and blogs to know that Edward is a stalker and control freak, and Bella is a doormat.

Oh, and Stephenie Meyer is NOT the next J.K. Rowling.

Thank you and good night.
                I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                  Haha, found it! (I don't remember if it was someone here who posted it or not.)
                  Great summary! Admittedly, I haven't read any of the books, nor do I have any desire to. Everything I've heard about them reminds me of Flowers In The Attic: overhyped, badly written utter crap that every girl in school read because it was popular!

You might like these critiques, too (WARNING: SPOILERS): http://shinyopals.livejournal.com/132461.html#cutid1
                  http://headtripcomics.comicgenesis.com/d/20080505.html
                  http://headtripcomics.comicgenesis.com/d/20080915.html
                  Last edited by XCashier; 10-28-2008, 06:20 PM. Reason: forgot to mention the spoilers
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                    Great summary! Admittedly, I haven't read any of the books, nor do I have any desire to. Everything I've heard about them reminds me of Flowers In The Attic: overhyped, badly written utter crap that every girl in school read because it was popular!
                    Wherever I first saw it posted, the person who posted it said it was "not for fans"...I have a friend who reads them, and I was walking with her and another friend of hers; they're both fans, and I had absolutely nothing to contribute to the conversation, because I'm too nice to say "you really like that crap?!"

I'll have to check those other sites out tomorrow.

/never read flowers in the attic, either

Comment

I have read the books at the pleading of my friends (curse my inability to stop halfway through a series!), and all I can really say is that I like her writing style. Other than that, I found the plot to be pretty weak and the characters to be far too one-dimensional.

Comment

im a hopeless romantic at hear, i own fairy tales, the vampire earth series, and the twilight books
                        but i dont even think harry potter is that great on the grand sceme of things, i still get glares for calling Ginny a whore.
                        but i like the series

Comment

HAHAHA I've only read the first book and now I know what will be happening in the others!

LOL funny shit! I love the cartoons!
                          I am evil, I should change my middle name legally TO evil, I'm proud of my evilness! Makes life fun! bwhaha

Comment

Oh, see I do believe it already HAS become the new Harry Potter/Eragon.

More specifically, it's become the newest in a long line of books that were sub-par but not truly terrible that have everyone raving at me ad nausiem about how amazing they are despite them being steaming piles of crap compared to the gold-plated gifts from god that most of my friends apparently read with the same titles.
                            "Darling, you are a bitch. I'm joining the Navy." -Cinema Guy 4/30/2009

Comment

It's not just you. It's honestly not that great. There are issues with the character development, and the pacing is horrid.

That said: Meyers can actually write. Try her book The Host, it's much better than Twilight.
                              "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Okay, that synopsis that was linked here; hilarious. Well worth the read just to see Plot cry.

I'm more curious as to why this series is so popular? The entire WORLD can't be sheeple, can they??
                                Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Working...
                                X