X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Christmas Card List-Tally Up!

Hello All!

Fall is almost here, and for those of you who have been here for a while you know that means one thing-it's time to kick off sign ups for the annual CS Christmas Card Exchange!

As (for the most part) always, the swap will be managed by JuniorMintz and the rules for participating will be the same as it was in past years (which I will review in a bit). However the means for signing up have change so PLEASE pay attention to the following information.

Pedersen, aka JuniorMintz's Second Personal Savior, was kind enough to spend nearly the past year slaving away at a nifty little program that will collect sign ups each year from here on out. If you decide to participate, please follow the link below, then click the even link labeled "2009 Christmas Card List". You will be prompted to enter the information needed to sign up at that point.

http://www.customerssuck.com/cardlist/

PLEASE NOTE: You will NOT be able to submit your sign up unless your address and email information is complete. Please be thorough.

Now, for those of you who are asking yourself "WTF is this girl talking about?!?", it's simple. Every year, a number of us exchange Christmas Cards with fellow CS members across the globe. I collect sign ups from people each year, compile a list, send it out towards the end of October, and then we flood the hell out of each other's mailboxes with Christmas cheer.

Now, for a quick FAQ List...

Can I make my own cards, or do they have to be store bought?

Either way.

Religious Themes: Yay or Nay?

Again, it doesn't matter. This event is about friendship and holiday cheer.

If I sign up, do I have to send a card to EVERYONE?

YES, and in a timely manner too. I cannot stress this enough. It is selfish, rude, and seriously unfair to sign up and get cards from everyone else and not send any of your own. If you wish to only send cards to a select few members of the CS community, please make such plans on your own.

Are E-Cards allowed?

No. Once the final list goes out, this becomes a snail mail event.

What happens if I sign up and don't send out my cards/don't send out my cards until after the Easter Bunny has visited?

People who sign up and don't follow through make Baby Jesus cry and thus, are automatically placed on Santa's Naughty List for the next year. Oh, and on my naughty list as well. No shows are banned from participating in future events.

But what if an emergency comes up and I can't?

I'm not an unreasonable person, and I've found that most members of CS that participate are very accommodating. If an emergency comes up, all I ask is that you PLEASE let me know. I will handle things accordingly and you will not be penalized in any way.

How Many People Will Sign Up?

It varies. As the CS community gets larger with each year, the list grows as well. I've had everywhere from 20-60 members sign up in previous years.

My FAVORITE part about our new sign up method is that it features an "Opt Out" period. Sign Ups close on October 18th, but the Opt Out period is available until October 24th, so if the list swells to an amazingly large number of people and it is no longer feasible for you to participate, you have the option of dropping out before I finalize the list.

How Much Is Postage?

It depends on where you live, how many people have signed up, and how many of the cards you send will be international.

As a courtesy, we have provided links to the US, UK, Canadian, NZ, Australian, and South African post offices on the official sign up page.

It's asking me to login with a username and password. Are those the same as my CS user name and password?

Yes.

I tried to sign up, but didn't get the "activation" email/The final list never showed up in my mailbox!

Check your spam box. If you still have trouble, let us know.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe that about covers it. If you have any further questions, please speak up. Otherwise, if you are ready to join, have at it!

And again, a HUGE FRIGGIN' THANK YOU to Pedersen for all of his hard work!
    Last edited by JuniorMintz; 09-04-2009, 04:06 AM.
    "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Announcement: Signups are now open for the 2009 Christmas Card List event.

You have until October 18, 2009 to sign up. After that, you will be able
    to change your mind until October 24, 2009. We look forward to seeing you
    Automated Poster for the Pep Squad!

PM BookstoreEscapee, Pedersen, or one of the mods. I'm not real!

Comment

For those of you pondering signing up, I'd like to add in a simple note: Don't wait. No one can add someone to this list, period. You must add yourself. In addition, once the signups are closed, they cannot be reopened.

The end result is that if you fail to get yourself signed up on time, you cannot be added after the fact. So, don't wait, please.

That having been said, I've already done my signup. Participating for the first time this year

Comment

It's asking me to login with a username and password. Are those the same as my CS user name and password?
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          Yes, they are the same.
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Well, I put in my username and password and it went right back to the first screen. Didn't let me put in my e-mail or anything. Does that mean my username or password was wrong?

Comment

All signed up. I bought cards last year, hopefully I won't have to buy too many more.
              The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Well, I put in my username and password and it went right back to the first screen. Didn't let me put in my e-mail or anything. Does that mean my username or password was wrong?
                Did it not show "welcome back IPF" at the top?
                The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

It should have taken you back to the first screen, along with "Welcome Back IPF" at the top. From there, click the event link to sign up. You don't have to put your email in. In fact, you can't: It comes right from the CS database.

So, if it's not doing that, let me know, since that means something else weird is going on and I need to troubleshoot that.

Comment

I am in! I love the Tally up! thing.
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Love this new setup...so chic and we can enter a tally as we get them! Sweet!

Oooo get to send a card to the bestest site tech

Comment

It is not working for me...does not say Welcome Back or anything, just kicks me back to the 1st screen.

I don't get it haha. *is computer stupid*
                        Running on ice is just as smart as shoving a fork in the toaster - Blas in regards to a dry pool diving team member who decided to run across a 50 mph highway following an ice storm

Comment

SteverinoNY, check your PMs, want to work with you directly to figure out what's wrong.

ETA: Dangit, I seem to have missed him. I see some other folks logging in, but not signing up. Anybody care to provide any feedback? What's going on? Tell me if it's being a problem. I promise that, if you don't tell me what's wrong, I won't fix it
                          Last edited by Pedersen; 09-04-2009, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Quoth Pedersen View Post
                            It should have taken you back to the first screen, along with "Welcome Back IPF" at the top. From there, click the event link to sign up. You don't have to put your email in. In fact, you can't: It comes right from the CS database.

So, if it's not doing that, let me know, since that means something else weird is going on and I need to troubleshoot that.
                            It didn't do that. Just sent me back to the first screen. It just says "welcome"; it doesn't have my name anyplace.

Comment

Are you able to post or send screenshots?

Did you get any kind of validation email?
                              Check your filters.

This is what I see when I go to the site:
                              Attached Files
                              Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
                              X