Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just signed up. It will be interesting to see all the locations.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
      Are you able to post or send screenshots?

Did you get any kind of validation email?
      Check your filters.

This is what I see when I go to the site:
      Using your screenshots to explain things more clearly, I don't get the third screen after putting in my user name and password. It goes back to the first one.

It does this in both Internet Explorer and Firefox for me.

I also haven't gotten any validation e-mail or any other e-mail saying I registered.

If this were a matter of my username or password being wrong I'd expect to see something saying that was the case.

Something is definitely wrong.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Merging posts:

First post:
        Irv, please check my profile, and contact me via an instant message service. I want to find/fix this error, but need help from someone who's experiencing it.

Second post:
        Just realized that we have a nice simple IM client available for anybody with gmail.

If you're having problems getting logged in, please contact me using Google Talk. My gmail address is mjpeder AT gmail DOT com. Using that, we can work together to get this login issue resolved.

I see a couple people having it, and I don't know why.

ETA: I've been going over the logs. I think your system might be disallowing cookies, either through the browser, or through some sort of antivirus program disallowing them. Since this is a new spot for those programs to watch for, it would be worth checking to see if maybe that's a problem source.
        Last edited by Pedersen; 09-05-2009, 04:25 AM. Reason: merging posts

Comment

Don't think cookies are the problem, since I have both my browser and my antivirus set up to allow them.

Is it okay for me to contact you via ICQ? I don't use Gmail.
          Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 09-05-2009, 02:24 PM.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I did it right.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
              Don't think cookies are the problem, since I have both my browser and my antivirus set up to allow them.
              Double check though? Some security software is very specific, and won't allow a different base url. In our case, the card list is at http://www.customerssuck.com/cardlist and the forum is at http://www.customerssuck.com/board/ (note the different ending).

Since people are signing up, and using OSX, Linux, and Windows, also while using IE, Firefox, and Safari, it does have to be something on your system. The security software is as good a place as any to start.

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
              Is it okay for me to contact you via ICQ? I don't use Gmail.
              Absolutely. My ICQ number is 103345809.
              Quoth Becks View Post
              Yep, you did. Go back and look at the event, and you can see who signed up so far. You're there

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post

Yaaayyyy!!!!!
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

As far as I can tell, nothing is blocking cookies. In fact, when I looked up the list of cookies there was one from the CS.com cardlist.

I went into Internet Explorer and set it to specifically allow cookies from the cardlist and that didn't work. I turned off every anti-virus and internet privacy setting I could and that didn't work.

I give up. I'm thinking I'll just have to e-mail all my information the old-fashioned way. If I see you are online I will try to get ahold of you.
                  Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 09-05-2009, 09:28 PM.

Comment

In the meanwhile, go ahead and PM me your information and I will make a note to add you myself.
                    "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

IPF: You (and anybody else who is having a technical issue but wishes to sign up) needs to get together with me at some point. This tool has no facility to add someone onto the list. The person who wants to be on it must do it himself/herself. The list is automatically sent out at the end of the opt-out period.

Basically, we need to figure out what is going on. If you can get online with me via IM, I can start up a special debugging mode, and we can figure out what's going on and get this fixed correctly. I've been offline most of the day today, as we were out shopping for a friend's b'day, and attending the party. However, most times, I *am* online and visible.

Please get in touch with me so we can fix this.

Comment

Actually knowing where I'll be at Christmas, I've signed up.

Now to get lots of paper and ink.

B
                        "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
                        I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Quoth Pedersen View Post
                          IPF: You (and anybody else who is having a technical issue but wishes to sign up) needs to get together with me at some point. This tool has no facility to add someone onto the list. The person who wants to be on it must do it himself/herself. The list is automatically sent out at the end of the opt-out period.
                          Oops. I'd forgotten about that.

Never mind then.
                          "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

Yeah, got mine done. Apparently it didn't like "at att dot net" so I switch back to the old AOHell.
                            Meeeeoooow.....
                            Still missing you, Plaid

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                              Yaaayyyy!!!!!
                              It'll be a hell of a road trip for you to hand deliver my card this year.
                              Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                                It'll be a hell of a road trip for you to hand deliver my card this year.
                                Yeah, well, we'll see how the fall goes.... I won't have any vacation time to use by then...
                                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                                X