Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am now pretty sure my security settings aren't the problem for me. I basically set my anti-virus and my internet security settings to "hackers and viruses welcome!" and that didn't work. I am still getting kicked back to the first page, as if I haven't logged in.

I even tried used my parents' computer to sign up. We both have dial up through the same local company. The same thing happened on their computer. Would it be possible that my ISP is doing something funny?

Pedersen, I've seen you in and out today on CS, and you seem to be offline on ICQ. I sent you a PM, and will wait to hear from you. I just hope I am not coming off as too much of a pest.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      Pedersen, I've seen you in and out today on CS, and you seem to be offline on ICQ. I sent you a PM, and will wait to hear from you. I just hope I am not coming off as too much of a pest.
      Knowing him, it's probably worse for him that he can't get a hold of you to fix this bug. Dude hates flaws in his programs.
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Tried a different browser?

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
          Tried a different browser?

Rapscallion
          I have tried it in both Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Comment

Able to try a different computer?
            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
              All signed up. I bought cards last year, hopefully I won't have to buy too many more.
              You can always buy extras right after the holidays when they're marked down 50% and have them in a safe place for next year.

That's what I do. Not only does it save money, but I can find some really cool cards. Hopefully I have enough on hand for this year, but if the list is longer than the number of cards I have, I can simply go and buy more.

Last year we had approximately 60 signups. And every year since the first one it's increased, so let's set a record this year.

And yes, I'm all signed up.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

All signed up! Although, it's tentative. Waiting to see the full list and then determine if I can spare the time for it. It's a busy semester for me, and it's not over until right before Christmas. The final for the class I TA for is on Dec. 18th, and I won't be able to go home until allllll those finals are graded and grades submitted. *humph*
                "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                  Knowing him, it's probably worse for him that he can't get a hold of you to fix this bug. Dude hates flaws in his programs.
                  Broom's right. This is driving me nuts, simply because I hate not knowing the cause.

I've figured out SteverinoNY!'s problem, and it's got to do with his username. Have sent him a suggestion, and I'm working on alternate methods to fix. Unfortunately, his problem and yours are different Irv.

I basically set my anti-virus and my internet security settings to "hackers and viruses welcome!" and that didn't work.
                  Damn. that's frustrating. It's the most logical source of the problem. Well, I'll post more notes below. As to why I still think it's got something to do with your setup, I set up a test environment, and in that test environment, I set your password to be "password", and I was able to login as you. If I can do it, then it's got to be either your machine, or something even weirder that has yet to be determined. I'm still leaning towards something we've not yet identified in your setup, though, since so many other people are able to get logged in and signed up.

Would it be possible that my ISP is doing something funny?
                  Possible? Technically, yes. Likely? Absolutely not. This is, after all, just a cookie being set.

Very far from being a pest. I want this to work properly. Right now, it doesn't. However, I am fairly certain that it's something to do with your machine, for reasons that will take a while to explain. We just need to manage to chat.

And, of course, one of the other projects on my list would be great for that, but I haven't had time to implement that while finishing up still other projects. Anyway...

Let's check over the basics: What version of Internet Explorer are you using (as show in "Help->About")? What version of Firefox? What extensions installed in Firefox? Any add-ons installed in IE? What about Windows, which version are you using? Feel free to send via PM if you feel any of that is info you don't want to share publicly.

As for ICQ, it seems to happen (for some reason) that the people I talk to on ICQ are always showing as offline, even when online. Trying just sending me a message. Weekends are notoriously difficult to get in touch with me, but I'll still try.

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                  All signed up! Although, it's tentative. Waiting to see the full list and then determine if I can spare the time for it.
                  Something else new is happening with the list this year, AA. And it should help to make life easier, in a big way. The list, as has been noted, is going to be automatically generated. What hasn't been mentioned is that it's going to be sent to you as a PDF, formatted to fit Avery 8160 labels. At the least, addressing envelopes should be much easier this year.
                  Last edited by Pedersen; 09-08-2009, 03:03 AM. Reason: Fixing template type. Had 8250 stuck on the brain for some reason.

Comment

All signed up and have my cards ready for the list.
                    Can't wait to see all the cards for everyone else.
                    Is it insanity to reason with the voices in your head or to ignore them and hope they go away on their own? - Hod from Brat-halla

"You're the nicest evil person I know" one of my managers to me

Comment

Okay, technical updates for people who are signing up: The two folks who were having issues so far had two different issues.

The first issue was due to an exclamation in the username. The only fix we have for this right now is to get the username changed, which I believe Raps can do (though you might need to bribe him to do so).

The second issue looks to have been spaces in the username, and that issue has been fixed in the code by installing an updated library, and works correctly now (from my testing, waiting for confirmation from Irv).

Sorry about those two issues folks. I'd expect a couple more bumps to occur, but hopefully we won't see too many of them.

Comment

And.....SUCCESS! I'm all signed up.

Thanks so much Pedersen. For a while there I was wondering if I'd ever be able to get signed up.

Comment

I've just signed up. I love getting Christmas cards from all around the globe. The sign up site thingy is very cool.

A word to those outside of the US: most of the cards go to the CSers in the US, so be prepared for a large number of international cards and the postage costs. Last year mine was in excess of £30.
                          "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Woo-hoo!! I'm in!!! 27 of us so far. Can't wait!!
                            If you don't like my attitude, talk to the manager!!! Oh, wait, that would be me!!

Yes, I'm the manager. I'm also known as "the brick wall".

Comment

WHEEEEEE...ALL SIGNED UP!

Thanks Pederson, Raps, and JM

Now to buy my cards and stamps haha!

All your cards really cheered me up last year as I was going through a rough time and I can't thank all of you wonderful people enough!
                              Running on ice is just as smart as shoving a fork in the toaster - Blas in regards to a dry pool diving team member who decided to run across a 50 mph highway following an ice storm

Comment

Reminder: Only 41 days remain to sign up for the 2009 Christmas Card List event!

So far, Ree, JuniorMintz, Setsunaela, Becks, FuzzyKitten99, AriGriffin, Monica, taxguykarl, Boggles, Pedersen, iradney, bookworm, ArcticChicken, McGoddess09, JoitheArtist, BookstoreEscapee, Aethian, I8DaCookie, Bandit, ParkingWitch, DGoddessChardonnay, worddork, AdminAssistant, Irving Patrick Freleigh, cinema guy, Camry178, SteverinoNY has joined.
                                Automated Poster for the Pep Squad!

PM BookstoreEscapee, Pedersen, or one of the mods. I'm not real!

Comment

Working...
                                X