Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ergh; sorry about the injury. just get a bit of heat therapy on it now and then for the comfort factor (after workout...maybe even get a foot massage thrown in?).

given the rising cost of medicine, i'm surprised that there isn't a higher rate of defaults due to non-payment (not deadbeat related). when someone gets hit with a bill just this side of a mortgage payment (after insurance kicks in), anyone expecting a quick payoff is severely delusional.
    look! it's ghengis khan!
    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
      ergh; sorry about the injury. just get a bit of heat therapy on it now and then for the comfort factor (after workout...maybe even get a foot massage thrown in?).

given the rising cost of medicine, i'm surprised that there isn't a higher rate of defaults due to non-payment (not deadbeat related). when someone gets hit with a bill just this side of a mortgage payment (after insurance kicks in), anyone expecting a quick payoff is severely delusional.
      The ankle is doing a lot, lot better.

The bills from the ER visit are starting to come in. My insurance didn't cover much

I'll pay the doctor and the radiologist off as quickly as I can. I got good care from them, they don't deserve to be held up too long waiting for payment from me.

The hospital, OTOH, I am going to drag things out a bit. I'm not in a big hurry to pay an organization that treated me so badly.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I am glad to hear your ankle is getting better. And I wish you easy with the bill payments. No matter how much one thinks they have, it always seems it's not exactly enough. lol ya know?
        I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Comment

Im also glad to hear your ankle is better.

Have you heard from the EMTALA people or other agencies you talked to? Im curious as to how this will play out.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
            Im also glad to hear your ankle is better.

Have you heard from the EMTALA people or other agencies you talked to? Im curious as to how this will play out.
            Haven't heard back yet. They told me it would be a couple of months, but that I would get a copy of the final findings.
            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Oooo ok. I guess something like that would take a while to sort. I still cant believe they did that.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
                Oooo ok. I guess something like that would take a while to sort. I still cant believe they did that.
                I can't believe they didn't back down when I said the magic word "EMTALA." The charge nurse should have stepped in and put a stop to it at that point, quite frankly. Nobody wants an EMTALA fine. It is just not worth it. But the registration clerk had to win . . . she refused to back down and not get what she wanted.

So she continued to try and push me around . . . only to find out I don't push.

Comment

So she continued to try and push me around . . . only to find out I don't push.
                  Oh you do push. You push BACK. Good on ya.
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Plus, the nurse put the cop in a bad position too. If he was there in the official capacity of a LEO then he could get in trouble for using his authority to uphold the violation of a federal law.

And if he wasn't working in the capacity of a LEO that could be an even bigger issue.
                    Last edited by PepperElf; 05-29-2011, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Holy Cow On A Stick! I can not believe that there are people walking around with that amount of stupidity seeping through their pores! I have never been divorced but I would have refused to answer those questions too and I don't care if they brought the POTUS in there to ask!

I have been to the ER with stupid accidents I have done to myself, but the nurses will still ask me, right in front of Mr. Mis, if someone else had hurt me and go on to pester me with it. I always stop and ask them if they really thought it was a good idea to ask me that question in front of the person they think might have hurt me.

The hospital you went to should have done their best to treat you first or at least get you out of pain before they got their panties in a bunch about questions that should have never entered their mind to ask.

I really hope you help nail that hospital's balls to the wall. The questions they asked were over the line and they need to be reminded of that fact by huge ass fines!
                      Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Well, I'll say this for CMS. They've kept me in the loop.

They spent two days on a site visit, and are currently evaluating the information they've gathered. That's all they've told me so far.

So hopefully in a few weeks I'll get a full report.

Comment

Ooooo! Thanks for the update. I still cant believe they did that.

Comment

Anything new on this?
                            Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

I can't see what where you were born has anything to do with anything. I would have been tempted to ask, while putting on my best Scottish brogue, "Why? Do you think I might have mad cow disease?"

And then I'd given them my last name(s) as: Kane Martin Brent Cudahy Chandler Montgomery Montgomery Chandler Marick Marick Montgomery

But then, I'm evil like that.

Quoth Panacea View Post
                              but the swelling is for all intensive purposes gone.
                              /nitpick/ It's "intents and purposes". Sorry, that's just a pet peeve of mine. Ignore the anal retentive in the corner. /nitpick off/
                              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                                I can't see what where you were born has anything to do with anything. I would have been tempted to ask, while putting on my best Scottish brogue, "Why? Do you think I might have mad cow disease?"

And then I'd given them my last name(s) as: Kane Martin Brent Cudahy Chandler Montgomery Montgomery Chandler Marick Marick Montgomery

But then, I'm evil like that.

/nitpick/ It's "intents and purposes". Sorry, that's just a pet peeve of mine. Ignore the anal retentive in the corner. /nitpick off/
                                No worries. I did a when I looked at what I wrote. I actually thank you for the correction

And no, no updates yet. I've been a bit swamped with other issues. I'll probably call sometime next week to see where things are.

Comment

Working...
                                X