Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's wrong with this picture? (CAUTION! Female stuff!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MiLNotaRum:

Mr. Rum was the "What do you mean I'm pregnant you told me I could never get pregnant!" baby.

BiL#1 was the "What do you mean I'm pregnant - I'm on birth control and hubs is using condoms!" baby.

BiL#2 was the "Oh fk I'm pregnant! Time for one of us to get snipped" baby.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
      My mom had some bleeding with her pregnancies. Had four healthy kids.

But giving someone who had a hysterectomy a pregnancy test? Where would they be carrying a baby...in a back pocket??
      Well . . . . it is possible to have an ectopic pregnancy in the abdominal cavity. If the egg misses the fallopian tube, and the sperm makes its way out . . . it's been known to happen. The placenta attaches to the abdominal wall, or organs, and babies have come to term (usually with birth defects, but that's another story).

So if she just had her uterus out but still has her ovaries, and there were some sort of fistula in the vagina . . . it COULD happen.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

You know, I think I DID hear of a lady in the UK who had a healthy baby that grew in her abdomen.

I had my ovaries out when I was 6. I usually tell the preop phlebotomist or surgeon don't bother running the pregnancy test, cuz I don't wanna have to pay for it, lol. On the other hand, if it WERE positive, that would indicate probably cancer, so I guess I'll let it slide. I did when I had my gallbladder out recently.

Comment

Yeah-- that alone is when I say it's silly for a test to be done: when there are no ovaries.
          I read enough stuff like this board/thread, and enough medical information, to be dangerous.
          But getting a pee test when you're a guy or effectively sexless is silly.
          BUT like Hermione said-- cancer. And other bizarre stuff only people like Panacea know about.
          "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
          "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

As stupid as it sounds, the lack of consistency or reason it makes no sense is most likely because either the nurses don't update their records the way they should, or the doctors don't look at any notes about you BEFORE they see you.

At the clinic I go to, I spend several minutes in a room where a nurse is supposedly updating my info (weight, blood pressure, if anything has changed, new ailments, etc etc, typing in that I am still on whatever BC I say I am on), and yet, it NEVER fails...the doc comes in and will either ask if I've had a pregnancy test yet today or what BC I am on.

For the record, I blame the doctors, because I witness the nurses updating the stuff. Unless they did something wrong or the system has continual failures, it's not their fault.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
              For the record, I blame the doctors, because I witness the nurses updating the stuff. Unless they did something wrong or the system has continual failures, it's not their fault.
              Blame our insurance system, that forces doctors to keep appointments to 10-15 minutes and leaves them without the time to properly review records before seeing the patient.
              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I've read about abdominal pregnancy too - apparently, even if you have no uterus, if sperm happen to find an egg floating to and fro in your abdomen and it fertilizes, there's a chance it will plant itself onto another organ or the wall of the abdomen and grow.

Another fun one is phantom pregnancy, which occurs usually if the lady either really wants to be pregnant or really does NOT want to be. You get symptoms, which can even include a distended belly. But there's nothing in there. That's some freaky shit. I recall some lady online talking about how she had a third-trimester abdominal pregnancy, but that also, this fetus was elusive and could not be seen at all with an ultrasound. I don't know if the woman was just attention-whoring or if she genuinely believed she was incubating a ghost-child, but she updated a lot about the mean doctors who doubted her maternal intuition about her baby that they and their hi-tech machinery could not see.

I'd bet that even if you were a man who became a woman via surgery (transgender? I'm not good with the "trans-" lifestyle choice words; I get them confused), you'd have to pee in the cup for their dumb asses.

The fun thing is sometimes when you get a pee test, you might even get a false result. Like you're pregnant and the test comes back as negative. Or, more rarely, you're not pregnant and you get a false positive. Don't you just love being a woman sometimes?

Comment

Quoth ShadowBall View Post
                  The fun thing is sometimes when you get a pee test, you might even get a false result. Like you're pregnant and the test comes back as negative. Or, more rarely, you're not pregnant and you get a false positive. Don't you just love being a woman sometimes?
                  I've had a false negative and a false postive with home tests from 10 years ago. Weird combinations of a strange reaction the pill, bad PCOS and a small tumour, so my old doc said. Now OTC tests are a lot better. I can't believe there are some out there that can pick up a pregnancy at 2-3 weeks.

Comment

Hysteric pregnancies? I thought it was "soap opera magic", I didn't know that was real!

I've had a positive home pregnancy test result before. Let's just say, I'm never wasting money for the closest thing to a heart attack again. I'll go to the clinic and pay my copay just to know the truth.
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                      Hysteric pregnancies? I thought it was "soap opera magic", I didn't know that was real!

I've had a positive home pregnancy test result before. Let's just say, I'm never wasting money for the closest thing to a heart attack again. I'll go to the clinic and pay my copay just to know the truth.
                      Oh, yes. They're real. We've got a lady who keeps coming to the OB unit where I do my clinic claiming she's pregnant and in labor. She's not.

They think she's a hysterical pregnancy . . . but are also concerned she may be considering stealing a baby. Hence, the staff have been warned about her, and if she keeps it up is going to end up banned from the hospital or taken to jail for trespassing.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                        Mary Tudor had two of them.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
                          Well . . . . it is possible to have an ectopic pregnancy in the abdominal cavity. If the egg misses the fallopian tube, and the sperm makes its way out . . . it's been known to happen. The placenta attaches to the abdominal wall, or organs, and babies have come to term (usually with birth defects, but that's another story).

So if she just had her uterus out but still has her ovaries, and there were some sort of fistula in the vagina . . . it COULD happen.
                          Yeah, I've heard of that.

I've only got one tube myself. Turned out they were both longer than normal and one got bent over & tangled up, caused all kinds of pain and had to be removed.
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                            I thought one of them was uterine cancer. But I may have seen that in a movie. I can't remember for sure.
                            The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                              Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                              I thought one of them was uterine cancer. But I may have seen that in a movie. I can't remember for sure.

I think you're both right. She had two, but the last one was actually cancer.
                              I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth Sparky View Post
                                Me: (embarrassed) Oh, gee. I just started my period and I'm really bleeding a lot. Can you note that on the cup so they don't return it as abnormal if there's blood in my urine?
                                Nurse: (dismissively) Oh, it's just for a pregnancy test.
                                When I was interning for my degree, I was told not only for the weird pregnancies that they give you a test anyway, but that a lot of legal precautions are needed.

Especially when it involves possible offspring =/

As a side note, I have been on birth control since age 17. Why? For acne medication.

In spite of the same dermatologist giving me both meds, they had to test every time because legally, if I had gotten pregnant and not aborted and not been on birth control (because they will not give you the acne med without it), if the child had been born with a defect (which is almost a sure thing) I could have sued the doctor, his assistants, the pharmacist, and any other human involved in it for a ridiculous amount of money.

It's really crazy how things happen with the body.

Comment

Working...
                                X