This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post

Someone...doesn't...want...drugs...during...a....c-section?

Where they, you know, cut through skin and muscle and move your intestines around a bit?
    jaw hits floor, breaks floor. wow...just... wow i am SO sorry
    agreed. just out of curiosity where was the husband/father whatnot. I would NOT want a student to examine me while in labor. No offense to the student but he/she only has so much experience and probably doesn't want to come near your crazy behind!

Comment

Quoth Moogles View Post
      Teh: After you have a baby, you won't even feel the pain. You'll just be astounded by the beautiful/amazing being that you brought into existence. Childbirth is just a step on the way. You'll be amazed how strong you can be
      That's what I hear. I still won't believe it until it happens; but then I'm also the person who doesn't know if she can die for someone/some idea until she's making the choice.
      It's still gross.
      Also... isn't meconium... uh, baby poo? *looks* yep.
      Ick. Give bub a bath! And if she rotated on the way out ... then... does that mean she's ... *puts on sunglasses* a little screwy?
      "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
      "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

LOL
        a little OT
        it also doesn't help that while expecting alot of people feel compelled to share their scary stories. try not to let it get to you. makes me believe that the woman the OP was referring to let those scare stories get to her

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
          That's what I hear. I still won't believe it until it happens <snip>
          TMI Time:
          Once bub's head was out each time, the pain ceased which was awesome because the midwives here like the mum to pause for a moment so they can check for the cord and untangle it if necessary.
          For me, it felt like taking a giant dump. Not magical or anything. My midwife for Jazzy jokingly told me off because I was so insistant that I HAD to go to the bathroom, got there and went "Oh, wow... bub's crowning!"
          Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Yeah, I hear that too. From my own mother, even.
            EDIT: the acts of sex and pregnancy and birth/the few months of recovery are all one big act of Too Much Information
            "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
            "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Yeah, that's what they all say, but I don't buy a word of it.
              Yeah, that's bullshit. I remember everything. EVERYTHING.

After the surgery my husband started to cry. I asked him why and he said, "A hundred years ago, you would both be dead."
              https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

There are some crazy people out there, especially when it comes to childbirth. The no pain meds during a c-section woman literally made my skin crawl.

My advice on watching the c-section: don't. Seriously. Watch a video of it being done to somebody else AFTER the baby is born or before you're pregnant. Get a little distance. And also, having had 2 of them, I was so out of it, I had trouble on focusing on anything until they announced the time of live birth. September 7, 12:12pm. In that moment, I remembered that my son had been born October 7, 12:12pm, almost 7 years earlier.

I remember asking my husband to sing the song the anesthesiologist had been singing when my son was born (he was weird, I liked him) and I asked the nurses to count her fingers and toes. I don't think I could have focused on anything as far away as the mirror would have to be to see the operation.
                "I'm starting to see a pattern in the men I date" - Miss Piggy, Muppet Treasure Island

I'm writing!! Check out the blog.

Comment

Yeah, I liked my anesthesiologist, too. In fact, I proposed marriage to him when that painkiller hit my system.

Everyone laughed when I did that. I reckon they mistakenly thought I was kidding.

Comment

polyandry! I'll probably have to write out papers saying that anything I say during labor isn't binding, legally or otherwise. I'm the type to be high-strung when stuff's happening, there's nothing I can do, there's no good way to control it, and I *hates* it, and have time and space to think in any way shape or form about it. ... Like labor. Gah. Lots of cursing. Lots of "OMGWHYYYY~" Lots of "WE ARE DIVORCED I HATE YOU."
                    Thankfully, BF loves/goes for the insane girls. Literally. Crazy. I'm the closest to sane he's ever going to get, and we know each other well.
                    EDIT: these papers will cover stuff like in the original post: procedures will be followed, and if I say "no drugs for c-section," then everyone else can happily ignore me.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                      Yeah, I liked my anesthesiologist, too. In fact, I proposed marriage to him when that painkiller hit my system.

Everyone laughed when I did that. I reckon they mistakenly thought I was kidding.
                      My Dad's an anesthetist. I'll be pulling him out of retirement when I have my kid, coz he's the best.
                      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Teh: Bub had a bath, and the ENTIRE NICU team looking after her for an hour til her fever went down. Was hard on my mom.. cause she worked in the NICU and was in fact supposed to work the day I gave birth. When I went into labor, she raced to work to tell them she wasn't going to be in and that they may have another baby in the unit for a bit. We got lucky, her fever cleared and she knew how to breastfeed like a pro (some baby don't know how to latch on)

Meconium staining tends to happen if the baby is overdue, which she was

Comment

This is why before the induction was even started, my doctor, husband, and I all talked about what could/would happen and what I wanted. I had all the consent forms signed even, so when my doctor told me it was c-section time (narc OD and 30 hours of contractions with ZERO dilation) there was no discussion. Of course, I was pretty much unconscious by that time. My husband watched the whole thing, from first cut to J being pulled out, but he's a Ranger medic so he's used to blood and such. I do remember being pissed that she was born at 3:31pm, not 3:30...LOL

Comment

Having the potential complications and all discussed beforehand is a Very Smart Idea. Including consent forms and so forth.

And yes... a hundred years ago, a lot of us would be dead/insane/in a freakshow/whatever.
                            Seshat's self-help guide:
                            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post

He's probably been proposed to a thousand times already.

Or been told that he's loved.
                              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

My mother tells of being in the recovery room (this was the 50's, when mothers were like the lights in Georgia) LHAO at another new mom, just coming out of twilight asking her hubby:

Tell me about the baaabeee
                                He has ten fingers Thas nice...
                                Ten toes Thas nice
                                Two ears Thas nice
                                Two heads Thas nice...

I'm sure she killed him later.
                                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                                X