Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Zaiida;1033918]When I went to get a dental xray recently, a few people were in the waiting room being told to drink some thickish, white liquid from a smallish bottle. Whatever it was the looks on their faces after the first gulp was I HAVE TO DRINK ALL OF IT?!?! and the look of horror as they swallowed it reluctantly then ran for the water cooler to wash out their mouths. Whatever it was they had to wait 40 minsish before being xrayed so it must have been for an upper intestinal contrast... [QUOTE]

This, this and this. The chalky "liquid" with the consistency of grainy pudding. This. Absolutely most god awful stuff. Tried it with chocolate syrup the first barium x-ray I had. Next time, I told them to just give it to me straight.

I will take prednisone over that stuff.
    Last edited by WoodenSunshine; 05-04-2012, 04:14 PM. Reason: Missed a [

Comment

I'll echo the prednisone tasting shitty. I had mine for bronchitis, and took it with breakfast and a cup of coffee. Hot coffee and prednisone. BRILLIANT

I want to add Nystatin to this list (or whatever the generic for liquid thrush medication is) because my son had to take it back when he was 6 months old and I accidentally got to taste some. No wonder he put up a fight when I gave it to him and tried to spit it out. It tastes like someone liquified burnt-glue and melted plastic into a bottle.

Comment

I can't remember the name of the worst tasting medicine I ever took. I'm not even sure what, exactly, it was for. I think it was for an ear infection. And I think it was somewhat homeopathic, because it looked and tasted exactly like liquid ear wax. (Or, at least, what I assume liquid ear wax would taste like.) It was so vile, I couldn't bring myself to finish it.

Comment

That sounds like Otex ear drops...aren't they a kind of gold colour? I can't remember. Smelled...interesting, but thankfully you aren't supposed to eat them, you plonk them in your ears...only I once used it for too long and the nurse said 'no wonder your ears hurt, the canals are full of oil!! '

Although am I the only one who finds ear syringing really soothing and comforting and sometimes will giggle through the entire process?
          "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

All this "awful medicine" stuff reminds me of the old joke where a patient complains to the doctor that the suppositories he prescribed taste awful, and he can't swallow them. When the doctor (horrified) tells the patient he's not supposed to take them by mouth, the patient sarcastically answers "Then what am I supposed to do? Stick them up my ass?"
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
              [...], the patient sarcastically answers "Then what am I supposed to do? Stick them up my ass?"
              You laugh, but my gaming buddy who is a pharmacist had a customer who wasn't taking the foil packaging off of their suppositories.
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                You laugh, but my gaming buddy who is a pharmacist had a customer who wasn't taking the foil packaging off of their suppositories.
                I have colleagues who write Unwrap And Insert on the labels for this very reason.

Comment

I have always hated cherry flavored medicine, alcohol free or not. Grape also. Well, nowadays I can't have liquid medicine much cause of it having some kind of sugar I can't have in it (sucrose I think is in some stuff? Not even artifiicial, but my body can't handle it like it was artificial). I just take the pills.
                  Last edited by cashierbex; 05-24-2012, 05:03 PM.

Comment

He's a new one. I accidently swallowed whole my chewable, fizzy vitamin C tablets one morning recently. Damn I had the worst orange burps for the rest of that morning .

Comment

• Quoth Zaiida View Post
                      He's a new one. I accidently swallowed whole my chewable, fizzy vitamin C tablets one morning recently.
                      Here lies the body of Mary Ann Lowder
                      She burst while drinking a Seidlitz powder
                      Called from this world to her heavenly rest
                      She could have waited till it effervesced.

(quoted in "Some Curious Epitaphs", by "Only Johnson" [sic], Machinists' Monthly Journal, May, 1915, page 402)

Comment

Working...
                      X