Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God, you should see all the baked goods Doctor Doom churns out. Brownies, pudding, birthday cakes, cookies. He's like a sorcerous Paula Deen.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
      God, you should see all the baked goods Doctor Doom churns out. Brownies, pudding, birthday cakes, cookies. He's like a sorcerous Paula Deen.
      That Dr. Doom must have a real sweet tooth .

And mine from today.

I was waiting for my interview at the swimming centre I applied for. While that was happening, the kids were going in and out for their swimming classes. One of the little kids had just finished her class and was watching the fishtank by the door.
      Her mum asks her if she's ready to go and do the grocery shopping. Little girl nods. Her mum tells her to say bye to everybody and the girl goes:

"Sorry you can't come with us"

The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I'm in trouble for this one, LOL.

We've been trying to get back into church a bit more, and the first step was to get the kids into Sunday school. Well, Grandma brought them to her church's sunday school last weekend. She was proudly getting them registered, when the teacher turns to my oldest and asks her if she has a Bible.

Kidling looks at her, and in all seriousness says "What's a Bible? Is that a book from Skyrim?"

...I've been hearing about it ever since.
        By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

my cousin has three kids two girls and a boy in that order. I believe the ages are 6 4 3. All three are wonderful kids and beautiful children. The oldest is a little spoiled and attention hungry sometimes but I think she'll grow out of it just fine.

Here's a quote from my cousin's facebook (A is the older one):

A made a bet with E, whoever cries first loses (not specifying any rules) E punches A in the mouth (A cries) E declares "I win" (funny yet sad)
          Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
          Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

More years ago then I care to admit, I had a paper route. Only fifty papers or so, but I covered a good chunk of my town. There were a lot of dogs on that route, and I got into the habit of carrying a bag of dog biscuits with me to distract the dogs with.

One day, my brother and one of his friends were over, either for lunch or after school. Mom had just got in with the shopping and was putting stuff away. On the table was a small box of dog biscuits.

Brother and his friend were either seven or eight at the time.

Brothers Friend: *looking at the box with a confused look* ... Why do you have dog treats when you don't have a dog? *hopeful pause* Do you?
            Mom: Nope, they're for Sakka.
            BF: *eyes get VERY big before loudly exclaiming* You mean Sakka EATS them!? (Narrator's note: What are you trying to say there kid? )
            Mom, after getting her laughter under control: No, they're for any dogs on the paper route.

Comment

My 4 year old son "Seige" homeschools with me in the mornings and afternoons we work on quilts.

He pulled out a basket from my sewing table that has assorted tools in it. He grabbed the screwdriver and started waving it around. Knowing how clumsy he can be, I told him he can either give it to me or put it away himself.

His response was "But mom, I want to screw something!"
              https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Khan's little friend >handing him an action figure<: "Let's play Iron Man!"

Khan >rolls his eyes at action figure< : "That's Warmachine."

(it was)

Comment

Khan's little friend >handing him an action figure<: "Let's play Iron Man!"

Khan >rolls his eyes at action figure< : "That's Warmachine."

(it was)
                  What have you been feeding that kid?!
                  The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

These are fun. Here are three from my kids.

We were visiting some friends, and the girls got into some games to entertain themselves. Daddy joined them, and Wiggles (our oldest) had him playing a game she'd made up with Uno cards and a travel chess board. The card you drew determined how you moved the pieces, kind of like Sorry. Daddy drew a 9 and moved a piece around. Then Wiggles drew a Wild, pointed to it, and started laughing triumphantly. Daddy asked what the card meant, to which she replied, "I don't know."

Another time, our oldest two were playing a game where Wiggles was a shark, and Nudge (our second child, also a girl) was feeding her stuffed animals. This resulted in Nudge exclaiming "I want to feed Wiggles a baby!"

This last is from looking at Christmas lights. It was late, and the girls were quiet. Wiggles suddenly asked, "Nudge, are you awake?" Cue soft voice from Nudge's carseat: "No, I'm asleep."
                    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

My son is 3 and has a speech delay, so he doesn't talk much yet. I have a tablet that I let him play with occasionally and I bought him some toddler and preschool apps.He could care less about those his favorite games are Wheel of Fortune and Angry Birds. His newest expression is "Die Pigs!" and he does surprisingly well at spinning the wheel and picking out letters on Wheel of Fortune.

His little sister is 1.5. Last week DH and I went grocery shopping. I bought a box of donuts that were on sale. We get home and Dh is unloading the trunk while I'm in the kitchen, unloading the bags, putting things in the cupboard. He finishes up, comes inside and notices a partially eaten donut sitting outside the box, asks me what it is doing out, then notices the toddler with glaze covered hands and mouth. I didn't even know that she knew how to get the box of donuts open, let alone pull one out and start eating it while my back was turned.

Comment

LOL, I realized Khan knew how to open the fridge AND put a straw in a juice box when he nonchalantly sauntered past drinking one that I definitely hadn't gotten him.

Another time, our oldest two were playing a game where Wiggles was a shark, and Nudge (our second child, also a girl) was feeding her stuffed animals. This resulted in Nudge exclaiming "I want to feed Wiggles a baby!"
                        >looks at avatar< Well, it seems she has a chance now.

Background: When we play superheroes with Khan, the bad guys are generally trying to take over the city with some non-specified plot, or robbing banks and stealing stuff. We think maybe telling him about Doctor Doom's interest in attempted genocide probably wasn't quite appropriate yet.

Today at the library, Khan got a lollipop as a Valentine's treat at story time. When we came out of the conference room into the general library, this kid who was older, 5 or 6 at least, marched up and demanded, "GIVE ME THAT!"

I said, "No, it's his."

So he tried, "Let me look at it. I just want to see it a second."

Me: "No, and if you try to take it I'm going to find the adult you came with and tell them how you're acting."

Khan: "He's a naughty guy who steals things!"

I thought maybe I should try to explain the difference to him, then I realized there isn't one. That kid WAS a naughty guy who wanted to steal something.

Comment

...and demanded, "GIVE ME THAT!"
                          So he tried, "Let me look at it. I just want to see it a second."
                          What a brat! And a manipulative one at that, too.

Khan: "He's a naughty guy who steals things!"
                          Love it!
                          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I honestly don't know how smart he is, I am not around kids very often other than him. If he is above average it's my husband's genes, he's very intelligent and quick to learn. Unlike me.
                            Um, hi. Long time lurker, first time poster.

As someone that knows both AnaKhouri and Khan, I have to publicly state the following:
                            a) Khan is super smart. I think my sister's kids are smart, but Khan blows them out of the water.
                            b) AnaKhouri, you are smart! And creative... a deadly combination. Adding in your husband's science smarts, Khan will one day take over the world, I'm sure of it.

And now for a silly kid story.

My sister was having a birthday dinner for her oldest son (her kids have an age range of 22 years - 3 years). I wasn't present, but my brother told me about the following exchange:

My mom: See, I'm wearing a shirt that says "someone special calls me Grandma, that means you're all special"

My brother: Don't listen to her, that just means that ONE of you is special.

One of my sister's 7 year old twins confidently points at himself with his thumb.

Comment

I walked in on my two girls mooning the passing cars last night. It was so very hard to keep a straight face while telling them off, explaining why they shouldn't do it and then tucking them into bed and saying good night. I lost it when I was safely downstairs. Tears were running down my face because I was laughing so hard.
                              Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

One of my sister's 7 year old twins confidently points at himself with his thumb.

Khan's superheroes have been going to the library a lot.

Hulk: Hulk wants book about cats!

Abomination: Here's your book. And three baby kittens!

Me: I hope Hulk doesn't try to cuddle the kittens...

(Abomination is apparently a librarian at heart)

Comment

Working...
                                X