Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Christmas Card Exchange! Tallies are closed! Thanks for playing!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This'll be my fourth or fifth year, I forget (fourth, I think). First year running it, so ... fingers crossed
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
      This'll be my fourth or fifth year, I forget (fourth, I think). First year running it, so ... fingers crossed
      I'm trying to remember how long ago it was we started this.

I've been around here for 11 years now and the list started when Mr. Slugger was the owner, which IIRC was either the year I joined (2001) or the following year (2002.) I've been participating every year (did miss one year though) and this is one of the big things I look forward to every year.

But for those of you who haven't joined previously (aka all you Christmas Card virgins) it's a LOT of fun. I love seeing all the different cards coming in from all over the world as well as that mad rush to the post office to get them all stamped and mailed (that kiosk at the entrance is great if nobody's using it.)
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Note to newbs: You might want to have a drop cloth when you open EricKei's.... just sayin'.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I hope to be able to participate this year - have loved it the last 2 years. And I'll have time, since I'm off work for some medical issues right now. As long as the budget allows, I plan on participating - already have the cards purchased.
          That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
            Note to newbs: You might want to have a drop cloth when you open EricKei's.... just sayin'.

^-.-^

Wise words.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post

^-.-^
              When I can finally afford to participate, I am going to send him a glitter bomb of his own....
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

haven't decieded on my cards this year....don't think I can ever top my first year cards...

No glitter from me....but bits of string might work their way in
                It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Just in case you got here by clicking most recent post...go back to the beginning of this thread and sign up!

Comment

WOOT!!! first to sign up!!!

erm I mean good job ^^ it works!
                    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Second...

Comment

Damn, you guys beat me! I knew I should have signed myself up before I updated the thread!

Comment

The thread is now stickied.

And yes, I'm rushing over to sign up right now.

I think I'm #4 on the signup list. Or 5 if BSE remembered to sign herself up.
                          Last edited by DGoddessChardonnay; 10-11-2012, 04:19 AM.
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I'm all signed up. Now to see if I can find affordable cards, or make the time to make them.
                            The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

And then there were Seven.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

would it be bad form to put my business card in with the christmas cards? You guys can say no :P

Comment

Working...
                                X