This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
    I'm one of those lucky souls who has never broken a bone, despite taking my share of bumps and bruises over the years...hell, I had an air conditioner fall on my head as a kid, and somehow survived. I remember tons of blood, but oddly no pain.
    You do realize that you just guaranteed a broken bone in your near future? That's the way the universe works

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
      You do realize that you just guaranteed a broken bone in your near future? That's the way the universe works
      Haha, I was thinking that, but I have also never broken a bone. So now we'll both break something. I feel like I might have unknowingly broken my pinky toe multiple times growing up. Our phone was on the kitchen bar/counter. There were two bar stools, they were heavy wrought iron with twists coming out from the base. I tried to find some similar to show you, but they all look so dainty compared to the ones we had. Anyway, the phone rings and you run for it and OH GOD THE PAIN...
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
        ... broken my pinky toe multiple times ... bar stools... you run for it and OH GOD THE PAIN...
        .. a toe that looks like a diced beet ...
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I had my first "official" break a couple of years ago (I say that because I've had suspected breaks before on my pinky finger from irrational anger at my computer and on my nose from an unfortunate literal run-in with plate glass and my glasses smashing against the bridge of my nose). I managed to catch my pinky toe just perfectly underneath the bathroom scale and trip, twisting the toe and causing a spiral fracture. I didn't realize I'd broken it until I tried to put my shoe on and realized it just wasn't happening. The toe was obviously misshapen but I thought it was just from the pain.

Luckily it was my last day of work before a week of vacation, so I just called off that night. Went to urgent care and the break was confirmed with x-ray. I was sent home with a flat-bottomed boot that I wound up sleeping in because I was so scared of snagging my toe on my blankets in the middle of the night, a pair of crutches because I was having difficulty bearing weight on the foot even with the boot on (only needed the crutches for the first few days till the worst of the pain subsided), pain medication that mostly kept me asleep for the first week, and a referral to an orthopedist to make sure I didn't need surgery (I didn't; by the time I could get in the break was healing with a subtle twist in the toe).

Went to a concert the next night loopy on pain meds. And my birthday was a couple of days after that. I swear my birthdays are unlucky...I always wind up sick or have something else go horribly wrong. This year it was massive flooding throughout my state that actually postponed the start of my spring classes for nearly a week.

Comment

My brothers name can be a first or last name, But the common spellings of them are different.

His first name is spelled like the last name. Far too often though people use the first name spelling.
            I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Quoth sirwired View Post
              Yeah, broken pinky toes suck. When I broke mine, I didn't even all Mom for advice, much less a doc... Elevation , my Kindle, and some spare opiates and all was well.
              Years ago, I broke my big toe by dropping a 5-lb bag of frozen chicken on it. The toe turned all sorts of glorious colors.

But, a week later we grilled and ate the chicken, so there is justice in the world after all.

Comment

Er....no the mouth got the benefit of the chicken. The toe which suffered heroically is thinking 'don't I get to share in the revenge' ?
                The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Technically it does, the chicken got digested and turned into food for the toe!
                  Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                  X