This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth wolfie View Post
    My understanding, from your description, is that this device allows you to plug in any piece of telephone hardware that would normally be connected to a landline. Is this correct? If so, can it be used with a fax machine? This would be GREAT in the trucking industry, where it's necessary to do a lot of faxing - would avoid the need to stop at a truck stop to do it.
    Yes, that is how the device works BUT I don't believe you can use it with Fax machines sadly.

Quoth Argabarga View Post
    Keep in mind, corporate policy probably doesn't LET him say what he wants to, and if he did, they'd win by getting their refund due to a "rude rep".

Now me? I'm only constrained by my rapidly-failing internal filter.
    And that's why I envy you.

You're spot on here of course. I might be a manager but even my calls get listened to from time to time by the higher ups so I need to do my best to keep it professional. In certain instances where a customer is getting especially abusive, belligerent or uncooperative I can be a little firmer/strict with them but I still can't outright tell them off or get really snarky, even if I really REALLY want to. That being said, I'm prety sure I'll snap one of these days.
    Last edited by CrazedClerkthe2nd; 06-24-2016, 04:47 PM.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
      Yes, that is how the device works BUT I don't believe you can use it with Fax machines sadly.
      As FAX machines are analog, they don't tend to work with the lossy compression algorithms used by cell networks and VOIP systems. Wolfie, you might want to look into using a camera/scanner and an email to fax service.

That being said, I'm prety sure I'll snap one of these days.
      If you are going to do it, do it right. Make it a good story when you go.
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth Crai View Post
        Guilty!!

Its a bad bad day if I get them on my skin or ingest them.
        WoooHoooo! I'm not the only one! Breathing is really my favorite thing to do, so I go to great lengths to avoid them.
        At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Is THAT why my Commodore 64 couldn't dial any BBSes through mine?

Comment

Working...
          X