Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thank you for not letting my house blow up.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you for not letting my house blow up.

Yesterday, just after noon, there is a knock at my door and it is the Gas meter reader. "Your meter is running awfull fast, you may have a leak!"

We all saw that building in New York on the news that just blew up Monday, right?

After we couldn't find any leaks, I had him turn it off at the meter and called my plumber. It took us a couple hours, but we tracked it down under the house and realized the reason we could not smell it was that it was too close to the back access door to under the house I don't use anymore since I put in a trap door in a closet.

This morning we fixed half of it, capped the other half (we will need to run a new line to the dryer, but I can live without laundry for a couple days, but not my shower ).

So, a thank you to a meter reader for going above and beyond to let me know I had a leak, it would have been a month before I got my next bill and since mine is averaged, I might not have noticed the increase in gas at first and that is assuming I was still here to get that bill.
    "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"
Working...
X