This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do I trust you?

Anyone remember the guy I posted about here: http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=27102

Well he finally got his act semi-together. Got some new people on the job, started working. A few weeks back he sent a projected schedule that had us working on his job Tuesday June 17.

Well the schedule turns out to be where I have him on Wednesday June 18. Not too bad I thought. He calls last week asking about Tuesday, and I told him I only had Wednesday open.

He cussed, he screamed, he acted like a child. "When I send a schedule I want to stick to it, and if you knew it would be a different day you should have told me"

1. It's construction. You want to know how often someone sticks to a schedule? Maybe 40% of the time in my 7 years here.

2. He hasn't made a date yet, why would I assume he'd make this one?

3. I like the other guy who wanted Tuesday a lot better.

But I digress, I called the other guy, Mike, and asked how he was doing. Well, he might not make Tuesday, he's having some problems, but is 75% sure he'll make it. So I ask if he would mind moving to Wednesday. No problem.

So I set up the idiot for Tuesday, and the nice guy for Wednesday. Talked to both before 9 this morning, and all is well at both sites.

If that were the end of this would I be posting? Of course not.

I get a call 20 minutes ago from the idiot. Apparently he has pissed off the local police and politicians. And they have shut his job down, and he doesn't know when it's coming back.

I had trucks on the road, I had people set up. Now I've had to cancel everything. And the worst part? The nice guy would have been ready for tomorrow.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

You might be able to file suit against him for loss of income, if you had any sort of agreement on paper. I'd probably just chalk this one up to a lesson on listening to your gut instincts when they tell you something. That really sucks, Matt.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Well thankfully they offered to cover any costs we incurred for the late cancellation.

But then of course they wanted us to bend over backwards and get it back on for today at 4:00.

Then at 5:00 they decided they'd like Saturday

Comment

Working...
      X