Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to physically restrain her untiil the cops arrive, after all it's attempted assault with a weapon (her cane).
    Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

I hate these people so much! I hope her dog gets taken away!

Comment

our RIDICULOUS policy not allowing me to call anyone in regards to the car
        So if there was a baby in the car instead of a dog, you wouldn't be able to call for that either?

I'd love to hear that policy explained.

I'd be calling the cops too. Screw stupid store policy. That is an unacceptable thing to do to a living, breathing being.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Ohhh, I know several Animal Control officers who would love to beat that woman to a bloody pulp. Every year we have dogs die because they're left in cars or outside with no shade or water.

On a hot day last year one of the officers got called to a parking lot on a dog locked in a car. A crowd started to gather around- the owner must have been notified inside the store, because she came storming out, full of unrighteous indignation. The ACO pointed out that there wasn't even any water in the car for the dog- the woman replied, "well, yeah there is!" and grabbed a fast food cup of melted ice- with the lid still on.

What a dumb bitch.

People don't realize (or don't care) that dogs don't have sweat glands all over their body like humans do, and can't regulate their temperature as easily. On a hot day, the temperature inside a car rises so quickly, even with the windows open, that just a few minutes inside can be fatal.

If I ever have to take my dog with me in the summer, I carry a spare key so that I can lock the door but leave the AC running.

On a semi-related note, if you want to witness a world of SC's, EW's, and general wastes of carbon-based life forms, work for animal control. I'm talking about the public, not the officers.
          Ah, tally-ho, yippety-dip, and zing zang spillip! Looking forward to bullying off for the final chukka?

Comment

Unfortunately, it's a regular occurrence around here every summer. That, along with babies getting left in car, too.

Here in ABQ, it's usually around 100F, I think it got up 95F today. Down in Las Cruces, it was 104F, tomorrow it's going to be 106F. And the last two weeks of June are the hottest....not to say that it won't be hot after that. (We usually don't start to cool down until late September.)

Anybody that's lived here more than one summer would know this, but, for some reason, these idiots forget over the winter. You see the same damn stories over and over.
            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Where in the world could you possibly work that you are forbidden to make emergency calls?
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Nakajo View Post
                Due to our RIDICULOUS policy not allowing me to call anyone in regards to the car
                There's the loophole - You're not calling about their car....

Comment

Due to our RIDICULOUS policy not allowing me to call anyone in regards to the car...
                  It is illegal for anyone to deny the right for legal action, either to defend yourself or another. The company policy can prevent you from calling on a misdemeanor parking violation, but with an animals life at stake it now enters the felony area. Company policy cannot have any effect there.

They can try to argue otherwise, but it would be a huge legal blunder to do so.
                  *There is no greater gift than to be reborn with every heartbeat*
                  *Grudges should only be held for as long as it takes to deliver a proper vengence!*

Comment

I've never understood the urge some people have to take their dog with them everywhere they go.

Comment

This is one of those circumstances where cellphone cameras are just a brilliant advance in modern technology. I'd have been breaking the window too - hesitating just long enough to get a shot of the dog in the state it was in, panting away like that, before breaking it.

To CMA should the SC try to lay some kind of property damage claim, and also to prove what condition the dog was in for SC animal cruelty prosecution.

Comment

Quoth Nakajo View Post
                        I REALLY DO.
                        We get that here a lot too, not as hot, but still a problem.

Which is great because while I CANNOT use the PA either. The Police are right down the street. >:3

And I don't tolerate people abusing anything alive that depends on them to live.
                        I am a Blank Space for spacing purposes, ignore me.
                        In order to treat someone as your equal, you first need to believe both: that they are your equal, and that you are their's.

Comment

Quoth jerkface11 View Post
                          I've never understood the urge some people have to take their dog with them everywhere they go.
                          I take my dog almost everywhere with me. But I do NOT leave him in a hot car-- I leave him occasionally for under 5 minutes with the engine running and AC FULL BLAST if I MUST do so. He does go most everywhere besides work and shopping at stores that don't allow dogs with me-- vacation, family dinners, hiking, biking, etc. I would just rather do something with my dog than alone, and my dog would rather do something with me than be left alone.
                          My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

hell is not good enough for that miserable excuse for a steaming pile of dung...no wait...thats insulting to the pile of dung.

I LOVE animals...perfer cats but love all animals! I'm a sucker for the big puppy eyes...and while I do run around town with my parent's dogs when I visit, its short jaunts and I ALWAYS leave the windows open at least 2 inches. (would do more but idiots in town like to reach in and pet dogs without invitation) 2 seconds or 2 hours I ALWAYS leave the windows open. unless I am just opening the door taking 2 steps dropping letters in the outdoor mailbox, then walking back 2 steps and getting back in the car.

but I have a VERY special place in my backyard for people like this woman who leave dogs unattended in their cars.....its actually my compost heap...interior is oh...about 120 degrees >.> little cooler then the inside of a car on a hot day.
                            It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Quoth Sarlon View Post
                              I ALWAYS leave the windows open at least 2 inches. (would do more but idiots in town like to reach in and pet dogs without invitation) 2 seconds or 2 hours I ALWAYS leave the windows open.
                              Unfortunately, that really doesn't do any good. The temp still goes up fast in the car. I've tried it, just to see if my car would be a little cooler, with the sun shield. But, no, still hotter than a blister, especially if it's been sitting out in 100F heat all day.

http://www.hsus.org/pets/pet_care/co..._your_pet.html
                              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
                              X