This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth FuzzyKitten99 View Post
    But I still like them anyways! They gave us Def Leppard, so they can't be all bad!
    Yep, and they also gave us various MGs to play with, as well as Austin-Healeys, Jaguars, Triumphs, and other toys Of course they also gave us the short circuit (aka Lucas Electrics)...
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

First:

Dear UK:
      I apologize for the accidental release of a SC. If you would be so kind as to return them on a Titanic like voyage that would be great. If you feel the need to put them on the next bus that the IRA decides to leave a present in....that is ok too.

Second:
      I never understand how people go on vacation to foreign areas and then complain that it is not like home. I always want to say "you dimwit, you left home to be SOMEWHERE ELSE. Different is not bad."

Third:
      I really hate the rabid "OMG I ONLY USES THE PAPER BAGS, BECAUSE I LUVS THE BUNNIES" people. Here are some things to consider.

1) It takes 12 times more electricity to create a paper bag than a plastic bag.
      2) It takes 4 times more fuel to ship the heavier paper bags than plastic.
      3) The paper used to make bags is not as recyclable as the #2 plastic used to make plastic bags. It also take substantially more energy to recycle the paper.

And before anyone points this out, Yes, these numbers take into account that the average paper bag holds twice as much as the average plastic bag. That means that if you were to compare one bag to one bag, the paper bag takes 24 times more energy to create than the plastic bag, and 8 times more fuel per bag. This is because the paper bags are MUCH heavier, and thicker, so they require more space, so one truck carries less paper bags than plastic bags.

Comment

Quoth bob the goat View Post
        I never understand how people go on vacation to foreign areas and then complain that it is not like home. I always want to say "you dimwit, you left home to be SOMEWHERE ELSE. Different is not bad."
        No, different isn't always bad. Unless you're visiting a third-world country, like Alabama, or something But seriously, I've never figured out why people bitch simply because things are done different in other countries. Hello, it's a *different* country, of *course* they're going to do things differently! Either accept it, or go home, asshole!

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
          Yep, and they also gave us various MGs to play with, as well as Austin-Healeys, Jaguars, Triumphs, and other toys Of course they also gave us the short circuit (aka Lucas Electrics)...
          Which brings us in one very short step to the joke (especially popular with Triumph owners):

Q. Why do the British drink warm beer?
          A. Lucas Refrigerators.

(Yes, I know they don't. But it ruins the joke.)

Back on topic. STILL wondering what the SC's nationality has to do with their suck..........

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
            Q. Why do the British drink warm beer?
            A. Lucas Refrigerators.
            Hehe I was thinking of posting that obvious joke, and several lifted from my page. Back on topic, the nationality really doesn't matter. However, many American tourists *are* rude. Not all of them, of course

Comment

yes, thank you uk for the doctor; he's the highlight of my friday nights! *mmm, david tennant goodness, rawr*

um, anyway, she's an idiot, and i'd like to extend an apology for her darkening your doorstep; if i come over and behave that way, shoot me.

SC: *acts like I just told her that her mother wears army boots, starts rummaging thru bag*
              if someone says that to my son, it's a compliment! (i also doubt anyone in her family is smart enough to serve...)
              look! it's ghengis khan!
              Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                Hehe I was thinking of posting that obvious joke, and several lifted from my page. Back on topic, the nationality really doesn't matter. However, many American tourists *are* rude. Not all of them, of course
                It's a matter of distance, Protege. America is such a huge honking place, and so separated from the rest of the world (yes, I know about Canada, hush) that, really, the only people who can go overseas are generally the ones with quite a bit of money to spare... and, sadly, assholes tend to have more money since they don't have scruples to hold them back.
                ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Working...
                X