This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• False Accusation?

Hope this is the right place for this...

This happened in my town. Some of you have probably heard it already.

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/busi...d-cake-n558531

Of course, all the facts aren't in yet, but Whole Foods is one of the most "progressive" companies there is so this makes no sense to those of us familiar with them. If this guy did lie about this, that means that he had no concern at all that someone might actually lose their job over this, or that a company's reputation would suffer tremendously. If this is fraud, then it's pretty damned low-down.
    Life's too short to drink cheap beer

I am leaning towards fraud. every time I have ordered a cake somewhere, the baker opens the top and shows it to me before they let me take it. Granted I've never ordered one at Whole Foods, but most things like that get approved before the customer takes it. Also, it's in a container with a large window. You're telling me that not ONE time, did you glance down at it before you left the store? Not one time?

Comment

Quoth seigus View Post
      If this guy did lie about this, that means that he had no concern at all that someone might actually lose their job over this, or that a company's reputation would suffer tremendously. If this is fraud, then it's pretty damned low-down.
      Why should he care? He wanted publicity and to make a point, and many people will still stand with him even if it is proven to be a hoax.

My faith in humanity is so low, I'm actually quite surprised when people do the right thing.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

If you watch the video, he looks down at the cake more than once, and there are other factors as well. I'm not just leaning toward fraud, I'm falling over on it. It seems premeditated to me. He's getting slammed online, and it doesn't look good for him.

Comment

Quoth seigus View Post
          If you watch the video, he looks down at the cake more than once, and there are other factors as well. I'm not just leaning toward fraud, I'm falling over on it. It seems premeditated to me. He's getting slammed online, and it doesn't look good for him.
          Good! I can't watch the video at work, so I can't see that, but I have heard whole foods is counter suing and I hope they win!

Comment

So many people stating the handwriting is the same and so is the icing. The lettering is in caps and they probably sell the same colors of icing they use in the bakery. Not to mention the lettering doesn't really look bakery professional - all caps and not a flowing cursive font.

Another person wanted to know why "Love Wins" was along the top - guess they never heard of the customer asking for it that way or the customer was going to customize it themselves.

Then there is the fact that you could see what was written on the cake through the top. If the guy is so upset over the cake why did he buy it in the first place.

The guys is so full of it. Whole Foods should take him for everything and get a public apology.
            Last edited by Cia; 04-20-2016, 10:08 PM.
            Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Snopes: http://www.snopes.com/2016/04/18/who...e-controversy/

Comment

Even if a Whole Foods employee did this, I don't see why the company should be penalized for a rogue employee. And if they didn't and this is a hoax, that man should be defrocked, or whatever they do to pastors.

Comment

Quoth Aria View Post
                  Even if a Whole Foods employee did this, I don't see why the company should be penalized for a rogue employee. And if they didn't and this is a hoax, that man should be defrocked, or whatever they do to pastors.
                  It sounds like an independent church. He probably can't lose his ordination if he doesn't belong to an overseeing organization, but he might lose his state whatever the equivalent of licensure is that lets him perform marriages. I'm not sure how that really works since pretty much anyone can open a church and call themselves a pastor.

I think he's full of shit. Trying to get attention and maybe a quick settlement. He didn't count on Whole Foods countersuing.
                  They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Yup. He figured the social media mob would make Whole Foods cave and give him big bucks.

Oopsie doodle.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Whole foods has apparantly counter sued

Comment

Good for them (Whole Foods, in this case). I agree that the offensive word was added later. It's clear that a different, smaller tip was used and the letters were not made by the same hand that piped "Love Wins". I watched the security footage, and yea, guy looks right down at the cake several times during check out. No way he'd have missed it if the third word was already on the cake.

Any bets on how long it'll take the guy to try and spin this whole thing as 'anti-LGBT' discrimination on the part of Whole Foods because they counter-sued him instead of caving to whatever outrageous demands he no doubt had lined up? You know, since this original attempt at accusing them of the same thing has blown up in his face.
                        You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Sadly we're going to be (and already have been to be honest) seeing a lot more of this. It's a new twist of the old whiplash con that's been fueled by people thinking that a minority status means claims can't be questioned and a media playing right into it.
                          I AM the evil bastard!
                          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

^ This so much.

Comment

And now perhaps a light shines on the motive...

http://www.mystatesman.com/news/busi...uit-ove/nq8WG/

Comment

Working...
                              X