X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diners Find Insults on Restaurant Receipt

Diners Find Insults on Restaurant Receipt

This one happen just down the road from me. I ate there when they first opened.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
    Diners Find Insults on Restaurant Receipt

This one happen just down the road from me. I ate there when they first opened.
    Mmm. The restaurant should have taken the complaint more seriously and maybe it wouldn't have escalated. However, complaining about how the rice is served makes the customer sound like an insufferable twat. Still, putting the feeling in writing is not a good way to handle that... :P

Comment

If you want authentic Chinese food, go to China. You might find something close in a Chinatown. Definitely not at a mass market chain. This is Americanized Chinese.

Several year ago, before the In-Laws moved closer, the church they belonged to hosted a Japanese lady. I think that she was some sort of Goodwill/missionary exchange or something. Someone in the group had the bright idea to take her to a Benihana's. Apparently, the lady was a descendant of royalty. How dare they serve her "peasant rice". And they insult the Japanese culture with their cheap "dinner show." They should have taken here for Italian.

Can't say how big an ass the customer was, but for a higher end restaurant, the "joke" was completely out of line, and it sounds like the manager did a poor job too.
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
        If you want authentic Chinese food, go to China. You might find something close in a Chinatown. Definitely not at a mass market chain. This is Americanized Chinese.
        The restaurant in question is not a chain. It is run by the former chef of the Chinese Embassy who is from China. But the menu has been Americanized.

Comment

My favorite comment: I'd like my rice served in a plaid bowl please.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Peter Chang’s Arlington restaurant to fire the master chef’s daughter, 3 others after servers insult diners.

Comment

"...others saw both sides..." That's me. It irritates me when customers tell businesses how to operate, but leaving insults on a check is so rude. The whole thing was unnecessary.
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
              X