This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
    AGAIN with the cookies! I know it isn't just because they're free. I've offered to give you boxes of them from the shop, you still whine for FRESH ONNNNNEEESSS. Yesterday one of you came up and asked at 10:47pm at night. Sure I'll be HAPPY to miss my bus and have to get home 90 minutes late just to make more cookies for your entitled ass.

I now have a new name for you. You are the Cookie Monsters. And you're not blue and cuddly either.
    We have to make fresh cookies at my hotel too. I swear the only reason they do it is some sort of psychology experiment. I've gotten a wide range of reactions.

-OOOOH COOKIES!
    -Oooh, cookies! (More subdued, but still pleasantly surprised. I don't mind this reaction.)
    -I've had one guest sniff the cookies.

I'm sure there's more, but I can't remember them all.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
      I admit to being a Cookie Monster. But a lesser sort--I do remark on the cookies, and I will take one when I wander by, but I won't pester the folks in the lobby about them!!
      Oh yes, I love fresh cookies, but they are a privilege, not a right. The demanding guests should be ashamed of themselves.

You could always offer them computer cookies.

I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
        i second eric, seems like they knew you were regulars based on record and saw how nice you where and said 'for one night, or half a night now, I can give them a discount'
        Go figure...I would have never considered us to be regulars based on only 15 to 20 stays over 10 years. Of course, I know that records are kept and mom isn't the sort to get noise complaints or leave the room trashed. She sleeps there and showers there and that's about it.

I did go for the second glass of wine. I'm going to assume that the clerk or manager cut us a break and be happy for it. I certainly won't ask or expect it to happen again.

Comment

You may be a regular guest, but we have no interest in your bowel habits.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
            -I've had one guest sniff the cookies.
            That was probably me. Sorry about that. I need to know if there's coconut in the cookies, so I tend to sniff strange cookies before eating.
            Trust me, *I* can smell the coconut. It's showed up in some very odd places.

You do NOT want to know what happens.

I'm always very careful to not *touch* the cookies, just get close enough to sniff them.

Comment

Quoth ladyjaneinmd View Post
              That was probably me. Sorry about that. I need to know if there's coconut in the cookies, so I tend to sniff strange cookies before eating.
              Trust me, *I* can smell the coconut. It's showed up in some very odd places.

You do NOT want to know what happens.

I'm always very careful to not *touch* the cookies, just get close enough to sniff them.
              Could also be my mother-in-law - she's Celiac, and can't have the cookies (or the bread or...), but she still loves the smell. Though I don't know that she's ever sniffed a public plate of cookies before - she normally just sniffs the family's deserts.
              Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Quoth Sparklyturtle View Post
                Sometimes being a loyal customer does come in handy.
                When we go to the beach in the summer, we stay at a motel that a really nice couple owns. We picked that particular place because it's next door to the condo my brother and his family stays in. We did explore the idea of getting a condo big enough for all of us, but everything was either too pricey or too far away.

The wife is apparently one of those rare people who remembers everyone they come in contact with. When I called for a reservation the second time, she remembered me as soon as I gave my name, including the fact that my brother stays at the condo next door.

She's cut us a break a few times. The quoted rates are for two people, but the one time I made a reservation, I wasn't sure if my son could get time off work or not. She just told me, if he's able to come, fine, and we'd work out the details when we got there. When we showed up with my son, she told me she wasn't going to charge us for the extra person.
                Sometimes life is altered.
                Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                Uneasy with confrontation.
                Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

She's nice, but so are you? She likes having good customers that don't trash things? Wants you to spread word of mouth about her motel?

Comment

Working...
                  X