This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pronoun Problems

I had a caller try and tell me she stayed at my hotel last year and her stay was so crappy that when she talked to the manager, he promised her a comp night. Right. 1. We're sold out so no room available, 2. I'm not authorized to give free nights. Those need to be set up by a manager. 3. We haven't had a male manager since 2013. Front desk supervisors have been female until a couple months ago.

I told the SC just the first two points. If she persisted, I would have presented the 3rd point as well.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

"Some Guy/Girl/Manager" is always extremely generous to the point he/she would probably send the business into bankruptcy for giving away so much free stuff.

Curiously they never seem to have memorable names.

Comment

Unfortunately I'm sure this works just often enough for SC's to continue trying it...

Comment

To quote Daffy Duck...

Comment

it's not "he doesn't have to shoot you now" it's "he doesn't have to shoot me now"

WELL I SAY HE DOES HAVE TA' SHOOT ME NOW!!!!
          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
            WELL I SAY HE DOES HAVE TA' SHOOT ME NOW!!!!
            *fires badly-outdated gun*
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Proof

What I love when watching any of the different judge shows on TV, whenever someone claims some unknown person told them that they could get something months/years later the judge asks for proof in writing.

More than one I heard the judge say, "Even if it on toilet paper written in crayon, that means more than your flapping gums".

Comment

Sorry to play customer's advocate, but my mom always confuses her third-party pronouns because her mother tongue doesn't have gendered pronouns at all. Maybe the customer is just like her.

Or she could be a scammer.
                cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

I remember when I started at the fabric store, we used good old fashioned phones to communicate with different parts of the store. If I needed a manager, I would page over the loud speaker for an MOD to call the cutting counter. Then I'd wait (and wait, and wait sometimes) and finally they'd call. Customers would very often try to claim all kinds of crap at the register. "The women at the cutting counter said..." Because it was so hard to communicate between different parts of the store, it probably worked more than it should have.

Now that we have radios, it's much easier to verify claims. These type of scammers have dropped off significantly. Now, of courses, we also have customer surveys where they can bypass the store completely and corporate will force us to placate them regardless of the blatant lies.
                  Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth cindybubbles View Post
                    Sorry to play customer's advocate, but my mom always confuses her third-party pronouns because her mother tongue doesn't have gendered pronouns at all. Maybe the customer is just like her.

Or she could be a scammer.
                    Possible but unlikely. The lady had no discernible foreign accent and we were both speaking English.
                    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth sirwired View Post
                      "Some Guy/Girl/Manager" is always extremely generous to the point he/she would probably send the business into bankruptcy for giving away so much free stuff.

Curiously they never seem to have memorable names.
                      Sadly that IS the case at my pizza company. Do matter what, no matter how old the complaint, no matter how stupid the complaint, -------- THE SOLUTION:

Give them free shit every time, no questions asked
                      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                        Give them free shit every time, no questions asked
                        At the franchisee's expense, of course...

Comment

Working...
                        X