X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Willy Wonka

http://io9.gizmodo.com/legendary-act...-83-1785907308

Age 83. May he rest in peace.
    Last edited by EricKei; 08-30-2016, 04:19 AM. Reason: Merged two threads - simultaneous posting
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

RIP Willy Wonka

Gene Wilder died from Alzheimer-related complications today.
    He will be missed.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

2016 can seriously go fuck itself.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

My sentiments exactly.
        My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

He's with Gilda now.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

So sad. Was at work when I saw this on fb....:-( 2016 needs to quit, seriously.

Comment

Well, dammit . . .

Comment

Let's not forget about Gene Wilder as Frederick "Fronk-en-steen"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH97lImrr0Q
                Last edited by mjr; 09-01-2016, 01:15 PM.
                Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                  Let's not forget about Gene Wilder as Frederick "Fronk-en-steen"...
                  Shouldn't it be pronounced "Froh-derick?"
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                    Shouldn't it be pronounced "Froh-derick?"
                    That depends on how you pronounce Igor...

Or you could always go with the classic:

(Frederick is helping Inga out of the wagon when they arrive at the castle, while her breasts are "in his face". Igor is knocking on the door using giant door knockers...)

Frederick: "What knockers!"
                    Inga: "Oh, thank you, doctor..."
                    Last edited by mjr; 09-01-2016, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                      That depends on how you pronounce Igor...

Or you could always go with the classic:

(Frederick is helping Inga out of the wagon when they arrive at the castle, while her breasts are "in his face". Igor is knocking on the door using giant door knockers...)

Frederick: "What knockers!"
                      Inga: "Oh, thank you, doctor..."
                      ......BLÜCHER!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                        ......BLÜCHER!
                        <horses whinny off camera>

Comment

A local news station pointed out in covering the story that a lot of Mr. Wilder's stuff was made up and off script. Naturally I'm picturing a poor, misguided director telling Mr. Wilder to "go nuts" and immediately regretting the decision.
                          I AM the evil bastard!
                          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                            A local news station pointed out in covering the story that a lot of Mr. Wilder's stuff was made up and off script. Naturally I'm picturing a poor, misguided director telling Mr. Wilder to "go nuts" and immediately regretting the decision.
                            Mel Brooks was probably fine with it.

Interesting Tidbit: Gene Wilder agreed to do the movie only if Mel Brooks agreed not to appear on camera.

Funny thing is, Brooks still found his way into the movie. The cat screeching when Frederick threw the dart? Mel Brooks. The wolf howling when Frederick, Inga, and Igor are approaching the castle? Mel Brooks. Frederick's Grandfather (off camera)? Mel Brooks.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                              Funny thing is, Brooks still found his way into the movie. The cat screeching when Frederick threw the dart? Mel Brooks. The wolf howling when Frederick, Inga, and Igor are approaching the castle? Mel Brooks. Frederick's Grandfather (off camera)? Mel Brooks.
                              And take a closer look at the gargoyles.
                              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                              X