This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right, that's MUCH better.

I'm not sure if this counts or not but I'm gonna post it anyway.

Before my bagging days I worked as a reporter/columnist in a local new paper. One of my duties was to type up the police blotter. So one day I get a phone call.

SC: Hapless innocent who I slandered.
    ME: The "I" in the previous description.

SC: I wanna complain.
    ME: Okey doke, What seems to be the problem?
    SC: They said your the son of a B---- who types of the police blotter.
    ME: I am that son of a B----, yes.
    SC: My name's Druggy Mc Dugglestein. You said I was arrested for 'possession of crack with intenet to sell'.
    ME: Oh...yeeeeeessss....

Now I'm a bit worried here because I've never actually got anything wrong before, not in the police blotter anyway. I just knew I had wrongly accused this poor guy of a horrible crime and that he was going to sue.

ME: I'll have to check the report the police gave me, but I'm assuming you didn't get arrested for possesion of crack with intent to sell?
    SC: F--- No!
    ME: I very sorry...
    SC: It was powder coccaine.
    ME: Uh...oh...kay...
    SC: What are you gonna do about it?
    ME: Well...I'll be sure to post a retraction and apology in the next issue.
    SC: All right then, (Sounding pleased) Thank you.
    ME: Uh..noooo problem.

So we did, we ran a retraction and gave our sincerest apologies for calling Mr. Drugglestein a crack dealer when he was really a coke dealer. I'm sure a heavy burden has been lifted from his shoulders.
    "Sometimes, I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion!"

TOO FUNNY. Great post!

Comment

It sounds like people who argue about Coca-Cola and Pepsi
      Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

Quoth Kyree View Post
        hey, Pepsi really does taste better. Coke's blind taste-tests proved it.

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
          Hehe, sorry. I just don't like either of 'em. Mt. Dew for the win.
          Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

Probably didn't want to get yelled at by HIS sucky customers for running false advertising in the paper. An upgrade from crack to coke when you dont' actually have crack would be considered a bait and switch.

Comment

Well he has a reputation to maintain.
              "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Kyree View Post
                There are definite differences in these two products.

And, I would imagine, quite the difference between rock and powdered cocaine.
                "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Only if you like syrupy sweet colas. Bleh. Give me my acidic Coke!
                  "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                    Well he has a reputation to maintain.
                    That he does.

Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I prefer Coke. Pepsi's far too bland. Of course, there's usually rum in it anymore.

That poor guy! He's running a business and you guys were advertising incorrectly for him. I can only imagine the customer service nightmare he had when a bunch of people wanted crack. And he can't pawn them off on a coworker or manager!
                      Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Just imagnine what his SC's must have been like!

Comment

I can't imagine what kind of clientèle this guy has to demand a change in the paper to change from possession with intent to sell crack to cocaine.
                          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Kyree View Post
                            Hehe, sorry. I just don't like either of 'em. Mt. Dew for the win.
                            Quoted for truth. *stops at the store everymorning before work for a 1ltr bottle of the sweet, green liquid*

On a side note, try Mt. Dew and vodka sometime. I call it a 'Dew Driver.'
                            Some people are like slinkies,
                            They don't really serve a purpose,
                            But they still bring a smile to your face
                            When you push them down the stairs.

Comment

Quoth Danjo View Post
                              u didn't get arrested for possesion of crack with intent to sell?
                              SC: F--- No!
                              ME: I very sorry...
                              SC: It was powder coccaine.
                              Well, yes, 1) crack gets much longer sentences, and 2) allegedly only rich white folk do powder coccaine. I suppose he doesn't want to offend his clientele?

Comment

Working...
                              X