Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Where's the pottery?" oh come off the pot!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Where's the pottery?" oh come off the pot!

This thread really requires a photograph to fully understand, but I wanted to post it before I forgot (again....).

STUPID customer: Excuse. me. Where's the pottery?

Me: (There's no way I heard him correctly) I'm sorry. Where's the what?

SC: The pottery that's on sale. Where is it?

(Please note my member title. We are an office supply store. We do not now, nor have we ever, nor WILL we ever carry pottery of any sort, unless you count the occasional decorative ceramic Post-It dispenser or somesuch thing.)

Me: Um....we don't sell pottery, sir.

SC: Yes you do!!! There's a sign over there advertising 50% off pottery!!!!

Me: Where's the sign?

SC: Over here!

I followed him to the alleged sign.....and it was all I could do not to laugh in his face.

Just outside our copy and print center there's a four sided cardboard display stand advertising various types of print services we offer. One side, headed in BIG print "CUSTOM SIGNS" had a generic sample on that just happened to say "50% off all pottery." Next to it was a size chart. This is where a picture would help, but suffice it to say, it should have been obvious that it was a sign within a sign and wasn't actually an ad for a pottery sale.

I explained this to him.

SC: Huh......well it didn't really make sense that you guys would sell pottery.......

OK, let's examine all the ways you failed here:

1) You mistook a sample piece for an actual sale sign.

2) You thought it didn't make sense, yet you cast all doubt aside and drove on regardless, and

3) You asked someone in the electronics department, who has nothing at all to do with pottery even if we DID sell it!

Fail. Fail. Spectacular fail!

I'll try to remember to snap a picture with my cell phone tomorrow.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

*giggles* Poor guy...wonder why he needed the pottery.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
      *giggles* Poor guy...wonder why he needed the pottery.
      Because it was 50% off! It's such a steal! HE HAD TO HAVE IT!

Comment

Oh man, that's great!

You should have broken open one of the electronics and handed him a resistor, since it's covered in ceramic and all.

Comment

Yeah, I was wondering what the big deal was about the pottery too, why he seemed so excited about it. But I guess when SC's see sale signs they don't care what crap they buy.
          It's been a long, long, long, long time...

Comment

Please don't tell me people are THAT dumb....
            Know why it's called the American "Dream"? 'Cause you have to be asleep to believe it! --George Carlin

Comment

Quoth Alexandra View Post
              Ok, we won't tell you. It'll just have to come as a surprise.
              "I'm not a crazed gunman, dad, I'm an assassin... Well, the difference being one is a job and the other's mental sickness!" -The Sniper

Comment

Heehee. I've actually hung around CS for quite a while, just don't show up a lot anymore. So I know how stupid people can get!
                Know why it's called the American "Dream"? 'Cause you have to be asleep to believe it! --George Carlin

Comment

Quoth Custard Chick View Post
                  Because it was 50% off! It's such a steal! HE HAD TO HAVE IT!
                  Absolutely. I know people like this. If it's on sale, they're convinced they're going to save money by buying things that that don't need/won't use.
                  Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Maybe he knows someone who collects pottery and had a Birthday coming up? Who knows and who cares, why he was excited about it.
                    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I would blame the chemicals in the air & water, but this guy is obviously under-fertilized...

Back into the pot you go!
                      *There is no greater gift than to be reborn with every heartbeat*
                      *Grudges should only be held for as long as it takes to deliver a proper vengence!*

Comment

Quoth Alexandra View Post
                        People ARE that dumb. Sorry. It's a sad and ugly truth, but a truth you need to know.
                        "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

He should've gone to Stoner's Pot Palace.

Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                            He should've gone to Stoner's Pot Palace.

That place flagrantly falsely advertises. They have no shame.
                            Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

hahaha, This exact same thing happened to my supervisor at our Staples store also, only the old lady he talked to called us out for false advertising!

Comment

Working...
                              X