Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speak of the devil. US Airways just dumped a crap ton of people and stranded them in Vegas and Phoenix. This is quite literally a nightly occurrence. Christ, how do they stay in business?

The tickets must be $20 a pop.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
      Speak of the devil. US Airways just dumped a crap ton of people and stranded them in Vegas and Phoenix. This is quite literally a nightly occurrence. Christ, how do they stay in business?

oddly I've never dealt with a distressed passenger from US Airways... then again... does US Airways even fly into SLC
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth TheSnakeLady View Post
        Probably the worst hotel experience I ever had was due to an airline voucher. After the airline kept us at the airport for 10 hours waiting for the plane to be ready, they finally admitted defeat and sent us to a hotel.

After getting to the hotel and looking forward to finally getting some sleep... the fire alarm goes off... We all file out of the hotel and spend about an hour standing around outside waiting before they let us back in. Apparently there was a bomb threat (Pre-9/11). The result was less sleep than before, plus the room service vouchers the airline gave were no good because room service was now closed. Ugh.
        Sorry for your bad experience. In defense of my profession, however, a hotel can not control the bad poo you went through at the airlines. The fire alarm was inconvenient but better then being blown up I think.

We had a fire alarm go off about 3am becuse some drunk guy from a wedding party thought it would be wise to light a cigar in the hallway. Now only was that sooo not the hotel's fault, but the people who were standing there with him & watched him do it & then run away into the parkinglot wouldn't fess up who did it. And to think, there was a camera pointed at all their pretty little faces. The hotel was booked solid that night...and I nearly lost my mind over this asshole and his cigar.
        When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

USAir is the worst of the worst. The absolute bottom-of-the-barrel.

I cringe when someone says their flight is delayed and pull it up and see it's USAir.

Funny, I got some calls last night from a couple of our group clients who are stranded in Phoenix because of USAir.
          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
            Funny, I got some calls last night from a couple of our group clients who are stranded in Phoenix because of USAir.
            Yep, they dumped people Phoenix and Las Vegas last night. I was finding rooms for em for half the night.

Did they get vouchers? The vouchers led to us. -.-

Comment

The ones I talked to didn't mention vouchers. They were just crying that they wanted another flight, and there were no other flights to be had.

Despite being told this by airline personnel and by me, there really WE'RE flights, you see. We just were lying to them because we WANTED them to be stranded.

Wash - Rinse - Repeat.
              "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

The ones I talked to didn't mention vouchers. They were just crying that they wanted another flight, and there were no other flights to be had.
                The airline hands them out to stranded passengers. They were probably too busy whining to take one. ;p

Hmmm, getting calls from Delta now. I like Delta, they're reps are nice and call for the passengers. Which prevents me from having to deal directly with their whining. Air Canada does that too. -.-

Comment

The airline hands them out to stranded passengers. They were probably too busy whining to take one. ;p

Hmmm, getting calls from Delta now. I like Delta, they're reps are nice and call for the passengers. Which prevents me from having to deal directly with their whining. Air Canada does that too. -.-
                  Im really lucky when a whiner calls me with a voucher. We're allowed to tell them to deal directly with the hotel, which I guess is when they call and get you? I'm sorry.

I live in a Delta hub city. They're okay, as long as you don't get one at an overseas call center. Not that they're rude, but sometimes they don't understand many of the more complicated issues.

I've never had much luck with Air Canada. We refer to them as the USAir of the North.

Oh, and we refer to British Airways as the USAir of Great Britain.

Comment

I've never had much luck with Air Canada. We refer to them as the USAir of the North.

Oh, and we refer to British Airways as the USAir of Great Britain.
                    Well, all 11 of our call centers are firmly in Canada. -.-

Air Canada has its flaws but they're pretty good if they fark up and dump you somewhere. It doesn't happen much and when it does its only 1 or 2 people. Unlike US Air where they'll dump 2 or 3 flights worth of people at a time giving us a traffic rush.

Alaska Airline's not so bad either. They actually cover the room sometimes. As does Air Canada.

US Airways and American just give you the little voucher coupon and you're on your own. Some nights are bad. Like Friday or Saturday night in Vegas when most of the hotels are either booked up or unwilling to reserve rooms on discount. Then we end up with hotel rates like $119. So you get dumped off your flight, stranded, and have to pony up $100 bucks if you want to sleep anywhere except the airport.

Comment

American is terrible. Horrific even. But so is US Airways. Not a night goes by they don't strand someone somewhere that I end up having to try and find accommodations for.
                      USAir is the worst of the worst. The absolute bottom-of-the-barrel.
                      US Air was responsible for my worst travel experience ever. Not only did they strand me in Ft. Lauderdale for a night, they actually pulled me off the fucking plane to do so! The woman who did this treated me like a complete criminal, even though the whole cockup was THEIR fault. That woman had no right working with customers, or humans in any capacity, and I hope she eventually got fired for her complete bitchiness. DIE, MONICA TEDESCO, DIE! (Yes, of course I remember the cow's name. Fucking hosebeast.)

To the credit of the women in the baggage area, they helped me find a hotel. Which was good, considering her airline had just stranded me in Ft. Lauderdale. In the beginning of March. Which is SPRING BREAK. She did eventually find me a hotel, though.

US Airways and American just give you the little voucher coupon and you're on your own. So you get dumped off your flight, stranded, and have to pony up $100 bucks if you want to sleep anywhere except the airport.
                      And unlike your unlucky callers, US Air did pick up the whole hotel tab. Didn't rectify my treatment, but at least I got a few beers at a nice bar, a decent night's sleep, and a lovely room service breakfast. (I paid for the beers and breakfast, but that was fine.)

I eventually landed in Vegas a scant three hours and change before I was due at the private party I was performing at. So I had to retrieve my luggage (which got there before me), put in my contacts, rent a car, get to the hotel (which didn't have my reservation), get checked in, get showered, get dressed, and get to the party in that time.

I did it with all of five minutes to spare.

Fuck you, US Air!

Fuck you, Monica Tedesco!

Quoth thehippie777 View Post
                      We had a fire alarm go off about 3am becuse some drunk guy from a wedding party thought it would be wise to light a cigar in the hallway.
                      Hehehehe.....I won't tell you about the time my date pulled the fire alarm at a hotel we weren't even guests at. But she did have a good reason, even though there was no fire.....

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

American is terrible. Horrific even. Not a night goes by they don't strand someone somewhere that I end up having to try and find accommodations for. Usually at least an entire flight's worth of people at a time.
                        Mine was one of those, Dec 20th-ish out of Logan to JFK. Due to transient weather which then turned into a serious airline farkup (don't tell people they will make X connection then hold the plane on the ground for 3 hours for no discernible reason), I counted at least 80 other people from that plane who were trying to find hotels. (props to the Port Authority gentleman who found me an inexpensive-but-nice hotel close by with almost zero notice)
                        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post

Fuck you, Monica Tedesco!

I'm sure there is a very interesting story behind that...

Comment

3 lights if part of a group

Oh, I just got another EW... different variety this time, today I got the "I know the cut-off for my group reservation was 2 weeks ago, but you'll still give me the rate because I'm a frequent guest"
                            I have 3 problems with this guests statement
                            1st- if he were a frequent guest he'd already know what the rules were and wouldn't be asking us to break them.
                            2nd- I checked his frequent traveler number and he had never staid at the hotel he was complaining about not getting the rate at, so that particular hotel owes him nothing (thank you franchising)
                            3rd- he purchased his status, he didn't earn it from frequent stays, so doubly don't owe him (the purchased status is only valid at ONE chain, not all and if you guessed he wasn't asking about the ONE chain, you'd be right)

Comment

Want to hear another nice EW story? I just got off the phone with this whackjob.

Guy calls wanting to find out what a convention price is. This is a special thing that my boss set up with the convention cordinator so they get a nice rate of $79.

EW: ....Can you tell me what your normal rate is?
                              Me: Well, sir, our regular rate is $105, a night plus tax. But since you're with <convention group> you get a special rate of $79.
                              EW: How much will it be for <date though date>? I'm trying toi book a flight see... and would like to know what it is?
                              Me: No problem. *does math* The rate, taxes included, will come to $blah.
                              EW: Can I get a lower rate?
                              Me: *stares into what I imagin to be his face and sticks my tongue out at the phone.* No. (said in the Drop Dead tone)
                              EW: Because I'm trying to book a flight. Is that including taxes?
                              Me: Yes, sir, it's including taxes.
                              EW: I'll call you back after booking my flight.
                              Me: Have a good evening!

I hate when EWs try to get a cheaper rate then their already discounted rate.
                              Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                                EW: Can I get a lower rate?
                                *Cocks head and thinks HARD*

Didn't you get me a cheaper rate than the Convention Rate at the last Hotel I stayed in? You even asked for a room farthest from the noise for me. And they let me check in late when I got there, too. All because of you.

...did that make me an EW that actually got my way?
                                Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Working...
                                X