This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth blas87 View Post
    If there were no children, someone's pets would have to be the flower girl and the ring bearer.
    Flower Girl...?

Ring bearer is usually the Best Man, job done!
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

My husband had tears in his eyes giving the vows, although he denies this now.

There were no children at my wedding. It's not something we said no to, it's just that our guests were kind enough to not bring their children.
      Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

I know this much - no kids at my wedding! Kids are great, but I really don't wanna hear "Mommy, I gotta peeeeee!" in the middle of my vows! (happened at one wedding I went to).
        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          Nothing personal, Freaktard, but you just illustrated yet another reason for getting a DJ instead of a band!
          OK, I admit, that last one was just a bit of hyperbole for comic effect. Of course, I'm glad to talk to anyone after the gig is over, especially if they might have another gig for us.

Also, I think I didn't make it clear that my "band" is a string quartet. We normally play as a prelude to the service as guests are arriving, and sometimes a postlude as the guests are leaving. So we're part of the service, not the reception afterwards.
          Last edited by freaktard; 06-17-2008, 03:53 PM.
          "Wouldn't that be unethical?"
          "That's only an issue for those who aren't already in Hell."
          --Dilbert

Comment

I would say no children, but it seems unfair to say "No kids except my neice and nephew that I love and are well behaved." My reception, however, will probably turn into a big pile of craziness and I may ask kiddies to leave at a certain time. Of course, this is all theoretical at the moment.
            "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
            Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth freaktard View Post
              We normally play as a prelude to the service as guests are arriving, and sometimes a postlude as the guests are leaving. So we're part of the service, not the reception afterwards.
              Ah, see, you didn't make that clear. I thought you were a reception band. For a reception band to not take requests is just ludicrous. I think you would agree with me on that one?

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
              I would say no children, but it seems unfair to say "No kids except my neice and nephew that I love and are well behaved." My reception, however, will probably turn into a big pile of craziness and I may ask kiddies to leave at a certain time. Of course, this is all theoretical at the moment.
              Your wedding, you make the rules. It's not a democracy, it's a dictatorship, and you and your fiance are the dictators. Seriously, you know your niece and nephew are well-behaved, they are your loved ones, you let them in. If you don't want kids in general, make that clear. Anyone who has a major hissy fit over it, well, fuck 'em.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                Ah, see, you didn't make that clear. I thought you were a reception band. For a reception band to not take requests is just ludicrous. I think you would agree with me on that one?
                Yes, I would. Different rules apply at the reception.

(Sorry I didn't make my own involvement clear earlier. I've mentioned my quartet in the forum before, and for some reason it didn't occur to me to mention it again.)
                "Wouldn't that be unethical?"
                "That's only an issue for those who aren't already in Hell."
                --Dilbert

Comment

Working...
                X