This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EXCUSE ME

I was helping a customer out at the front desk at my job and I heard "excuse me excuse me excuse me" (said just like that, no pauses just one after another. I look over and see a girl around 10 years old standing at the key counter (10 feet away). She's hasn't stopped saying excuse me yet, so i speak up and say, "I'll be with you in just a minute". She doesn't even freaking breath just keeps going "excuse me excuse me excuse". At this point i'm more than annoyed and say "I'm with a customer, I'll be with you as soon as I'm free, you need to wait your turn". Guy i'm with says to help them, I thank him and head over. They needed a hole punched in the membership cards (to put on a keychain) so I do that and they run off. A few min later I'm talking with a customer over the counter and "excuse me excuse me excuse me" starts. (on a sidenote, I have quite an interesting pattern of veins on the back of my hand when I clench my hands). I helped her again (more cards to punch) and luckily don't have to help her again.

I swear my parent's would have smacked me silly for doing that, she was yelling that at my from 10 freaking feet away.
    Losing faith in humanity, one customer at a time

What an annoying little SC....and to think how she'd end up when she's older. *shudder*
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
      What an annoying little SC....and to think how she'd end up when she's older. *shudder*
      It'll probably turn into "Excuse me, I need service now!"
      Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

On the plus side, at least it wasn't, "Oi, you!"

Rapscallion

Comment

A similar situation arose when I was a customer. At the time, I was running a small shop in a center by a large grocery/drug store. Several of the employees were regular customers so we knew each other.

One day, I was in the grocery, at a counter that had wallets or something, don't remember, but a clerk I knew was working there and I needed help with something. While she was helping me, a little girl, about age 7, came up. The clerk told the little girl she would be with her in a couple of minutes. As we finished, the girl's father came blustering up, wanting to know why his daughter hadn't been helped. The clerk was surprised (she was naturally very quiet and polite). I told him that she had been helping me. He said that his daughter had been there first and had been ignored. I told him she had not. He fumed, then took his daughter and stomped away. I had a feeling that would not be the end of it.

I asked the clerk the next day if anything had happened. Sure enough, the father had complained. I went down to the store the next chance I had that day and asked for the clerk's manager. I waited until he was free then went through the whole series of events with him. The clerk later told me that nothing came of the complaint since I backed up her side of the story.

That was over twenty years ago. I'm sure that little girl is an accomplished adult EW, thanks to her d-bag daddy, and training the next generation.
          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
          HR believes the first person in the door
          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
          Document everything
          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
          X