This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haha, you have been foiled!

Last week I was in work, it had calmed down a fair amount after the lunch time rush so I was getting on well, not having to rush or anything. I have about 3 tables and have checked on them all. The next thing one of the tables comes up to pay. The rest of the table has left, leaving just the woman to pay. Here's how it pans out.

PD: Me!
    FSC: Foiled Sucky Customer
    CW: A co-worker to the rescue

PD: Was everything okay with your meal?
    FSC: Well, now that you mention it, my husband was not very happy with his meal at all. I'm really not happy about paying this much for it.
    PD *thinking why didn't she say something earlier*: Ok, can I ask what was wrong with the meal?
    FSC: The toppings were not fresh at all. He's left the majority of it behind. Its just that he doesn't like to make a fuss.

Now this, I know to be a lie because when I went to the table he certainly didn't look to be having any trouble eating it!

PD: I'm sorry about th....
    CW: All of our produce is fresh, delivered every other day. No one else who has ordered that today has complained about it.
    FSC: Well, it was disgusting. The taste wasn't right at all.
    CW: I'm afraid there's nothing we can do now. Had you brought it to our attention during the meal then we could have rectified the mistake, but now it is too late to do anything about it.

The woman leaves, clearly put out, but pays the full amount. At this point I go to buss the table and find that one...yes one slice remains on the board. Am so glad she did not receive any discounts for out and out lying. Unfortunately, we tend to get a lot of people just out for a free meal. Its always satisfying to foil one, even if I wasn't much to do with it!

That's what I love about working for an independent pizza place: I don't have to put up with that kind of nonsense.

I think people get it in their heads that all pizza companies, whether it's a major chain or independents, all follow the same policies, thus any complaint however unfounded is rewarded with some kind of freebe. If we did that, we'd go out of business. It's important for us to be able to tell the difference between a legitimate complaint and one played out in the hopes of getting something for nothing.

"Didn't taste right?" Could you please be a little more vague. I notice only one slice of pizza left. It must have been murder for you to gag down the other seven while giving the impression you were actually enjoying it.
    I don't like your attitude!
    Yeah? Well you're not EATING my attitude!

Comment

I hate when customers do that. The supermarket I used to work for gave refunds for almost anything and once a lady walked in and said her ice cream tasted terrible. Like it had been thawed out and then put back in the freezer. Yes, thawed out and apparently it evaporated as well since there was only about a scoop and a half left. It was either that type of scenario or the customer claiming they threw the expired, weird tasting, smelly, etc. item in the trash, yet thought a receipt would be enough to prove it.

Comment

Working...
      X