Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inconvenient truths for the stupid person in charge of the HOA.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inconvenient truths for the stupid person in charge of the HOA.

I should start with an inconvenient truth for me, actually. And that truth is that I must face the fact that the person in charge of the loosely cobbled together covenant on my street is a complete and total idiot.

So, about two weeks ago, I called Animal Control on a pack of dogs that was trying to dig under my neighbor's fence to get at his dog.

Cue this very stupid woman, who is the current head of the HOA on my street, coming over to my house to complain that I shouldn't have called Animal Control because two of the dogs involved belonged to her next door neighbors and had gotten out. Her reasoning is "you don't want to incur bad blood with your neighbors."

1. Like I knew that.
    2. Like it matters.
    3. Fuck her.

My end of the street is having a lot of problems with unleashed and stray dogs. I won't bore you with the pages and pages of incidents, but suffice it to say there have been no fewer than five dog attacks on my street that I know about. Plus, there is a huge dog fighting problem in the area.

Things are getting really bad here.

She didn't know any of this, not surprisingly. So I wrote her a four page document detailing each and every incident that I am aware of and hand delivered it to her, saying that since she was so concerned about all this, she needed to get the HOA on board and "thanks for being so concerned" and "I know you'll want to address this problem immediately."

I know, I'm such a bitch, right?

Anyways, this person who is so concerned about "bad blood" regularly goes up and down the street gossiping and talking smack about the people who live here. Fortunately, she's not exactly known as a credible source.

She now thinks that since she and I had words, my good friend up the street "won't wave at her now." I asked my friend...she does not know what this woman looks like and wouldn't recognize her if she saw her. Nor did my friend know we'd had words.

I guess some people never really outgrow junior high school.

This past weekend, HOA idiot had to go down and talk to someone on our street about problems with their dog getting out. Evidently, a vicious dog got out, went up the street, and wreaked havoc with some of HOA idiot's pets. Nice. How does that karma taste, bitch? I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall for that conversation.

Wonder if she called Animal Control?

Anyways, this is rambling and incoherent, I know. I just can't detail it all out in short form. I just wanted to rant. I think it's kind of delicious that she wanted to come over here and give me grief about trying to keep my neighbor's dog from being attacked, and now she's having to have her nose rubbed right in the problem.
    Last edited by RecoveringKinkoid; 03-26-2012, 01:35 PM.

So, Karma's serving up a nice big batch of humble pie with a side of crow, huh?

The main problem with HOAs is that the people who work to get on the board of an HOA are usually exactly the people you never want in charge of anything.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

When she took that office, I admit I thought she'd do a good job. She'd stuck her nose into my business with other neighbors in the past, but I cut her some slack on that for simply being the sort of person who is trying to keep peace.

I have since had to face the hard facts that she is anything but. I don't see her long in that office. She's not doing anything but sitting on her ass. Which is good, I guess, because every time she leaves the house, she alienates someone.

She actually came over here with a veiled threat of "you don't want to piss off the wrong people."

Really?

My answer to her was "the wrong people are already pissed off."

She really doesn't know me all that well. She's getting schooled right now.

Comment

It's really brilliant how she got a taste of what others are going through.

Hmm, how to lure those dogs back to her place again? Maybe you could spritz her with 'Eu de Bacon' or something...
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

On behalf of someone currently ripping their hair out over their HOA, I'm sorry.

I'm about to go to the HOA meeting next Thursday and suggest firing the guy (and the management company he works for) I've been dealing with.
          Coworker: Distro of choice?
          Me: Gentoo.
          Coworker: Ahh. A Masochist. I thought so.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
            ...I shouldn't have called Animal Control because two of the dogs involved belonged to her next door neighbors and had gotten out. Her reasoning is "you don't want to incur bad blood with your neighbors."
            Yeah, because your neighbour's mutts being allowed to run rampant was fostering SO much goodwill...

I hate people that can't or won't keep proper control of their dogs; I had the unfortunate honour of watching a neighbour's little yapper utterly destroy my host's new kitten once; poor thing was chomped & treated like a rag doll, but managed to drag itself away & hide once I scared the dog off... We never saw it again though, so could only assume it found a quiet place to die Neighbour appeared to be all out of fucks, as none were given.
            This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
            I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
              My answer to her was "the wrong people are already pissed off."
              Oh dang. I literally got a spine chill when I read this.
              By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

i especially like how she thought uncontrolled dogs roaming the street was not a problem... until it affected HER.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                  i especially like how she thought uncontrolled dogs roaming the street was not a problem... until it affected HER.
                  Thank you! Exactly!

What actually happened was that I came out on my deck to investigate a huge racket I hear while I'm upstairs trying to work on something, and lo and behold there is a FUCKING DOGFIGHT on my back deck, inside my fenced and latched yard. They'd dug under the fence and decided to have a cage match three feet from my back door.

So I deal with that, go pick up my kid from school, come home and see the same pack of dogs trying to enter the dude across the street's fenced backyard, where he had his dog fenced in.

So I called animal control at that point before my neighbor's dog was attacked and his property damaged. Something I pointed out to the HOA Genius up the street that I'm sure she'd like done for her if it were HER property and HER pet in danger.

Anyways, because two of these dogs happened to belong to friends of hers, I was in the wrong for calling AC.

Essentially, she didn't stop to consider that

1. There was no way to know what dog belonged to whom. Not that it really would have mattered, in this case.
                  2. I might have a very good reason for calling for help.
                  3. Maybe she's a dim witted moron that doesn't think things through.

Anyways, this person who doesn't want bad blood between neighbors has been running up and down the street shit talking anyone who will listen about me, other people who live here, and people she doesn't even know. It's gotten so bad that if you're talking to someone who lives here and start a sentence with the phrase "(HOA Genius) says..." They automatically roll their eyes because everyone here thinks she's an idiot that says crazy shit.

So it amuses me that her stance is "The avoidance of bad blood."

She brings her ass down here to my house again, it ain't gonna go well for her. It didn't go all that well last time, and I think she's intimidated. And I was actually nicer than she deserved that time, so I doubt she's got the balls to come her ass back down here. She's gonna get herself more bad fucking blood than she wants.

We shall see. I'll keep you posted.
                  Last edited by RecoveringKinkoid; 03-30-2012, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                    The main problem with HOAs is that the people who work to get on the board of an HOA are usually exactly the people you never want in charge of anything.
                    Which is precisely why I want to be sure that any house I buy in the future does NOT have an HOA attached. They are more trouble than they're worth.
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Are there any authorities overseeing the actions of HOAs, or are they merely civil?

Rapscallion

Comment

It's not one of these big formal deals. I never even signed anything buying the house. There are papers, but to my knowledge, nobody's using them to bully anyone.

Basically, it says you won't keep junked cars on your lawn (something that the friends of the HOA Genius who's dogs were out running amok are doing right now, I might add. Evidently, that's okay.), have transients living in camper trailers in your driveway, have lifestock on your property, and let your house and yard fall into disrepair and neglect. No trailers, no animal farms, no junkyards. It's nothing crazy, and everything on it is reasonable.

Nothing on the HOA agreement is actually being broken. So for her to come down here bitching at me is simply her minding someone's business that doesn't' concern her, something she's done on more than once occasion.

She is unfit for her post. Which actually disappoints me.

Comment

yeah it sounds more like a case of... she has a bit of power and thinks that means she can control other things too.

some HOAs *are* good - ensuring the neighborhood looks good and no one jerk is drawing the property value down for everyone else.

the problem is... many get very nit-picky about small details, or - like your HOA rep - start making up their own rules to enforce on others, or enforce rules depending on social standing, etc.

Comment

Well, really, though, this doesn't have anything to do with that. I only mentioned it because as the person in charge of harmony on the street, she should be the last person walking around starting shit with people that have nothing to do with her.

I could see it if she was, say, coming down there to talk to me about some rule violation (like the junked cars on her buddy's lawn that she's been so far quiet about). But she's not. She's walking around trying to stir up shit with people.

Get this: She went across to the street (to another neighbor she's managed to alienate) and told THAT woman that she'd dressed me down about my shabby yard.

First of all, she didn't say shit to me about my yard.
                            Secondly, my yard is gorgeous. So (which was the neighbor's response to her.)
                            And thirdly, what we discussed is really neither here nor there. If she really was speaking to me in the capacity of the HOA, then shouldn't that conversation be confidential? How is that anyone's business but mine?

Then she told my husband that my friend C up the street is shunning her. My friend wouldn't know this idiot from Adam. In fact, my friend's response when I casually asked her "Hey, C, do you know HOA Genius up the street?" Was to get a little embarrassed and say "No. I know I probably should know who that is. What house does she live in?"

Yeah. Shunning her. Right.

I didn't tell C why I asked that. She doesn't need to stress over a stupid person showing her ass. HOA Genius thinks I ran to C and said nasty things about her(HOA Genius) behind her back. She thinks that because that's the way SHE operates and people (particularly stupid people) tend to assume everyone is just like them.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by RecoveringKinkoid; 03-30-2012, 09:04 PM. Reason: Yeah, here's a picture of my shitty looking yard

Comment

She's just too stupid to realize she's already lost whatever battle she thought she was fighting.

Geeze, your yard IS gorgeous!
                              The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
                              X