This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just one of those days...

Ever have one of those days (or nights, in this case) where tons of little things go wrong, little sucky things happen, and customers have little fits? Nothing huge, but just enough little stuff piling up that you just can't wait to get out?

Yeah, tonight is one of those nights, and apparently not just for me, but for my coworkers as well.

But I don't wanna...
    This tech called in to take assignment of a case, but tried every possible excuse to get out of it. He made us dial into the system again, even though the alarm only reported 10 minutes ago, and pouted when we told him it was still active. He then whined that it would take him an hour to get to the site (which is why there's a four hour response time) and how last time it was an electrical issue. Cry me a river buddy, you're getting paid to check on this, so go do it!

I don't know what I'm talking about, so I must be right!
    This customer called in to open a case for an issue he was having with is VoIP. Problem is, we don't support VoIP, we're not a service provider for it, and he couldn't even decide what his problem was (locked out, couldn't lock out, couldn't log in...it changed every time I asked). When I asked if he'd talked to his service provider, and he got short with me, then said he wanted the shop paged out. I said fine, as our general rule is to do what the customer wants--they have to pay for the tech to come out to site. As it turns out, it was our equipment, he just referenced the wrong system ID and the wrong equipment type, as we refer to our interface with the VoIP-type system as something completely different.

Lost causes
    If you don't know what the problem is, where it's occurring, or why you're calling in, maybe you shouldn't call in. And since you decided you should call in anyways, maybe you should just give up, and call back when you know what you want, because then I might be able to help you, instead of just listen to the sound of you scratching your head, or your @$$, or whatever it is you're doing while you try to think.

(This happened to my coworker, but the case came back to haunt all of us and we spent half the night making callouts to figure out who was responsible for it.)

The dreaded e-mail queue
    We have an e-mail queue in our Outlook, which receives notifications from our case system whenever cases need attention--i.e. they've been sitting too long without someone updating them, or they've reached a commitment time, etc. It has been out of control lately, and teeming with a few common problems.

1. My coworkers putting cases on hold until after regular business hours, so they page our queue when we can't call out on the cases per procedure, even though they should know full well that this isn't ok.

2. People ignoring the queue altogether for hours on end, so when I jump in around 6pm, it's an utter and total mess.

And finally
    One of my coworkers, who works in a dept that is linked to ours and we have to speak to constantly (they monitor sites and have us get techs called out when they see alarms--they monitor, we dispatch), has been ridiculously grumpy lately, to the point where I dread getting him on the phone, as he seems angry that I've dared to call him.
    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Quoth myswtghst View Post
    But I don't wanna...
    This tech called in to take assignment of a case, but tried every possible excuse to get out of it. He made us dial into the system again, even though the alarm only reported 10 minutes ago, and pouted when we told him it was still active. He then whined that it would take him an hour to get to the site (which is why there's a four hour response time) and how last time it was an electrical issue.
    "Very well. Since you do not want to do your job, I'll send your resignation on to your supervisor. Have a good night."*click*
    I for one salute this parkade ninja of yours. ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth myswtghst View Post
      1. My coworkers putting cases on hold until after regular business hours, so they page our queue when we can't call out on the cases per procedure, even though they should know full well that this isn't ok.

2. People ignoring the queue altogether for hours on end, so when I jump in around 6pm, it's an utter and total mess.
      Time to practice your bus-throwing skills... okay, not exactly, but you still shouldn't let them keep getting away with that. Talk to someone higher up and complain about the stuff being left undone by day-shift.
      ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
      And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Working...
      X