This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thieves! Idiots! Morons!!

The last few days have been full of these. Let's start at the beginning.

Monday/Memorial Day:

It was busy. Friends from church had come in to buy some candy and I was chatting with them while watching and helping other customers. A girl (15 or so) comes in, reaches into a bin, snags a peach ring and heads right back out for the door.

Me: Obvious
    SC: Brat
    CC: Church couple

Me: You have to pay for that!
    SC: I was just getting my free sample!
    Me: We don't give out free samples. *point to the sign that reads No self-sampling with a little picture to explain on it*
    SC: Seriously?
    Me: Seriously. Now pay for it. Twenty two cents please or I call security. (As if security could do anything, but they don't know that.)
    SC: *rummages and ends up borrowing a quarter from her friends*
    CC: Wow, go Adarhysenthe!
    ME: Why do they always do that with people from church come visit me??

(It's true, the last time, someone grabbed a handful, had no change and his friend paid for him after a lot of me being very mad that I have to do this in front of people I like.)

Wednesday/Yesterday:

*In the morning, two young boys (same as group as last SC) come in and one steals an imported golden bear (yes, I have a head for these). This one kinda ended ok, but yeesh.*

Me: Yours Truly
    SC1: Thief
    SC2: Thief's friend

Me: Excuse me, but you have to pay for that.
    SC1: Oh, are you serious?
    Me: Why do they always ask that? Do they think I'm kidding?? Yes I'm serious. Eleven cents please.
    SC2: Oh, I thought we were allowed free samples.
    Me: *points to the sign again* Try See's Candies. *why yes, I do send them our morons*
    SC2: Oh.
    Me: Eleven cents please. *drop my pinky ring on the scale and weigh that (it weighs the same--yes I discovered this being bored at work)*
    SC1: *pays for it* Are you mad?
    Me: You were shoplifting.
    SC1: Yes, but are you mad?
    Me: I am supremely irritated. Do you want a reciept?
    SC1: Yeah, that'll be my ticket, so I'll remember not to do it again.
    Me: *somewhat shocked but hand it over and let them go on to buy some Mexican candy*

*Later, during a busy period, a woman steals an atomic fireball (did you not believe me?).*

Me: Excuse me, you have to pay for that.
    SC: Oh, I do?
    Me: Yeah. *again I point to the sign*
    SC: Oh I didn't see that. *apologizes and moves about buying other stuff*

*behind me, a man let's his son grab a gummi worm*

Me: Sir, please don't let your son touch the candy.
    SC2: *just stares at me and puts the worm in the bag*
    SC: See? I didn't see the sign, he heard what you said and so has no excuse!
    Me:

*Again, later and this one really ticked me off*

SC: *grabs a handful while his friend munches another one*
    Me: Excuse me, you have to pay for those!
    SC: Are you serious??
    Me: Well, I'm seriously thinking of strangling you for that question--one more time they ask me that, one more...!!! YES. One dollar please.
    SC: *offers the candy he hadn't eaten yet* You want it back?
    Me: You touched it, I can't sell that. One dollar for the both of you. It's called shoplifting.
    SC: Well, if you don't want it I'll just eat it then. We don't have any money.
    Me: That's too bad, unless you pay I'm calling security.
    SC: *scoffs, offers it back again and I just ger madder. he and his friend then just walk out*
    Me: Get back here!! CW, call security!

I end up calling security because my CW is too new to know how to and I have no idea if they get them or not but I'm positive that they went to hide in Victoria's Secret--Argh!!! I left about twenty minutes later for home, so I have no idea what happened but like hell I was going to stay and find out just for my pride. My boss did give me permission to stop them if I ever saw them again, make them pay, and then ban them from the store (yes, they will pay first).

So, yes, I'm serious.

Yes, I'm pissed.

Ask me again and the sword will come down from the wall and I will split you like a hotdog bun, underside first.

When I worked at the movie theatre we had a bulk candy display and had the same problems. People would think they could just grab a handful and not pay. I mean, what are they thinking.

And ours was alot more expensive than yours

Comment

*pets* now breathe in! and breathe out! now do that 10 more times and then visualize acid raining down on their heads! I promise you'll see a smile
      Be like the flower that perfumes the very hand that crushes it.

Comment

but...are you serious? (puts on chain mail undershorts to guard against sword and runs away fast)

come on, even if you allowed samples...one piece would be a sample...a handful is not a sample

-ams- who is glad she didn't get that job at the candy store in high school
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

but...are you serious? (puts on chain mail undershorts to guard against sword and runs away fast)
          I don't know if the chain mail would protect you. But you did make me laugh, so that's an improvement.

Thanks all.

Comment

Quoth adarhysenthe View Post
            I don't know if the chain mail would protect you. But you did make me laugh, so that's an improvement.

Thanks all.
            Glad to be of service. Does that mean my nether regions are safe from the hot dog bun's fate?

Comment

Yes, they are safe. You are allowed to propogate.

Comment

Yes, they are safe. You are allowed to propogate.
                Yay...now I just need to find me a man...

Comment

You and me both. Though I have a date tonight with the comic book store manager... But he might be too old for me. We shall see (he's 36, I'm 22).

I'm so glad I have today off, I can't deal with so many morons in a row...and I only posted half the stories. More will be forthcoming.

Comment

You and me both. Though I have a date tonight with the comic book store manager... But he might be too old for me. We shall see (he's 36, I'm 22).

I'm so glad I have today off, I can't deal with so many morons in a row...and I only posted half the stories. More will be forthcoming.
                    Eh, age schmage...my ex is 11 years older than me...of all the problems we had, the age difference was not one of them. (The fact that he didn't always act his age, on the other hand...). I think it depends more on where you are in life and personality/compatibility/etc. Keep an open mind...see where it goes...oh, and enjoy your moron-free day

Comment

Is there just a huge barrel of loose candy? I don't understand how they are all reaching into this thing and just eating the candy. Aren't they in bags? I'm kind of confused...

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
                        Is there just a huge barrel of loose candy? I don't understand how they are all reaching into this thing and just eating the candy. Aren't they in bags? I'm kind of confused...
                        Many places sell candy in "bulk." All of the ones I've been to have it stored in clear plastic boxes, complete with scoopers. You're supposed to use the scooper to put the candy into a baggie. But, that concept seems to be lost on cheap people--they'll simply grab a handful as a "sample" and try to get out of paying for it.
                        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Bulk items are a good idea in theory. You can take as much or as little as you want. Problem is, too many idiots do not comprehend the rules:
                          1. No sampling.
                          2. Use the scoop or tongs, not your dirty hands.
                          3. Do not argue with the clerk.
                          4. RTFS!!!
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Protege is right, that's exactly what they are.

Quoth XCashier
                            4. RTFS!!!
                            I'm afraid I don't know that one...

Comment

I'm afraid I don't know that one...
                              Read The Fucking Sign.

Comment

Working...
                              X