This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC = Sincerly Crazy...

Ever had an encounter with an SC that left you wondering if they were just plain crazy or acting up?

Had this issue with a lady today, you decide.

Lady had reserved 2 rooms for multiple nights. Both rooms were non smoking doubles, not suites. She checks in, and goes to the rooms. Comes right back and informs us that there is a mistake and that she had reserved suites.

The clerk looked to see if there was an accidental room change in the customers log, there wasn't, they were made as regular rooms and not suites.

She shows clerk a paper that she printed off the net "see, here is my proof". This confused the clerk as she was under the impression the room was made through the hotel direct and not online.

So I come in to see whats up. Lady is claiming that she made the reservation online and the page she printed clearly shows she made reservations for suites.

What this looney tune did was go online, select 2 suites, added them to her cart, and printed the page. She made no reservation. She did this AFTER her husband had called the hotel to make the actual room reservations himself.

This is where she goes crazy. She says "If I didn't make this online, why is there a confirmation number on my printed page?". I look and see a clearly HANDWRITTEN confirmation number on the page, the one she probably got from her husband when he made the reservation.

I was speechless. She ranted and then eventually left the hotel, didn't give us a chance to help her out in the situation (we would have just given her the suites).

I don't know, customers are becoming more and more odd, I think we all need to start being more careful.
    Last edited by slick; 06-04-2007, 04:25 AM.

She is clearly the one type of SC, that thinks that they are above us in every which way possible. They think that we are just mindless idiots. They probably had a friend that told them, that they scammed some Motel/Hotel, by doing that and bitching and moaning about everything.

So I would say that she was just being stupid. But I do not know for sure.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I've had nutters before. Usually it's the people on pain contracts, and the ones on suboxone tend to be the absolute worst.

When they're literally hyperventilating over the phone that they're not gonna get their allotted pain medication because of a lack of refills, you know you're not dealing with someone with a full deck. Same with the people who's doctors stipulate on the prescription what day they can fill it, and they insist on coming at the stroke of midnight to get it.
      God, I hate the midnight pain med fillers.

Comment

That's not simply being an SC.

That's attempted theft.

Comment

That was odd. I don't know what to think, except...I'm glad it wasn't me having to deal with her.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

There wasn't much to deal with. Lady just kept going on and on about it, wouldn't let anyone get a word in. So I let her finish and just stood there, smiling at her. She left on her own after finishing up her rant. The fact that I was speechless probably helped out since I would have normally argued back a bunch.

Don't worry, its not over, she told me before she left that the BBB, local news, and her lawyer are going to here about it, looks like I better be careful

Comment

Working...
            X