This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinda strange guy at work

I was working on the door at one of the clubs at my local uni this weekend, when a guy comes up to get in. Firstly he tries to breeze past the steward on the door without showing his ticket, so I call him back so he can be checked. While this is going on, my radio is going off, but I can't hear what is being said. Something about a drunk.
    Anyway a few minutes later, one of the other doorstaff comes up and asks about the drunk guy I let in. Drunk guy? Ah the radio message. Oops. So in I go to try and find him. Find him, bring him out and tell him we can't let him in. He protests that he is sober. While I will admit he seems sober, I have been told he is not allowed in under any circumstances, so he isn't getting back in. He finaly decides enough is enough and wanders off a little way.
    Over the course of the next hour, he tries to come back in a few times, each time getting told no by various members of staff. Then he decides that he is going to sit down, on the floor in front of the door.
    Thats right. He sits, cross legged in front of the door. Meditating and crossing himself.
    He gets told that no, he can't sit there as he is a fire hazard, how about sitting by that wall over there? So he moves to another spot about 20 feet away.
    While he is there, I talk to my boss to find out why he can't go in as he does seem sober. It turns out he had been kicked out of one of the other clubs on campus for having his own bottle of vodka with him. All sympathy for the guy has now gone.
    He remains in his spot for about 45 mins until he seems to get bored and heads over to talk to one of the stewards doing tickets. After she refuses to tell us our job (yay steward!) he comments that he may as well 'go and throw himself through a window' and storms off. Towards a disabled entrance to the club. After finding it locked he lost interest and left, but that guy was just weird.
Working...
X