This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My latest smash hit.

And I do mean "smash" quite literally. Had to relocate some overstock, put it on the top shelf...and the glass jars stocked on the other side of the shelf went a-tumbling down!

Cue embarrassingly loud "CRASH!!!" and me running for the broom and dustpan. Six jars bit the dust. A few others, surprisingly, landed intact on the floor. I am so glad nobody was standing in that aisle, or worse, directly underneath the jars!
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

The first morning we were putting out the Christmas snow globes, part way through I went outside for coffee. By the time I got back, a CW had already dropped one. And don't even get me started on the ornaments. Even though the box is clear plastic, people will open it and take one out. Presumably to test if it's really "shatterproof" by throwing it on the floor?
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
      The first morning we were putting out the Christmas snow globes, part way through I went outside for coffee. By the time I got back, a CW had already dropped one.
      Ooh! Broken glass AND loads of water everywhere! That must've been awful to clean up.
      And don't even get me started on the ornaments. Even though the box is clear plastic, people will open it and take one out.
      I don't understand that mindset myself. It's not just Christmas ornaments, either; I'm always finding opened packages all over the store. The packages are always clear plastic, yet idiots have to open the damned things to "look at them".
      My LiveJournal

Comment

When I used to work at Lowe's they called me "crash" because it was impossible for me to handle the lightbulbs without dropping at least one box.

Comment

When I worked for Cheapmart, I put something on a top shelf and accidentally knocked off a plastic pumpkin that was on the other side. It nailed a woman in the head. Thankfully, it was empty. I mean the pumpkin was empty, not the woman's head.
          This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

When I was working for the stick figure office supply store, I was putting something into overstock, and accidentally pushed off an HP Deskjet 722 off the other side. Neatly dropped the printer between a fellow employee and the customer he was talking to at the time.
            Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

It's good that it didn't hit anyone, at least. I'm afraid that my luck wouldn't have been so awesome.

(I'm a klutz, so...)
              1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
              -----
              http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Yeah, we break a lot of stuff~

You know those overstock shelves up high? Yeah, in the past couple months we have had two fall. Not good! One was against the wall, and filled with paint, which is fairly heavy. The right side fell, so about half the bottles landed on the floor and split open. These were the larger chalkboard paint bottles. We didn't know about it right away, so some of the paint was dry when the closing MOD found it. She was immediately called to deal with a SC at the registers, so I was by myself in a scene like a terrible modern art paint splatter. No less than two customers tried to get me to stop cleaning it up and walk them to a product. One time while I was standing on a ladder trying to make sure the rest of the paint didn't fall. Those people did not get walked to the product, they got directions and I don't care if they complain.

The second one was in seasonal candles, and the shelf fell/tilted forward and all the candles fell and the glass broke. That time we were closed, so no worries about customers, but it was really loud.
                Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

You know those overstock shelves up high? Yeah, in the past couple months we have had two fall. Not good!
                  Yes, I do worry about that too, especially since we have a lot of overstock. As in, every overstock shelf around the store piled several feet high. The warehouse sends us way too much of what we're already well-stocked with, and nothing of what we're out of and really need.

And that mess! It amazes me how oblivious some people are to the world around them. It should be blatantly obvious that you've got a massive mess to clean up, yet they're all butt-hurt that you aren't dropping everything to help Almighty Them.
                  My LiveJournal

Comment

Working...
                  X