This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• customer catches me dancing

So yesterday morning I was bored as HELL and decided to rev myself up sooo...I started singing NY, NY and dancing the can can. Yeah, i was THAT bored. Then a wild customer pops out of nowhere!

Me: New york , new yoooooorkkkk! *sees customer and stops*

Customer: Gettin' jiggy wit it I see!

Me: ...yeah.

Anyone else have this happen? Ehe. Still embarrassed.
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

At least it wasn't an SC coming back and catching you doing the Snoopy Dance for shutting down their Faam Duul demand.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Not dancing, but definitely singing. Once upon a many moon ago when I was a waitress I was working a really slow night without a customer in sight. So I started singing as I was changing over of the salt and pepper shakers in the closed section of the restaurant, keeping myself somewhat occupied. I didn't hear the door chime or the hostess seating anybody, and when I turned around there was a table of a couple of guys grinning at me as I stopped right in the middle of my rendition of Purple Rain. They applauded, asked if I performed locally at all because I have a lovely voice, and left me a $40 tip on a $10 coffee and dessert bill.

Comment

I haven't had that happen, but I am afraid that I'm going to blurt out some altered lyrics of a song I really don't like. I altered the lyrics because I don't like the song, and my altered lyrics are odd and funny...to me...

I take the following (apologies if this song gets stuck in your head):

Yeah, my momma she told me don't worry about your size
        She says, boys like a little more booty to hold at night

And I change it to the following:

Booty and booty and booty and booty and boooooty...
        Booty and booty and booty and booty and boooooty...

Sometimes I'll blurt it out like that when I'm driving my car by myself...

Sorry...
        Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

This is unacceptable. How come the customers get to see you leaping about like a Rockette and we your loyal servants here go without... We want to see!!
          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

LOL I was thinking of uploading a video on U Tube just for lulz but I'm all thumbs with computer stuffs. I can type, click and send email but that's it. . actually that song and dance is the one that my family used to do every new year's while watching dick clarks show. So it holds a lot of special memory for me :'^)
            Can't reason with the unreasonable.
            The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

I don't know how to upload, either. I would love to see it, though. I don't think there's any reason to be embarrassed. Stuff like that brightens a good customer's day. (A sucktomer would complain.)
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I sing along to my music, sometimes i dance behind the till if it's a really good song/I'm feeling particularly happy.

A lot of the regulars I see will grin/laugh if they catch me doing it, and I've even had some sing/dance too.

I take my own music in when I'm on shift (absolutely can not deal with the same 10 songs on a 40-min loop that the radio station we have plays all night!), and several customers compliment the music.

It's amusing to see the difference early on a Monday morning - grumpy, just-going-to-work faces. If the radio's on, they're just grumpy, if my music's on they smile as soon as they get in the door!

Comment

Back when I was still doing telephone CS the *sole owner* of the company I worked for [I worked my Sunday shift in an empty building] came through when I was boogieing down to some Motown at the fax machine. I was allowed to have music on as long as I turned down the volume when I got a call. He found it amusing, and I didn't get in trouble so it was all good.

It was a good company to work with, we had a fair amount of latitude on fitting out our cubes. I brought in my own keyboard and wireless headset, and had an Ipod dock, and had access to the internet for using it to look up information to handle stuff. Other people decorated theirs, and one lady had a specially purchased desk chair - which was purchased for her with no argument or complaints.
                  EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Why am I reminded of this scene from Arrow (right at beginning of video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=634CYHPLhy8

"I'm in aware mode."
                    "Just not self-aware mode."

Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

Not that in particular. But since I work at a chain grocery store and most of us have a terrible sense of humour... Things happen. See, nobody checks the cameras unless something happens. We also had a habit of going to other stores during their night shift (before they got rid of night shifts). On this memorable occasion, about a dozen very bored night shifters went to the other location and started up a conga line... Unfortunately they had a shift lifter that night later on and had to look at the security tapes... They knew it was us.
                      Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Comment

Quoth AkaiKitsune View Post
                        ... started up a conga line...
                        So that's where we got the motion gif of conga rats!

Comment

If they start singing, then you have Conga Rat Ululations...
                          “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                          One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                          The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
                            If they start singing, then you have Conga Rat Ululations...
                            Only in Arabic...

Comment

LOL I was thinking of uploading a video on U Tube just for lulz but I'm all thumbs with computer stuffs. I can type, click and send email but that's it. .
                              Far be it from me to discourage our users from embarrassing themselves Go to YouTube, and click the indicated button on the screenshot to upload
                              Attached Files
                              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                              X