This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth sms001 View Post
    ... why did you obfuscate the businesses in your reply?
    To reduce the chance of the crap-o-rats KGestapoB agents kicking down the doors *here* after a goofball search for DitzMark sucks.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
      Just out of curiosity EricKei, why did you obfuscate the businesses in your reply?
      Force of habit, I suppose. I've never actually worked at any of those places >_<

...Sign #547 that you have been hanging around CS.com for way too long...
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
        Why bother protecting the thief's feelings? He doesn't steal it while you're standing in front of him watching, so I'd wait until he's watching before moving the take-a-penny tray behind me.
        I really prefer to avoid confrontation if I can. I'm not afraid of it, but it just makes everyone's lives easier if I don't create a confrontation when avoiding it as simple as seeing his car pull in and pocketing the pennies until he leaves.

I know my boss wouldn't give me grief about it, but I just find it better to do it this way.
        My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
        It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
          Force of habit, I suppose. I've never actually worked at any of those places ...Sign #547 that you have been hanging around CS.com for way too long...

Thanks, exactly why I asked. From the phrasing, I figured they weren't work places, and what you said certainly wasn't libelous. But I occasionally find myself using the pseudonyms in my head when out and about. 'Anthracite's" is my new favorite; we have one here and I love that my brain would rather run through three syllables than one.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
            ... 'Anthracite's" is my new favorite; ...
            Okay, I have to admit I had to look that one up on Wikipedia to get it, but once I did .

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
              I'd put a bunch of brass washers or something under a few pennies in the tray.
              What i'd to is get another tray that looks exactly like the normal one, and a handful of pennies and superglue them to the tray/each other. Then when he comes in, switch out the proper penny tray for your rigged one.
              I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

"Buuuut Lignite's will take it back!"

Then--and I hate to encourage scamming, I really do, but they kinda ask for it--take it over to Lignite's and get out of our face.

Of course they're two miles down the road. Hope the extra gas and traffic was worth it. Derp derp derp.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Rhania506 View Post
                  It's iloveasunflower13's. I wish I could be so clever.

Comment

Working...
                  X